• 2 Post By Quester
  • 3 Post By Dgs59
  • 2 Post By Chrisp83TRT
  • 3 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: What just happened?

Dgs59 is offline Member

Question What just happened?

I know this is wrong section.to post this but just came back from a horrible workout at the gym and I am freaking out.

I almost fainted after finishing my powerset, I could move but I saw darkness in front of my eyes, so I walked and had some water but felt like vomiting, starting coughing and felt like I will just drop. So close to ask someone to call for help then I felt a coldness in my arms and legs so decided to sit on the ground and start wiping my sweat, within 2 or 3 minutes I was back to normal but so scared to finish off my remaining workout.

I am on blood pressure medication since last couple of months but never ever felt anything like this in my life before, apparently I always had a high blood pressure but it never impacted my life.

Tonight's experience was however pretty different, I am feeling so scared right now, I felt helpless and I was few seconds away to call for help but the above condition lasted for 2 or 3 minutes, this never ever happened to me before, I want to know if it was a blood pressure or did I just have a minor stroke?

I am freaking out right, I never experienced this in my life and I am 37. Wtf just happened? What was that? Any ideas?

Another scary part is, if this is going to be my limit of workout now then my life is just over, if I can't push hard in my workout then wtf I have left
    Last edited by Dgs59; 09-13-2019 at 06:14 AM.

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would seek medical attention to get checked rather than asking for online help. We are not doctors and its your health that matters. Better to be safe than sorry, get checked.
    Dgs59, Quester and Family_guy like this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The God Himself View Post
    I would seek medical attention to get checked rather than asking for online help. We are not doctors and its your health that matters. Better to be safe than sorry, get checked.
    Yes thank you man, Will they know if this was a stroke or blood pressure? Or is it difficult to know ?

Just checked this and feels like I didn't really have signs for the stroke actually https://www.beaumont.org/health-well...fast-to-faster
    Last edited by Dgs59; 09-13-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Never had a stroke or seen someone having but as far as I’ve read, yours doesn’t seem to be a stroke. A stroke is much more complicated and mostly affects a single hemisphere in the brain. So you would have imbalance between your left and right sides, and no you wouldn’t be fine within 3-4 minutes at all. It looks like something related to BP, but I would get it checked anyways to get a relief.
    Dgs59 likes this.

By the way, you should control your BP and talk with a cardiologist if necessary. There is a reason that BP is called silent killer. Otherwise, you may end up with a stroke or heart attack later in life. Don’t mean to scare you away by any means, high BP is treatable with meds and a healthy life style. Just don’t leave it unsupervised.
    I feel your concern, the thing you had in the gym can happen to the most people and it is not something to worry about for the most of the time. I recommend you to get checked because its better for you to treat your high BP.
    Last edited by The God Himself; 09-13-2019 at 07:23 AM.
    Dgs59 likes this.

SoCalmk6gti is offline New Member
    What movements were you doing during your workout?

I've had small bounce of dizziness light-headedness and even saw some stars while trying to learn about vasalva maneuver and squatting fairly heavy. The bar placement on the back had a lot to do with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Dgs59 and Chrisp83TRT like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgs59 View Post
    I know this is wrong section.to post this but just came back from a horrible workout at the gym and I am freaking out.

I almost fainted after finishing my powerset, I could move but I saw darkness in front of my eyes, so I walked and had some water but felt like vomiting, starting coughing and felt like I will just drop. So close to ask someone to call for help then I felt a coldness in my arms and legs so decided to sit on the ground and start wiping my sweat, within 2 or 3 minutes I was back to normal but so scared to finish off my remaining workout.

I am on blood pressure medication since last couple of months but never ever felt anything like this in my life before, apparently I always had a high blood pressure but it never impacted my life.

Tonight's experience was however pretty different, I am feeling so scared right now, I felt helpless and I was few seconds away to call for help but the above condition lasted for 2 or 3 minutes, this never ever happened to me before, I want to know if it was a blood pressure or did I just have a minor stroke?

I am freaking out right, I never experienced this in my life and I am 37. Wtf just happened? What was that? Any ideas?

