Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah

Thread: What to do after diet break is over?

ns9797 is offline Junior Member

What to do after diet break is over?

Wanting advice on what to do after diet break is over. Do you just go back to the same amount of calories and macro split before the diet break began? And as for cardio do you go back doing the same amount if cardio was reduced during diet break. During the diet break for me I only increased calories about 500-700 from the amount I was dieting on before the break started and increased my carb intake from 15% to 40%.
    I only ate when I was hungry and I could tell my energy has went up mostly likely from the increase of carbs. So now I’m wanting advice on after diet break is over on how to start dieting again. Should I keep calories the same and add back the same amount of cardio I was doing before? or drop the calories back down and keep cardio the same or go back to the same amount before the break?

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ns9797 View Post
    Wanting advice on what to do after diet break is over. Do you just go back to the same amount of calories and macro split before the diet break began? And as for cardio do you go back doing the same amount if cardio was reduced during diet break. During the diet break for me I only increased calories about 500-700 from the amount I was dieting on before the break started and increased my carb intake from 15% to 40%.
    I only ate when I was hungry and I could tell my energy has went up mostly likely from the increase of carbs. So now I’m wanting advice on after diet break is over on how to start dieting again. Should I keep calories the same and add back the same amount of cardio I was doing before? or drop the calories back down and keep cardio the same or go back to the same amount before the break?

Hard to give advice when you don’t state your goals or why you’ve been dieting in the first place. Are you just trying to maintain. Your post is vague...at least for me

Should also probably be in the diet section as opposed to the Anabolic Q&A
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    There are a lot of things wrong about your post OP. Hearing you only ate when hungry hurts me.
    Diet breaks: usually done 2 weeks diet 2 week break. Often done by impatient people 3 and 1
    Your break, you should be eating at calorie maintenance
    Going back into your diet, depending on your goal deficit, I would go straight into a 500 cal deficit. If you want more of a deficit, still start at 500 for a week, then drop another 250
    That's how I would do it

Thread Information