• 4 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 2 Post By balance
  • 1 Post By tbjake34
  • 1 Post By Family_guy
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Can you train 2x a day everyday?

Jonbana is offline Member

Can you train 2x a day everyday?

Hey guys I’m taking 2-3 years off of work and I have all the time in the world

Is there anyway to train 2x a day everyday ?

Are you able to guide me in the right direction with routines and information ?

Everywhere you go it’s over training but there’s no way pros only train once a day for an hour at a time and 4-5x a week

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Most people (genetically average) would over train or get injured quickly training twice per day. These top pros that do it are extremely genetically gifted and that's all they do, train, eat, sleep, repeat. Lets not forget all the PED's and AAS that go along with it as well.
    HoldMyBeer and songdog like this.

Oneup81 is offline New Member
    Yes you can train twice today dependent on your metabolism, Yes you can train twice today dependent on your metabolism, You're food/ macro intake and what your goals are. The biggest thing is making sure your taken enough food to sustain or support training twice A-day. If you post a little more information about yourself and what your goals are I can give you a better answer..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jonbana is offline Member
    Currently
    220LBS
    15%bf
    age 31
    5 10”

On TRT

I’m looking to just be shredded I’m happy with my size but also bored of only training once a day 4x a week , if I can truly benefit from training more I’m down unless it will only hinder me

Currently on a normal 4day split about 40min-1h
    Chest/tri
    Back/bi
    Shoulders/abs
    Legs
    Rest
    Repeat

I’ve done push pull legs and full body’s etc , just hard to find people not calling it over training or stupid ,

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post

Everywhere you go it’s over training but there’s no way pros only train once a day for an hour at a time and 4-5x a week
    Recently i read a bio on Jason Huh an ex pro, legit freakish monster. He said he would spend 6 hours a day training and doing cardio ....

Im a fan of heavy hard training and then rest that muscle group 2-3 days or more depending. I have guys i know here trying to be pro that are doing morning and evening traing . I say try it and see what happens
    Family_guy likes this.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    You can if you structure it right. If you're going to go with a high frequency you just have to keep your intensity moderate and volume low. As you continue to progress you may be able to move to add in sets or intensity. Another option maybe to add in some type of recovery work instead of traditional training to improve work capacity, cardio, flexibility etc.. to improve on whatever maybe your limiting factor. Be sure you are recovering properly and take it from there.

Stay Strong,
    xxxl83

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is something that the pro's have that you probably don't have, the genetic potential and ability to recover from that level of exertion.

You assert that pro's surely can't be training for only an hour, 4-5 times per week. Look at it this way, how many people train 6x a week for 2 hours and don't become pro's? 2 of the reasons are in the top line of this reply.

Also unless you are planning on trying to become Mr olympia, why would you want to spend that amount of time in the gym?
    Family_guy likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member

I’m more interested in how you’re taking 2-3 years off of work. Win the lottery? Need a personal assistant?!

balance is offline Associate Member
    If you can train more than 1 hour a day lifting (considering 5 days a week minimum) I seriously question your intensity level of training. This applies to geared up or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    I thought when pros two a days, it's usually during a prep. And it's usually because they're in a large caloric deficit so they don't have the fuel to get the volume they need so they split it into two workouts (and change the group accordingly)

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    There is something that the pro's have that you probably don't have, the genetic potential and ability to recover from that level of exertion.

You assert that pro's surely can't be training for only an hour, 4-5 times per week. Look at it this way, how many people train 6x a week for 2 hours and don't become pro's? 2 of the reasons are in the top line of this reply.

