Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: Getting Abscesses and Weird Pimples

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

Getting Abscesses and Weird Pimples

I started on Androgel for TRT a few years ago but about 18 months ago I started adding a little Test C administered Sub-Q. Since then I've had two skin problems I thought I'd ask here about.

I've had two skin abscesses about a year apart. The first one was advanced enough before I noticed it that it had to be excised. Not just lanced but cut out, like it was a cancer. I caught the second one earlier and a course of antibiotics put it right, no surgery necessary. Neither occurred anywhere near an injection site. I've read that abscesses aren't that uncommon with steroid use but all the personal accounts I can find state that that they were at an injection site (which I presume indicates they were caused by some contamination or a lack of sterility). But I don't see that's likely in my case because the problem never occurred at an injection site (or anywhere close).

The other problem is pimples unlike any I've ever had before. My usual pimples start as a bump you can barely feel. Then over the next few days it starts getting redder an it slowly forms a head. Then the whole site is raised but the head is just a little more raised than the rest. But when these new pimples arise the head emerges first, then a very small but very dark red ring forms around it. And the head is very prominent, standing out like the yolk on an uncooked egg.

Regular pimples come up in the places where the skin is naturally oily and they fade to nothing in about a week. The weird pimples tend to come up in places that aren't oily and they leave the site discolored, so dark a gray that it's almost black, necrotic looking. I've got one that's several months old and shows no sign of fading.

Neither of these occurred when I was only using the topicals. And it goes without saying I could do without getting any more abscesses. Do either sound like something related to the Sub-Q Test-C?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Could the pimples be ingrown hairs or is the whole "bump" grey?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I don't think it's ingrown hairs. I'm a cyclist and that's one of the primary causes of saddle sores, which is something all cyclists have to deal with from time to time. It can take them some time to come to a head where as the head is the first thing to come up on these.

I'm one of the more hairless hairless apes and have very little body hair, except the pubes and underarms of course. I just looked and I've still got a spot still healing on the inside of both biceps, where I don't have a sign of a hair.

The graying doesn't start until after it bursts, then the grayish area spreads as it heals to cover a little more real estate than what was visible of the pimple did.

That does sound more like an infection/abscess with the gray area expanding after it ruptured.
    Doesn't quite sound like it's related to an overproduction of sebum either.

Sorry, no help here.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

But you, as an experienced member (which I'm presuming also means you have extensive experience of the sort, as well as acquaintance with others who are similarly inclined) have never come across AASs causing these sorts of problems?

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    But you, as an experienced member (which I'm presuming also means you have extensive experience of the sort, as well as acquaintance with others who are similarly inclined) have never come across AASs causing these sorts of problems?
    Red/run of the mill pimples yes (over production of oil type) necrotic looking gray/black mark leaving variety...never

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Usually occours during a hormonal swing.
    I get some on my forearms as you describe.
    Just a near surface level head with no core.

Sterile abcesses I caused and they were directly at the injection site. Site started itching and swelled and itched infinitely so I excised them with a big ass needle. Pulled out a lot of blood, water, puss, and air from the fat I presume.

Never had one with oil base compounds only water base.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    My protocols at the time were... Idk.
    Bunch of full syringes of random gear.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Not with grey discoloration you describe.
    Sebum plugs, infected hair follicles, ingrown hairs...yes.

lundgren is offline Junior Member
    I started on Androgel for TRT a few years ago but about 18 months ago I started adding a little Test C administered Sub-Q. Since then I've had two skin problems I thought I'd ask here about.

I've had two skin abscesses about a year apart. The first one was advanced enough before I noticed it that it had to be excised. Not just lanced but cut out, like it was a cancer. I caught the second one earlier and a course of antibiotics put it right, no surgery necessary. Neither occurred anywhere near an injection site. I've read that abscesses aren't that uncommon with steroid use but all the personal accounts I can find state that that they were at an injection site (which I presume indicates they were caused by some contamination or a lack of sterility). But I don't see that's likely in my case because the problem never occurred at an injection site (or anywhere close).

The other problem is pimples unlike any I've ever had before. My usual pimples start as a bump you can barely feel. Then over the next few days it starts getting redder an it slowly forms a head. Then the whole site is raised but the head is just a little more raised than the rest. But when these new pimples arise the head emerges first, then a very small but very dark red ring forms around it. And the head is very prominent, standing out like the yolk on an uncooked egg.

Regular pimples come up in the places where the skin is naturally oily and they fade to nothing in about a week. The weird pimples tend to come up in places that aren't oily and they leave the site discolored, so dark a gray that it's almost black, necrotic looking. I've got one that's several months old and shows no sign of fading.

Neither of these occurred when I was only using the topicals. And it goes without saying I could do without getting any more abscesses. Do either sound like something related to the Sub-Q Test-C?
    It's test C from doctor ?
    What is the composition of the test ?

For SC in the past i used this methode and the oestrogen level are more stimulated.
    You need to inject micro-dosage like 0.1ml and change the spot with 0.1ml etc ...

Personally i used around 0.2 to 0.3 max but the red lump need 3 to 6 days to left.

Try to see your oestrogen level because in SC the level up more than intra-muscular ;-)
    ( the same for HCG )

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Not with grey discoloration you describe.
    Sebum plugs, infected hair follicles, ingrown hairs...yes.
    Edit: Honestly, it sounds more like the reaction I occasionally get from the little small biting gnats we have in SC.

Beginning to sound like this ain't nothing to do with the TRT.

Thread Information