Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Charlie67

Thread: does nolvadex effect gains?

morton30 is offline Associate Member

does nolvadex effect gains?

I have read on here before someone was saying nolvadex helps prevent the muscles from tearing or somthing like that witch will effect gains is this true or is it nonsense. if someone was on a dbol cycle and started getting gyno and then started 30mg nolva a day would they be wasting there time carrying on with the dbol whilst on nolva?

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by morton30 View Post
    I have read on here before someone was saying nolvadex helps prevent the muscles from tearing or somthing like that witch will effect gains is this true or is it nonsense. if someone was on a dbol cycle and started getting gyno and then started 30mg nolva a day would they be wasting there time carrying on with the dbol whilst on nolva?
    I had a similar question before about Nolva’s effect on IGF-1. Basically what it takes is so insignificant that it’s not even worth mentioning. If you’re worried about growing moobs, run your 10-20mg of Nolvadex a day. Won’t hurt a thing.
    GearHeaded likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    I had a similar question before about Nolva’s effect on IGF-1. Basically what it takes is so insignificant that it’s not even worth mentioning. If you’re worried about growing moobs, run your 10-20mg of Nolvadex a day. Won’t hurt a thing.
    ^ correct . Nolva will not hinder gains any where even close to what an AI can hinder (reason being is nolva allows your serum levels of estrogen to elevate with your androgen levels and only selectively blocks receptors.. so you still get benefits that AAS gives in regards to elevated E levels, while an AI keeps estrogen from even being produced in the first place and kills your gains).. now yes, Nolva can limit some hepatic output of IGF in women who are completely natural and have low estrogen . but that lowered output is a drop in the bucket and does not mean anything to a bodybuilder running plenty of gear, growth factors, training hard etc., which all helps cellular output of IGF (and nolva only effects hepatic output of IGF, not cellular output) . plus if your running aromatizing compounds like test and your estrogen levels are elevated, then that itself is going to help you produce more haptic IGF anyhow.
    Nolva would only hinder gains if you were running it on top of a heavy dosage of an AI

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	177017

this guy (Jordan Peters) was a measly 125 pounds in college (he's still only in his 20s), he put on 175 pounds of muscle with hard training, nutrition, AND running cycles where he used Nolva (and not an AI). going from 125 pounds to 300+ pounds in such a short time , clearly Nolva does not hinder gains
    Obs likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morton30 View Post
    It's very minimal if it does. Using HGH or IGF1 can even counter act that. No one looks good with gyno so if its a problem you need to use something.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post

this guy (Jordan Peters) was a measly 125 pounds in college (he's still only in his 20s), he put on 175 pounds of muscle with hard training, nutrition, AND running cycles where he used Nolva (and not an AI). going from 125 pounds to 300+ pounds in such a short time , clearly Nolva does not hinder gains
    Wow he could pass for mid 40s lol and lets not forget “””””results not typical “”””lol

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    And, just like you don't have to take an AI, you don't HAVE to take Nolva... Take it if you need it, don't get so programmed into thinking you have to take either an AI, or Nolva... or caber... or whatever. If you need something, then take it. If you don't then don't.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    And, just like you don't have to take an AI, you don't HAVE to take Nolva... Take it if you need it, don't get so programmed into thinking you have to take either an AI, or Nolva... or caber... or whatever. If you need something, then take it. If you don't then don't.
    I agree somewhat. If you are prone to gyno or estrogen sides then its a good idea to use an AI or SERM as a preventative but if you never have had an issue, just keep them on hand just in case. I've noticed in my many years that guys I work with some have no problems early on but as they age some become more sensitive and susceptible.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions

Love the super full round muscle bellies.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Wow he could pass for mid 40s lol and lets not forget “””””results not typical “”””lol
    We got this
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    Love the super full round muscle bellies.
    ....easy now

Thread Information