Another scary part is, if this is going to be my limit of workout now then my life is just over, if I can't push hard in my workout then wtf I have left
    Really should seek a medical opinion, but if you just finished a heavy set and then symptoms almost immediately hit, there's a good chance it was the sudden drop in BP from the reduced workload.

I've had a similar experience in my shop during squats. Just finished a 20 rep set at my working weight, bas bent forward at the waist with hands on my knees and watching sweat hit the floor. After about a minute or so, I decided I could go for another 10 reps, so I stood up and flaked out. Took a header into the plates on the bar, and ended up with a straight line skull fracture.
    Dgs59 and Chrisp83TRT like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The God Himself View Post
    By the way, you should control your BP and talk with a cardiologist if necessary. There is a reason that BP is called silent killer. Otherwise, you may end up with a stroke or heart attack later in life. Don’t mean to scare you away by any means, high BP is treatable with meds and a healthy life style. Just don’t leave it unsupervised.
    I feel your concern, the thing you had in the gym can happen to the most people and it is not something to worry about for the most of the time. I recommend you to get checked because its better for you to treat your high BP.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalmk6gti View Post
    What movements were you doing during your workout?

I've had small bounce of dizziness light-headedness and even saw some stars while trying to learn about vasalva maneuver and squatting fairly heavy. The bar placement on the back had a lot to do with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Really appreciate your response, the doctor put me on high BP meds couple of months ago (to be honest I never felt the symptoms of high BP ever but apparently I was getting out of normal range so doctor forcefully put me on meds (I still don't notice anything) but yes I am taking them,

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Really should seek a medical opinion, but if you just finished a heavy set and then symptoms almost immediately hit, there's a good chance it was the sudden drop in BP from the reduced workload.

I've had a similar experience in my shop during squats. Just finished a 20 rep set at my working weight, bas bent forward at the waist with hands on my knees and watching sweat hit the floor. After about a minute or so, I decided I could go for another 10 reps, so I stood up and flaked out. Took a header into the plates on the bar, and ended up with a straight line skull fracture.
    Thank you so much for sharing, yeah it feels like sudden drop I just never felt like this ever before so freaked me out so much, sorry to hear about your fracture

Going to see my regular doctor Monday, and yes I was back to normal in about 3 minutes of sitting down on floor, before I could walk around okay not like I was paralyzed or something. both my hands was up as I was wiping down sweat.

Sorry guys for a freak out, admin please delete this post if required

I'm not *Admin*, but I can tell you the thread is fine. That's why this forum exists; to share information and learn from each other.

Good luck at the Dr.
    *Admin* and Dgs59 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    too much blood being sent to the working muscle groups and not enough available to be sent to the brain.. F's you up for a good 5-10 mins especially if your blood sugar is really low on top of it. dizzy, cold, clammy, numb, and about to pass out . happens to the best of us

not a bad idea to add some intra workout nutrition if your the type of guy that likes to push things pretty hard . the good news, you know how to push yourself hard enough to drive that much blood into the muscle your working, most guys are too mentally weak to ever get there.
    Cylon357, SoCalmk6gti, Obs and 1 others like this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions

I won’t discourage you from getting checked out, but I think you’re just fine. What movement were you doing? This is pretty standard with large compound movements like squats and deadlifts. The black spots in your vision, swimming in the back of your head, cold sweat, gasping for air. If you ever feel yourself going out the best thing you can do is sit down before you fall down. Don’t drink water too fast either. I’ve thrown up during a lot of leg workouts from doing that. Unfortunately this probably means you’re just doing what you’re supposed to do, but if you’ve never experienced is before it can make you panic, and that will make it 100 times worse. Now that you know it’s not a big deal it won’t bother you the next time it happens.
    GearHeaded, Cylon357, Obs and 1 others like this.

