• 1 Post By HoldMyBeer
  • 1 Post By HoldMyBeer
  • 4 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By Dgs59
  • 1 Post By Ashop
  • 2 Post By Quester
  • 4 Post By Ashop

Thread: Is Mixing Arimedex with Aromasin is just a terrible idea?

Dgs59 is offline Member

Question Is Mixing Arimedex with Aromasin is just a terrible idea?

I have been using adex on cycle depending on how I go my usual dose starts with 0.25mg EOD to 0.50 EOD and ends with 0.50 ED after the blood test in week 8, I convert so much in estrogen. When I go off I have to go off very slowly otherwise I convert a ton back to estrogen which adex was blocking, so my question is, is it okay to mix adex with Aromasin ? So the estrogen blocked by adex is not converted back?

I never used aromasin and have been comfortable with adex for whole my life but thinking may be there is a better way any advice?

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgs59 View Post
    I have been using adex on cycle depending on how I go my usual dose starts with 0.25mg EOD to 0.50 EOD and ends with 0.50 ED after the blood test in week 8, I convert so much in estrogen. When I go off I have to go off very slowly otherwise I convert a ton back to estrogen which adex was blocking, so my question is, is it okay to mix adex with Aromasin ? So the estrogen blocked by adex is not converted back?

I never used aromasin and have been comfortable with adex for whole my life but thinking may be there is a better way any advice?
    To my knowledge, I thought adex and aromasin worked the same way (I could be wrong):
    Terrible? No. It's just.... Why would you do that? The mechanism is the same for both. You can substitute one for the other. Adex is usually the go-to because you can take it EOD rather than Ed. Aromasin is easier on the liver though. They both stop the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. It doesn't just block estrogen so there is a build up that floods in when you stop taking it. Maybe you're referring to estrogen rebound?
    Dgs59 likes this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    To my knowledge, I thought adex and aromasin worked the same way (I could be wrong):
    Terrible? No. It's just.... Why would you do that? The mechanism is the same for both. You can substitute one for the other. Adex is usually the go-to because you can take it EOD rather than Ed. Aromasin is easier on the liver though. They both stop the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. It doesn't just block estrogen so there is a build up that floods in when you stop taking it. Maybe you're referring to estrogen rebound?
    Yes that's the word, estrogen rebound, I don't know anything about aromasin but what I read explains that the aromasin prevents rebound which means I can get off it quicker than Arimedex? I take a long time to get off Arimedex after cycle as once I am off Arimedex a ton of estrogen is introduced in my body. Right now I am at the start of test only cycle (my usual cycle) with .25 mg EOD adex.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Idk how to control estrogen rebound. I thought you just extended your AI (tapering down) use throughout the period between the end of your cycle and start of pct (for those who have issue w it). Then the exogenous test should have cleared so there's nothing to convert into estrogen.
    But like I said, I'm not positive nor what the protocol would be. We would need someone much smarter than me to weigh in
    Dgs59 likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    don't forget, your PCT drugs like Tamoxifen are anti estrogens as well . if your going from running a cycle to coming off cycle with NO pct then it makes sense to mess with Aromasin and taper your AI's to prevent estrogen rebound ,, BUT if your doing a pct , the pct drugs are going to help with the estrogen rebound.
    after your last injection, just keep running your AI for 2-3 weeks and then start 60mg of Nolva/Tamoxifen and your clomid. the Nolva is going to blunt estrogen at the receptor, plus your not going to have any exogenous or endogenous test to convert to estrogen in the first place.
    its that simple.

I think your trying to complicate this more then it needs to be

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member

Yes.
    Dgs59 likes this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    don't forget, your PCT drugs like Tamoxifen are anti estrogens as well . if your going from running a cycle to coming off cycle with NO pct then it makes sense to mess with Aromasin and taper your AI's to prevent estrogen rebound ,, BUT if your doing a pct , the pct drugs are going to help with the estrogen rebound.
    after your last injection, just keep running your AI for 2-3 weeks and then start 60mg of Nolva/Tamoxifen and your clomid. the Nolva is going to blunt estrogen at the receptor, plus your not going to have any exogenous or endogenous test to convert to estrogen in the first place.
    its that simple.

I think your trying to complicate this more then it needs to be
    Alrighty, Thanks, yes I always run a full PCT at the end of my cycle (Nolva/Clomid) it just seems like they do not much for me, this time I will keep a very close eye on my levels and see what happens.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Yes.
    Would you like to shad some light please
    Quester likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

I would pick one or the other. They both are great AI's. I personally prefer AROMASIN myself.
    Dgs59 likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Would you like to shad some light please
    Someone else can give a better answer but I stepped into it so... Being that they are used for the same purpose, it would be a good idea to use just one. That way you have less variables to consider. I'm on anastrozole (ADEX) but would prefer Aromasin because of the SHBG properties.
    Dgs59 and HoldMyBeer like this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Someone else can give a better answer but I stepped into it so... Being that they are used for the same purpose, it would be a good idea to use just one. That way you have less variables to consider. I'm on anastrozole (ADEX) but would prefer Aromasin because of the SHBG properties.
    AROMASIN is supposed to be more friendly to your lipids profile as well.

Thread Information