Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By Windex

Thread: New brand, extra painful Sub-Q for TRT

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    641

    New brand, extra painful Sub-Q for TRT

    About 2 weeks ago I switched from Test E of brand X, to Test C of brand Y. Yes, this is an SAT question. Test E was dosed at 250 mg/mL, while the new Test C is dosed at 200 mg/mL. I ordered this Test C over the winter and received it in freezing weather. Each Test C bottle was crystalized. I ran hot water over one of the vials for a good hour until the crystals disappeared. I've been since using this vial for my sub Q TRT shots.

    Over the past couple of weeks I noticed it sting while injecting the oil into the belly, and thereafter for another hour or two. A day after injection, a lump will develop and take around 4 days to dissipate. Today before my injection, I put all the crystalized bottles of Test C into a shallow pan and lightly boiled the water while individually removing and gently stirring the oil in each vial, before placing it back in the hot water. Within 15 minutes the crystals dissolved and the oil is clear. I did this with the already opened bottle of test C that I've been using the past two weeks. I thought if I reheated it, it would hurt even less because there would be less microscopic crystals - nope. This time it hurt even more going in, while the oil was just warm to touch. It still stings an hour later.

    I remember that I injected once with a different brand of Test C, before I even started the Test E, and that also caused a lump to form that was kind of painful and itchy.


    So the question is, is it the brand of Test, carrier oil and alcohol, or the cypionate ester that is causing this type of Sub Q pip? I read somewhere that one of the esters, E or C is more tolerable as TRT for Sub Q... if I remember correctly.

  2. #2
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    About 2 weeks ago I switched from Test E of brand X, to Test C of brand Y. Yes, this is an SAT question. Test E was dosed at 250 mg/mL, while the new Test C is dosed at 200 mg/mL. I ordered this Test C over the winter and received it in freezing weather. Each Test C bottle was crystalized. I ran hot water over one of the vials for a good hour until the crystals disappeared. I've been since using this vial for my sub Q TRT shots.

    Over the past couple of weeks I noticed it sting while injecting the oil into the belly, and thereafter for another hour or two. A day after injection, a lump will develop and take around 4 days to dissipate. Today before my injection, I put all the crystalized bottles of Test C into a shallow pan and lightly boiled the water while individually removing and gently stirring the oil in each vial, before placing it back in the hot water. Within 15 minutes the crystals dissolved and the oil is clear. I did this with the already opened bottle of test C that I've been using the past two weeks. I thought if I reheated it, it would hurt even less because there would be less microscopic crystals - nope. This time it hurt even more going in, while the oil was just warm to touch. It still stings an hour later.

    I remember that I injected once with a different brand of Test C, before I even started the Test E, and that also caused a lump to form that was kind of painful and itchy.


    So the question is, is it the brand of Test, carrier oil and alcohol, or the cypionate ester that is causing this type of Sub Q pip? I read somewhere that one of the esters, E or C is more tolerable as TRT for Sub Q... if I remember correctly.

    I don’t think it’s the ester at all. I’ve used E and C interchangeably both SQ and IM for TRT with no issues for a while now. Just a guess here, but I think you nailed with the either the BC/BA ratios being different which are notorious for PIP. Have you tried going IM and seeing if it makes a difference in your pain?
    Test Monsterone likes this.

  3. #3
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    21,347
    Sounds like a solvent ratio issue, the solvent used or type of carrier.
    Never heard of anyone have an issue with the cyp ester. Enanthate , yrs, because there's a lot of dirty enanthate out there.
    Prop occasionally gives a little bite but not bad.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    I don’t think it’s the ester at all. I’ve used E and C interchangeably both SQ and IM for TRT with no issues for a while now. Just a guess here, but I think you nailed with the either the BC/BA ratios being different which are notorious for PIP. Have you tried going IM and seeing if it makes a difference in your pain?
    I haven't gone IM with this brand's Test C yet, I'll try with the next injection. I did use this brand's EQ for a few shots IM without pain, but the EQ never crystalized. Got it in the same package as the TEST C bottles.

  5. #5
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    21,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I haven't gone IM with this brand's Test C yet, I'll try with the next injection. I did use this brand's EQ for a few shots IM without pain, but the EQ never crystalized. Got it in the same package as the TEST C bottles.

    As long as the test C went back into solution and has held, I think the crash from the cool temps can be eliminated.
    Occasionally,vI do hear of people complaining of sub-Q PIP, but they are usually trying to inject a large volume of oil.

    Think you have the correct approach; have a go at the vial in question, but shoot it IM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  6. #6
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    10,312
    Blog Entries
    1
    Fuck subq anything UGL
    balance and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

  7. #7
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    3,532
    Your allowed to say the brand...
    almostgone likes this.
    I no longer check my inbox. If you PM me I will not reply.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •