Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TooManyYears

Thread: Proviron?

McGregor is offline Associate Member

Proviron?

Are the anti estrogen properties of proviron real? A lot of bodybuilders use it pre contest and i've been thinking about it. What do you think about it and what are your experiences with the drug?

TooManyYears is offline New Member
    Yes, but not in the way Arimidex or Nolva do. In stead of binding to the estrogen receptors, it binds with the aromatase enzyme. Also, Proviron itself cannot aromatase and it makes other steroids more
    effective by preventing their conversion into estrogen.
    Have no experience myself with it, but pre contest it surely does has it value to give you a harder look.
    Family_guy likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McGregor View Post
    Are the anti estrogen properties of proviron real? A lot of bodybuilders use it pre contest and i've been thinking about it. What do you think about it and what are your experiences with the drug?

If they do I think they are mild at best. I wouldn't use it as a stand alone. Back in the 80-90's we used a stack of NOLVA and PROVIRON and that worked well.

McGregor is offline Associate Member
    What about someone who isn't very prone to estrogenic side effects (still gets the water retention side effect but without gyno). Can someone like that use proviron as estrogen reducer without reducing the IGF benefits from testosterone . A day after injecting testosterone my face looks slightly bloated i want to reduce the water retention with proviron. I guess using proviron as anti estrogen isn't very popular right?

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Proviron is not something like AI by any means. It just keeps enzymes (aromatase) and carrier (binding) proteins (SHBG, albumin for instance) busy, so you have more free testosterone in your body. But it has detrimental effect on your cholesterol. It does not significantly reduce your estrogen at all, so I would only add it to a cycle if I have high SHBG and low free testosterone. It definitely helps with erections, depression and fertility (its the main purpose of this compound in medicine), but if you need an AI, you should use an AI.

Thread Information