gearedup is offline RETIRED VET R.I.P.

GearedUp (About me and my absence)

I was just called because my board was down so this is the first time I have been online in probably a couple months! I have not been busted, not leaving or doing anything!

I almost died from a drug addiction (Mainly Oxycontin) which I have been on for over a year and badly addicted to! I am off of it now and seeing a counselor and detoxing with buprenex which is helping alot! While trying to do this and get off after almost dying and with my counselor telling me to get rid of all stresses in my life I have stayed off the boards partly for that and also because for months now I have barely even left the house! Fighting with this addiction is the hardest thing I have ever done and has even made me want to kill myself!

I have not been busted for anything on hereand will be glad to give all my info name, picture, my detox doctor or whatever you guys need on all the boards to a person or people I trust! I understand how the rumors get started especially when I just dissappear but I had to for my life! Like I stated I will give all my info so anyone can check so all these stupid ass rumors can stop of me getting busted! I also have been in constant phone contact with chemripped who lives close to me! I have been feeling better and will try to be on the boards more! I am just a little hurt I have been on these boards longer than most of any of the people way back to the EZBoards (lol)

What you judge of me or still want to think or start rumors about I dont care, if you still are concerned which some of you paranoid people get and cant seem to get over then dont quit being my friend and I will respect it if you dont want to talk to me about anything you think could get you in trouble all I ask is dont quit being my friend! Talk to Chemripped who I have been in phone contact with over this time and I will give any personal info anyone wants so you can check whatever and I will give the name of my drug counselor and my doctor if you want to talk to them!

I am sorry I had to leave the boards but I had to get all stresses out of my life and honestly the drugs made me feel like not even getting out of bed while detoxing! I am off the oxycontin now and on a detox injection called buprenex which is working wonders and makes me feel alive again, I tried methadone treatment and relapsed and ended up making it harder!

I miss all of you guys and will be back soon I hope you all can have faith in me since in all the years I never wronged anyone and would never! I also appreciate Basskiller and all my mods who were taking care of the board while I was gone you guys are great! Apparently I got a call from a friend about my board being off probably because I havent been online at all and forgot payment was due!

CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE POST THIS AT ALL THE BOARDS!!! THANKS!

P.T.P is offline Junior Member
    Best of luck to you

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P.T.P
    Best of luck to you
    wwow bo sorry to her that but very glad ur getting thrugh this ,ub are a very good bro ,and have helped me out a few times here and there .i will help and try to stop all these rumors bro best of luck to ya .

Thanks I appreciate it this drug and others almost ruined my life I am finally getting it back!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Congrats on what I am sure was the toughest thing you have ever had to go through. Do the things necessary to get your life back on track and don't worry about others right now.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Sorry to hear that Geared. Hope things can get much better for you and you beat this episode and come out on top learning from your experience.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    good to hear that you didn't fall off all the way and things are getting better. Hang in there, you know we're here supporting you

Iceburg is offline Junior Member
    Hey Geared ... Glad to see your OK. You helped me alot on FB when I was just getting started, you didn't have too and there really wasn't anything in it for you. That was very cool.

I too live in Fl (as you know ) and near chem too .... If you need any help or anything I can do .... just shoot me a PM or an e-mail. You were there for me, so Im here for you now brother ... if you need it.

Best wishes !!

Thanks Iceburg and everyone Ice you should come up and visit you can stay in my spare room we will have a blast!

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    It's good to hear things are getting better for you, you've got our support Bro!

BDTR is offline Retired
    oxys are rough bro, had a friend go from on top of the world to rock bottom with several attempts to come clean with no luck. Was on oxys and nubain. He started after a back injury so he could continue to workout at a rock hard 255 lbs, last i saw him he was about 160 and flabby and broke. It's good you're beating it, shows some serious strength for sure.
    Last edited by bdtr; 07-19-2003 at 07:00 PM.

Don't know ya bro, but I know the oxys aren't no joke! Hang in there, and just remember how bad it got when ever the urge occurs. Thats how I kicked meth, smoking, drinking ect, ect ect. I kicked them all at seperate times, and each time I had gone to the extreme (seems to happen a lot with me ) and just came to the conclusion that this is not worth it. Each time after I quit, and had the urge, I'd just think of why I quit, and how much better life is now. The positives of not using always outweighed the negatives of going back to using, and if they didn't, well then it wasn't bad enought to quit....yet. Eventually your life becomes unmanagble and that is when the strategy I am talking about above works real well for me.

Anyways, good luck to you. You can do anything you put your mind to.

Luckily I got on this new medicine and it actualy takes cravings for the oxy away I have been clean from them for a few days and each day I am feeling better!

If anyone is addicted try Buprenex I have tried every method to detox and this is the only thing that has gotten me away from them and made me want to live!

Good to hear. Ya, oxys add a great deal of PHYSICAL addiction in to the picture, which is a lot harder to deal with. Keep on truckin' bro. Livin' is good thing!!

Mudge is offline Junior Member
    Good luck with the fight man, beat it with a big stick.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Glad to see you back bro. I'm always around if ya ever need anything...

Thread Information