Really appreciate your response, the doctor put me on high BP meds couple of months ago (to be honest I never felt the symptoms of high BP ever but apparently I was getting out of normal range so doctor forcefully put me on meds (I still don't notice anything) but yes I am taking them,

Thank you so much for sharing, yeah it feels like sudden drop I just never felt like this ever before so freaked me out so much, sorry to hear about your fracture

Going to see my regular doctor Monday, and yes I was back to normal in about 3 minutes of sitting down on floor, before I could walk around okay not like I was paralyzed or something. both my hands was up as I was wiping down sweat.

Sorry guys for a freak out, admin please delete this post if required
    Thanks, but it's just part of the game. Have seen it happen quite a few times at PL meets that I've gone to watch.

The sudden drop in BP is almost like people that deal with orthostatic hypotension.
    Your BP drops and often the person does too.
    Obs and Dgs59 like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I had similar for a few weeks once but was on an insane dosage of test tren and adrol.

I would get hot during my first set. Halfway through the second exercise I was drenched in sweat and hyperventilating.

I would start coughing and it was as if someone turned a water hose on in the back of my throat. Watery shit was puring towards my airways.

The more I coughed the hotter I got and then I would start blacking out.

I would get in the shower and turn it to straight cold and lay in the floor.
    It sucked bad.

Fi ally dropped adrol and lowered tren.
    In a few days I was back to norm.
    Something about that combo at those doses I could not handle.
    Dgs59 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I had similar for a few weeks once but was on an insane dosage of test tren and adrol.

I would get hot during my first set. Halfway through the second exercise I was drenched in sweat and hyperventilating.

I would start coughing and it was as if someone turned a water hose on in the back of my throat. Watery shit was puring towards my airways.

It sucked bad.

I love tren, but it really drops my blood glucose. If I'm incorporating it into a little blast, I keep my glucometer in my lunchbox and a shaker cup with 10g of dextrose, a moderate scoop of whey, and a small amount oats. I can generally feel it when it gets down towards the 50-60 ish mg/dL range. I sweat more than usual and get extra irritated with things/ people, etc. Typically on just TRT, my fasting glucose is in the 80-90 mg/dL range.

'Drol just makes me feel craptacular by itself. In an injectable mixture of TNE/TrNE, and 'drol it doesn't make me feel so....shitty.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-13-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    Dgs59 and Obs like this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    eeer
    Obs and Dgs59 like this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member

What you are describing is a hypertensive crisis. If it were hypoglycemia, you would not have recovered without sugar. The key symptom most associated is the high anxiety you felt. If you get checked out and follow the medical advice, barring something unique, you can proceed with your workouts with confidence.
    Obs and Dgs59 like this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    I'm not *Admin*, but I can tell you the thread is fine. That's why this forum exists; to share information and learn from each other.

Good luck at the Dr.
    Cheers for that, I got it checked today and was shocked to find out it was so normal, I had 132/83 where 2 months ago I was hitting 182/123 when doctor put me on meds. I am glad I started taking BP meds, actually it was because of you guys encouraging me to take BP meds, I was scared and when I shared everyone advised to take meds and actually showed what they were for, thanks heaps guys

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    too much blood being sent to the working muscle groups and not enough available to be sent to the brain.. F's you up for a good 5-10 mins especially if your blood sugar is really low on top of it. dizzy, cold, clammy, numb, and about to pass out . happens to the best of us

not a bad idea to add some intra workout nutrition if your the type of guy that likes to push things pretty hard . the good news, you know how to push yourself hard enough to drive that much blood into the muscle your working, most guys are too mentally weak to ever get there.
    Hey you made me happy thanks, yes I was actually empty stomach for 6 hours before this workout (work meetings and didn't get my pre workout meal which I usually do couple of hours ago with carbs)

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    OP, while you definitely should talk with your doctor, you may have just 'bonked'. It happens sometimes to most of us that don't follow the solid advice provided by GH above. Or sometimes if we just try to do too much too fast too soon.

Sorry I don't have a more technical term than 'bonked'. GH's assessment sounds accurate in the cases where I encountered it.

Get checked out, just to be safe tho!

