Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Windex
  • 1 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 1 Post By redz

Thread: 1st Cycle Questions

  1. #1
    JackMan017 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    58

    Thumbs up 1st Cycle Questions

    Hello Everyone,

    Preparing for my 1st (test e 500mg p/wk) & have a couple questions specifically regarding Arimidex & HCG

    Obviously I'm not sure how my body is going to respond, going to have to go through a learning curve here. My Arimidex I purchased are in .25mg tabs. Other than looking at my mid cycle blood work or possibly having symptoms I'm not even going to be familiar with, how do I know when to take it? What would you do if you were me? Start out not taking it?
    I've done pre bloods - sensitive estradiol is 21.5 (range is 8.0-35.0)


    As for HCG, do I wait till say week 6 before I start taking it? I've heard HCG can create higher estrogen and/or make estrogen challenging to manage, so I have thought on my mind. The protocall on here says to take it from the beginning, but the consensus I've been reading seems to be that it would be just as effective to take it about half way during the cycle and stop on the last week of a pin.

    I'll have plenty of everything when I start (i.e. Clomid/Nolva/HCG/Arimidex/Supplies )

    I appreciate the input!

  2. #2
    cylon357's Avatar
    cylon357 is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    463
    Blog Entries
    1
    This post will answer a ton of questions, including ones you have and ones that you don't yet (but will).

    The topic of AI use at the start of a cycle seems to be under discussion at the moment. There are several more knowledgeable members than me that can speak to that.

    What are your current stats and BF%? Goals from the cycle?

  3. #3
    JackMan017 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    This post will answer a ton of questions, including ones you have and ones that you don't yet (but will).

    The topic of AI use at the start of a cycle seems to be under discussion at the moment. There are several more knowledgeable members than me that can speak to that.

    What are your current stats and BF%? Goals from the cycle?
    5'8, 37, 16% body fat, around 181lbs. I'm getting my bodyfat down more, should be right around 14% when i start. I don't want to get too much leaner than around 13/14% as i get hunger/mental issues getting leaner than that. I'd love to drop about 5lbs of fat and put on 5-10lbs of mass for this first.

  4. #4
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    3,483
    I would start HCG from Week 1.

    Bloodwork is gonna be a good guide for E2. It's worth checking mid cycle to have baseline established for future cycles.

    Have Tamoxifen AND AI on hand but you don't necessary need to use until symptoms. Recognize that your body is going to be on a mini roller coaster from a huge hormonal shift. No need to go into panic mode when this happens and start taking Arimidex like gummy bears.
    JackMan017 likes this.
    I no longer check my inbox. If you PM me I will not reply.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    602
    Doing cycles is pointless imo, especially at your age. It's like driving a civic, hopping in a Ferrari for a few months, and then going back to your broken down civic. Even with TRT it's very hard to keep anything from a cycle, much less shutting down your endocrine system and having to recover...at age 37.

  6. #6
    JackMan017 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    I would start HCG from Week 1.

    Bloodwork is gonna be a good guide for E2. It's worth checking mid cycle to have baseline established for future cycles.

    Have Tamoxifen AND AI on hand but you don't necessary need to use until symptoms. Recognize that your body is going to be on a mini roller coaster from a huge hormonal shift. No need to go into panic mode when this happens and start taking Arimidex like gummy bears.
    Thank you. Yeah, the protocall on here is .25mg Arimidex every other day, IMO sounds a little much. But I also understand everyone probably responds a little differently. I'll know soon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMan017 View Post
    Thank you. Yeah, the protocall on here is .25mg Arimidex every other day, IMO sounds a little much. But I also understand everyone probably responds a little differently. I'll know soon.
    I don’t use it. At half a gram of test a week and no other compounds you’re not going have estrogen issues unless you’re very sensitive to it, and even at that it’s not like your going to wake up with a nice new pair of boobs.

    If you’re concerned about it run out 10mg of Nolva everyday. It won’t crash out your estrogen like an AI will, but it will keep it from binding to the receptors.

    Like Windex said, you’re changing your body’s hormonal make up. You’re going to feel some stuff. Don’t swallow a bottle of arimadex because you wake up and your nipples are itchy.
    JackMan017 likes this.

  8. #8
    redz's Avatar
    redz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    13,744
    Funny people think you can’t eat with low bf, I was getting it wrong for so long I’m stuffing my face staying lean tipping the scale today at 239.6. I do tons of cardio and smash the weights 6 times a week and float in the 9-11% bf.

  9. #9
    JackMan017 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Funny people think you can’t eat with low bf, I was getting it wrong for so long I’m stuffing my face staying lean tipping the scale today at 239.6. I do tons of cardio and smash the weights 6 times a week and float in the 9-11% bf.
    Do you track calories? I eat & train the same way, cardio 1-2 hours of LISS walking 6 days p/wk, far from 9-11%, that's for sure. Curious what you mean when you say you were getting it wrong for so long

  10. #10
    redz's Avatar
    redz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    13,744
    I was going low carb and starving myself to get ripped. Now I’m eating as much as I can and still getting lean haven’t been counting calories but I’m in the 4-5k range most days.
    JackMan017 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •