Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Chrisp83TRT
  • 1 Post By Ephemeral
  • 1 Post By Slacker78
  • 1 Post By balance

Thread: Interesting results on last bloodwork

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Interesting results on last bloodwork

A month ago I got my bloodwork after being on my self-imposed TRT at 125 mg Test E & 500 IU HCG per week. Blood was taken in the morning, hours before my next injection was due. Pinning 2x per week at 3.5 day intervals. Here are the results:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 1.36.46 PM.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	176562

As you can see, the total testosterone is within the normal range at 879 ng/Dl. The free testosterone is high at 38.59 ng/Dl. Free test is almost double the normal range... but the total test is at a respectable normal level. What could make the total test normal but the free test high?

The other thing is, estradiol was high at 46.4 pg/mL. Was not taking any aromatase inhibitor. Why is it high even on a modest TRT dose - was dieting affecting this?

Another issue is with my HDL cholesterol. Months before, with double the dose of Test (200 mg/ml) and no HCG, my HDL was 40. Most recently, with dieting, cardio, etc. my HDL was still 40... it seems my efforts to eat healthier and do more cardio paid off for the LDL, but did nothing for the HDL. Any ideas?

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 1.43.14 PM.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	176563
    Last edited by Test Monsterone; 05-01-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    For one, the basic protocol would be 100mg per week.
    Your E will most.liekly drop.

Adding mast or proviron will increase free test and combat estrogen.

For 125mg that isn't bad numbers to be honest.

Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk
    Cylon357 and Test Monsterone like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks for the suggestion Chris. I'm looking into proviron and masteron more now that I'm on my second cycle. Like I was saying, my free test is already high, so I don't need to increase that. I just don't know why the free test is double the normal range, and the total is normal? If I lower the TRT protocol to 100 mg/week, like you say, maybe that will also lower the estrogen. When I was 19 my total test was 886, I believe. I don't remember having any estrogen issues then, but I was natty obviously.

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Chris. I'm looking into proviron and masteron more now that I'm on my second cycle. Like I was saying, my free test is already high, so I don't need to increase that. I just don't know why the free test is double the normal range, and the total is normal? If I lower the TRT protocol to 100 mg/week, like you say, maybe that will also lower the estrogen. When I was 19 my total test was 886, I believe. I don't remember having any estrogen issues then, but I was natty obviously.
    Your free T is high probably because your SHBG is low. SHBG binds T, so the lower it is, the higher free T is. Here's a calculator:

Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator

Your estradiol is not that high, mine was double the range at 100mg T a week, and if u're slightly above range that's not really a problem, in fact some say it's beneficial (higher libido, lower CVD risks, better gainz since it's anabolic in the presence of androgens).
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Slacker78 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    A month ago I got my bloodwork after being on my self-imposed TRT at 125 mg Test E & 500 IU HCG per week. Blood was taken in the morning, hours before my next injection was due. Pinning 2x per week at 3.5 day intervals. Here are the results:

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 1.36.46 PM.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	176562

As you can see, the total testosterone is within the normal range at 879 ng/Dl. The free testosterone is high at 38.59 ng/Dl. Free test is almost double the normal range... but the total test is at a respectable normal level. What could make the total test normal but the free test high?

The other thing is, estradiol was high at 46.4 pg/mL. Was not taking any aromatase inhibitor. Why is it high even on a modest TRT dose - was dieting affecting this?

Another issue is with my HDL cholesterol. Months before, with double the dose of Test (200 mg/ml) and no HCG, my HDL was 40. Most recently, with dieting, cardio, etc. my HDL was still 40... it seems my efforts to eat healthier and do more cardio paid off for the LDL, but did nothing for the HDL. Any ideas?

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 1.43.14 PM.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	176563
    I should not care so much about your HDL but rather, your triglycerides. Don't look just your HDL value but it's more important the Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio which for men, it should be <= 5 as good indicator related to cardiovascular risk ... and yours is 3,57 and it's optimal. Instead look at your triglycerides/HDL ratio which it should be <= 2... and instead it's 2,77, a bit high. So, keep on eye your triglycerides and use a ton of fish oil to lower it, because the rest of your lipids profile is pretty good.
    Last edited by Slacker78; 05-02-2019 at 05:27 AM.

balance is offline Associate Member
    The lipid panel is just a snap shot in time. It can be effected to quite a degree depending upon when you had it taken, were you fasted, what you consumed over last few days. FWIW your lipid panel looks really good to me but that’s coming from someone with a not so great lipid profile. As far as masteron or proviron they are both documented to have a negative impact on your lipids dose dependent. So before jumping on those you may want to research possible implications and weigh the value to you.

As far as your E2 it’s not that far out of range. It’s your choice what you want to do, but arimidex is also documented to have negative impact on lipids too. Also your igf looks really good and that to would likely go down if you add an ai to your protocol. I’m pretty new here but this is how I see this, do some research it can help you decide your path.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information