Good luck!
    Cheers thank you

Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    I won’t discourage you from getting checked out, but I think you’re just fine. What movement were you doing? This is pretty standard with large compound movements like squats and deadlifts. The black spots in your vision, swimming in the back of your head, cold sweat, gasping for air. If you ever feel yourself going out the best thing you can do is sit down before you fall down. Don’t drink water too fast either. I’ve thrown up during a lot of leg workouts from doing that. Unfortunately this probably means you’re just doing what you’re supposed to do, but if you’ve never experienced is before it can make you panic, and that will make it 100 times worse. Now that you know it’s not a big deal it won’t bother you the next time it happens.
    You are right, for some reason I panic and then thought why the heck am I still standing, I need to sit down, so I sat down, water was also a bad idea, I was going to vomit so I stopped drinking, sitting on floor for 3 minutes I was back to normal (I know it was 3 minutes because I had a time on after my set). I was doing deadlifts (drop 10kg each)

Thanks, but it's just part of the game. Have seen it happen quite a few times at PL meets that I've gone to watch.

The sudden drop in BP is almost like people that deal with orthostatic hypotension.
    Your BP drops and often the person does too.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post

It sucked bad.

I had the coughing also, not a nice feeling, thanks for sharing

I love tren, but it really drops my blood glucose. If I'm incorporating it into a little blast, I keep my glucometer in my lunchbox and a shaker cup with 10g of dextrose, a moderate scoop of whey, and a small amount oats. I can generally feel it when it gets down towards the 50-60 ish mg/dL range. I sweat more than usual and get extra irritated with things/ people, etc. Typically on just TRT, my fasting glucose is in the 80-90 mg/dL range.

'Drol just makes me feel craptacular by itself. In an injectable mixture of TNE/TrNE, and 'drol it doesn't make me feel so....shitty.
    That's a good point,

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    What you are describing is a hypertensive crisis. If it were hypoglycemia, you would not have recovered without sugar. The key symptom most associated is the high anxiety you felt. If you get checked out and follow the medical advice, barring something unique, you can proceed with your workouts with confidence.
    Cheers thank you

Thank you amazing community, love you all

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    for muscle growth you want to train with elevated blood sugar .. for fat loss doing cardio with low blood sugar is beneficial.

I don't recommend intense weight training sessions if you haven't ate for 6 hours .. heck you may get more benefits out of just skipping your workout instead and just eating 12oz of steak and potatos

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with the heavy load and the work out you may be doing.

When I'm doing squats at a heavy weight with some crazy intensity, I feel like I'm done for and get a bit dizzy.

As I agree with others that you should seek medical attention always to make sure you are okay.

Doctors sucks these days but numbers don't lie and they have machines and technology to help you see where your body is at.

Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk
    Dgs59 and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post

Doctors sucks these days but numbers don't lie and they have machines and technology to help you see where your body is at.

You got that right. I need to find a doctor on the level. I’m tired of having to tell doctors what to do. What tests to run, what medications to prescribe, and I don’t even mean AAS related. I mean simple shit like antibiotics. It gets old.
    GearHeaded, Dgs59 and Chrisp83TRT like this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    for muscle growth you want to train with elevated blood sugar .. for fat loss doing cardio with low blood sugar is beneficial.

I don't recommend intense weight training sessions if you haven't ate for 6 hours .. heck you may get more benefits out of just skipping your workout instead and just eating 12oz of steak and potatos
    Completely agree

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    I agree with the heavy load and the work out you may be doing.

When I'm doing squats at a heavy weight with some crazy intensity, I feel like I'm done for and get a bit dizzy.

As I agree with others that you should seek medical attention always to make sure you are okay.

was getting really easy for me so kept challenging myself, really loved it till my last rep but then booooom

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with what everybody said and I’ll add this: don’t go so heavy. You won’t see much of a difference between moderate weight with focus on the muscle vs heavy ass weight that kills you. Lifting that heavy is for the birds.
    Dgs59 likes this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I agree with what everybody said and I’ll add this: don’t go so heavy. You won’t see much of a difference between moderate weight with focus on the muscle vs heavy ass weight that kills you. Lifting that heavy is for the birds.
    Agree, I don't go heavy, want to stress muscle while keeping good form. When on test my lifting increases significantly

Thread Information