Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Couchlockd
  • 2 Post By Third Tier
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Anybody here know if esterized AAS have any oral bioavailability in dogs?

ss01 is offline Associate Member

Anybody here know if esterized AAS have any oral bioavailability in dogs?

A little background...

The little guy is 55 lbs and 13 years old. He's been turning white for 4 years now. Lately, his hind legs have been losing strength and mobility. Vet appointments reveal it's the spine that's developed some sort of arthritis and calcification. He has spondilytis (sp?).

I want him as mobile as possible for as long as possible. I feel he might lose the will to live if he can't climb upstairs with us anymore. I know deca has been great for my joints and my hernia, so I'm thinking it's worth a shot. Thing is, I don't know how to inject a dog IM.

But I also think I read somewhere that there would be some oral bioavailability to a dog, given their livers are different.

Please help.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss01 View Post
    A little background...

The little guy is 55 lbs and 13 years old. He's been turning white for 4 years now. Lately, his hind legs have been losing strength and mobility. Vet appointments reveal it's the spine that's developed some sort of arthritis and calcification. He has spondilytis (sp?).

I want him as mobile as possible for as long as possible. I feel he might lose the will to live if he can't climb upstairs with us anymore. I know deca has been great for my joints and my hernia, so I'm thinking it's worth a shot. Thing is, I don't know how to inject a dog IM.

But I also think I read somewhere that there would be some oral bioavailability to a dog, given their livers are different.

Please help.
    No nothing but methylated gear has any oral bioavailability, a digestive tract is s digestive tract. Liver pass is going to destroy anything not specifically made for oral ingestion

I don't think test is going to do anything for a old arthritic dog.

If anything cortisone shots or something to that effect

As far as IM a animal, dog to bovine, you find a nice meaty muscle and plunge it in.

You're not going to reverse aging, 13 years is a long life to live for a dog

I know how you feel man my dog of 13 years old passed a while ago and it fucking ruined me.

What you should do is give him some fish oils maybe CoQ10 and just treat him well and give him a quality of life
    Family_guy and Madcox like this.

Third Tier is offline Associate Member
    A little background...

Please help.
    Look into a good CBD ... May extend the little fellas well being and may make him feel better!

Quote Originally Posted by Third Tier View Post
    Look into a good CBD ... May extend the little fellas well being and may make him feel better!
    Yes we are doing all options at the same time. CBD will reduce pain, but has no lubricating effect on joints. The problem with the inflemmation is that it pinches the nerves and the signal doesn't get to the muscles. Rebuilding and lubricating any connective tissue that has fallen into disrepair looks to be the best right now.

Yes we are doing all options at the same time. CBD will reduce pain, but has no lubricating effect on joints. The problem with the inflemmation is that it pinches the nerves and the signal doesn't get to the muscles. Rebuilding and lubricating any connective tissue that has fallen into disrepair looks to be the best right now.
    I used to give my dog I spoke of very strong edibles. Thc.

It worked

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I used to give my dog I spoke of very strong edibles. Thc.

It worked

Can I be your dog

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Can I be your dog
    Lol

He was very resistance to smoke when young

When he got old he'd run up on bed and wait for an exhale and start licking your face

He was getting bad though, holding vhim up to poop.

The edibles made his last 6 months enjoyable at least
    Test Monsterone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    OP, have you tried Cosequin?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Can't say I heard about Cosequin.

I'm going to ask the vet about Adequan next time I see her.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Lol

He was very resistance to smoke when young

When he got old he'd run up on bed and wait for an exhale and start licking your face

He was getting bad though, holding vhim up to poop.

The edibles made his last 6 months enjoyable at least
    That's sad man, but at least you gave it your all and helped him out for the last months of his life. Most people would have probably just put him down without trying anything.
    ss01 likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Can't say I heard about Cosequin.

I'm going to ask the vet about Adequan next time I see her.
    Google "Cosequin for dogs". We've used Cosequin max strength with MSM for our mastiffs as they got older. Our biggest boy weighed 272# and it gave him relief, especially climbing stairs.

After a few months on Cosequin, our older mastiffs would be back to galloping around with no sign of distress.

Ask your vet about Cosequin.

Edit: Just an FYI, Adequan can be rough on the kidneys of some canines.
    Talk with your vet and get their input
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-01-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    ss01 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Google "Cosequin for dogs". We've used Cosequin max strength with MSM for our mastiffs as they got older. Our biggest boy weighed 272# and it gave him relief, especially climbing stairs.

After a few months on Cosequin, our older mastiffs would be back to galloping around with no sign of distress.

Ask your vet about Cosequin.

Edit: Just an FYI, Adequan can be rough on the kidneys of some canines.
    Talk with your vet and get their input
    Thanks dude, that's great info.

Thread Information