Also unless you are planning on trying to become Mr olympia, why would you want to spend that amount of time in the gym?
    For the average guy with a family, job, home and other responsibilities it would be almost impossible.

tbjake34 is offline Senior Member
    Technically you could but try it and see how long you last.. not ever having a rest day will catch up with you very quickly especially if you train twice a day. It’s over kill your rest days are just as important as training days dude you need them. You’ll notice you will start to feel very run down, lethargic, joints will be sore, you can push yourself as far as you want but your body will eventually find a way to tell you to let off the gas. Whether that’s an injury or simply just too sore to train. Best thing to do is just train harder during your one session a day 5 days a week, it’s tried and true that training 5 days a week is the best option.
    Cuz likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Currently
    220LBS
    15%bf
    age 31
    5 10”

On TRT

I’m looking to just be shredded I’m happy with my size but also bored of only training once a day 4x a week , if I can truly benefit from training more I’m down unless it will only hinder me

Currently on a normal 4day split about 40min-1h
    Chest/tri
    Back/bi
    Shoulders/abs
    Legs
    Rest
    Repeat

I’ve done push pull legs and full body’s etc , just hard to find people not calling it over training or stupid ,
    It’s something you need to work yourself into slowly. As you can do more, do more

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashop View Post
    Most people (genetically average) would over train or get injured quickly training twice per day. These top pros that do it are extremely genetically gifted and that's all they do, train, eat, sleep, repeat. Lets not forget all the PED's and AAS that go along with it as well.
    Charger trains 2x a day every day. He wakes up at 4 am for this first workout then does his second after work I believe. He would be a great resource in terms of building a routine for 2x a day
    Quester likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I have done both - a bit of noticeable difference, but not as I once thought

I worked out 2x per day, 4+ days a week, pumping a ton of sauce & eating ass loads of food

I never got to stop working, so I was still a bit over trained at times I would say

It’ll get you to your max potential the quickest, that’s for sure & all of our’s so different
    Family_guy likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This article came out a few years ago. What I concluded was that the second time going to the gym resulted in maybe an additional 15-25% gains but came with risk of injury and too much cortisol. I didn't do it. However, f Charger trains 2xday, I would to if I could.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/ti...aximum-results
    Family_guy likes this.

Blog Entries
    15-25% sounds just about right

I usually do twice a day workouts when it’s my slow season for work - or when I’m too stressed, it’s my only off time throughout the day

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    15-25% sounds just about right

I usually do twice a day workouts when it’s my slow season for work - or when I’m too stressed, it’s my only off time throughout the day
    I did 2x a day for about 3 weeks the last time my wife went to California. I was in the middle of my cycle though. I know I couldn’t do that now

Blog Entries
    Almost forgot,

When I dropped my 40 Lbs, I went twice a day - fasted cardio in the am, then weights in the afternoon

That shit was an ass kicking
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I agree with Ashop you can over train and hurt yourself.I found that 4 days a week was great for me but everyone is different.

Blog Entries
    Workout intensity is huge factor here also

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Guys- I am a normal person and old (52). I work out 2x day. Except weekends. I do only work out 6 days a week. Mentally, I need that one day of not rushing around. I am presently off cycle so no AAS except TRT dose.
    When I go to the gym, my goal is to get in, do my workout, and get out. Weekends I do spend more time, but my workouts are about 1 hr.
    Working out 2x a day allows you to start a muscle group fresh. You have more energy readily available and you can hit the muscle harder. I couldn’t do my workouts in one sitting. I wouldn’t have the energy. The down side to this is you are making sacrifices to do this. Your time to do other things is limited.
    I really don’t think I could be where I am at just working out one time a day. My old body just doesn’t have that storage space of energy. LOL
    This routine is based off of one that I did in my 20’s when I was unemployed. I would work out three times a day. 30 minutes each workout. Total intensity for all three workouts. Get in and get out. That’s when I really started growing.
    As far as sets and reps. I do just about all of them. I try different methods to up the resistance without necessarily going heavy. I can have you crying like a baby with 20 lb dumbells. LOL
    I try to protect my joints by not going too heavy. I need to save the large weights for the amateur that is trying to impress someone. LOL
    I will have 1-2 times a year that I go heavy.. I need to try and impress people... it usually doesn’t work though. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Family_guy likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Damn...and here i am going 3-4 days a week max...we’re all different. Definitely love to try being pro but unfortunately my job wife and kids come first

Thread Information