• 2 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 1 Post By balance
  • 1 Post By anabolictheviking
  • 3 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By i_SLAM_cougars

Thread: T3 or T4?

Proximal is offline Banned

T3 or T4?

Could you all enlighten me on which to use, and when & why one is used instead of the other?

GH, I really do need to write things down that you’ve told me in the past as I don’t retain facts well. You also mentioned to me the usage of T4 with prolonged or continuous HGH usage.

Thank you!
    balance likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    ok so I only use T3 for cutting phases or if the goal is to lean out some. T3 works great for this in that it fixes the metabolism at a certain rate (based on dosage) and that takes care of an important variable , now we can manipulate diet and training and not have to worry about metabolic swings.

I also often times suggest T3 when cutting and using Clen .. what happens with Clen (at fat loss dosages) is that it slowly raises your bodies core temp. well your body doesn't know this is happening from the Clen, and its self regulating mechanism of action is to begin suppressing T3 conversion.

for the majority of other instances , recomps, bulks, etc.. I recommend running T4 and NOT T3. this is for synergistic reasons with an emphasis on muscle gains.. when the liver converts T4 into T3 (especially when IGF, HGH, Androgen, Estrogen, are all elevated too) there is an enzymatic response (ie, enzyme metabolite) that is produced that is anabolic in muscle tissue (I can't recall the name off the top my head).

so by running T4 your giving your body the raw material it needs for the metabolism and T3 production, but getting some anabolic responses at that same time (where as you won't get the with just T3 alone).

also HGH use and Tren use are somewhat thyroid suppressive .. the thyroid only produces T4 (the liver produces T3). so when running those compounds its good to add T4 into the mix

sometimes I'll suggest a combo of T3 and T4 . this totally depends on the drug stack and goals . it usually happens during a recomp phase.

one more note.. T4 for bulking. this is just bro science. but if you been bulking hard for awhile things can start to really slow down. T4 can help tell your body it has what it needs for metabolic support and to just keep assimilating nutrients .
    gjoney_b, Proximal and clarky. like this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Could you all enlighten me on which to use, and when & why one is used instead of the other?

GH, I really do need to write things down that you’ve told me in the past as I don’t retain facts well. You also mentioned to me the usage of T4 with prolonged or continuous HGH usage.

Thank you!
    T3 is active thyroid. That’s what you want to use for cutting. It’s fairly catabolic however, and I’d never run it without an anabolic base of some kind.

T4 is what you should be taking for bulking, recomp, or cruising. It’s anabolic, and has some pretty good synergy with androgens.
    gjoney_b and Proximal like this.

gjoney_b is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    ok so I only use T3 for cutting phases or if the goal is to lean out some. T3 works great for this in that it fixes the metabolism at a certain rate (based on dosage) and that takes care of an important variable , now we can manipulate diet and training and not have to worry about metabolic swings.

I also often times suggest T3 when cutting and using Clen .. what happens with Clen (at fat loss dosages) is that it slowly raises your bodies core temp. well your body doesn't know this is happening from the Clen, and its self regulating mechanism of action is to begin suppressing T3 conversion.

for the majority of other instances , recomps, bulks, etc.. I recommend running T4 and NOT T3. this is for synergistic reasons with an emphasis on muscle gains.. when the liver converts T4 into T3 (especially when IGF, HGH, Androgen, Estrogen, are all elevated too) there is an enzymatic response (ie, enzyme metabolite) that is produced that is anabolic in muscle tissue (I can't recall the name off the top my head).

so by running T4 your giving your body the raw material it needs for the metabolism and T3 production, but getting some anabolic responses at that same time (where as you won't get the with just T3 alone).

also HGH use and Tren use are somewhat thyroid suppressive .. the thyroid only produces T4 (the liver produces T3). so when running those compounds its good to add T4 into the mix

sometimes I'll suggest a combo of T3 and T4 . this totally depends on the drug stack and goals . it usually happens during a recomp phase.

one more note.. T4 for bulking. this is just bro science. but if you been bulking hard for awhile things can start to really slow down. T4 can help tell your body it has what it needs for metabolic support and to just keep assimilating nutrients .
    what dose T4 and do you cycle it?

75-150mcg , depending on the situation. yes I cycle it , unless your on year round HGH with a dose of 4iu or above

djnuffsaid is offline Junior Member
    What about dosage of T3 if you are on second half of cut cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by djnuffsaid View Post
    What about dosage of T3 if you are on second half of cut cycle?
    going to depend on several factors.. a basic "replacement dosage" of 25mcg works well in a variety of situations when your just trying to keep your metabolism as a fixed variable while you manipulate cardio and diet. or just to add some synergy with Clen .

going up to 50mcg to really get the fat loss going at an accelerated rate is the next step. just be sure your not running AI's and super low levels of estrogen when you bump it up to that dosage, or going flat and losing muscle is more possible.
    women generally do just fine at this dosage because they naturally have higher levels of estrogen to begin with

estrogen plays a role in glucose metabolism, glycogen retention, and thus muscle retention

balance is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    GH, I really do need to write things down that you’ve told me in the past as I don’t retain facts well.
    I lol at this. When working with GH I would always try and come with a few questions outside of what I specifically working on/with at the time to gain a better understanding of how things work. Then later I would sit down and look at the notes I would feverishly take during discussions. The notes while helpful half of them are like deciphering another language. Thank goodness for the analogies though as those seam to stick with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proximal likes this.

anabolictheviking is offline New Member
    Cycle ideas

T3 should be ran at a minimum of 40-50 mcg per day because the body produces 25mcg on its own, and you want to go past that mark. Some say that splitting dosages throughout the day is necessary, but I do not agree with that; as a result, I suggest once a day dosage. Interestingly, the more advanced lifters will run T3 at 75, or even 100mcg daily. What's more, I have heard guys run it for up to 6 months at a time, which I do not feel is a good idea, so I would recommend running it for 8 weeks at a time maximum until you get very experienced.

Obviously, if you are using T3, your goal is 'cutting,' so adding Cardarine (GW-501516) makes a lot of sense; plus, it is non hormonal, so it won't add to your suppression issues. Furthermore, such 'cutting' anabolic steroids as winstrol, masteron, proviron, primobolan, and anavar are great options to stack in with T3, as they do not cause water retention or increase appetite. Some guys will also use a small dose of testosterone, or trenbolone combined with T3. Using any of these anabolic steroids will prevent loss of muscle and strength from T3, so they are a must to use.
    Last edited by anabolictheviking; 09-23-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    Proximal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolictheviking View Post
    T3 should be ran at a minimum of 40-50 mcg per day because the body produces 25mcg on its own, and you want to go past that mark.
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with this statement..

yes, 25mcg is basically a 'replacement dose'. but thats often times what your looking for, nothing more. when your taking clen , dieting hard, and doing cardio, and your metabolism shuts down and natty production of T3 drops really low ,, you need that replacement dose to keep things going at a fixed pace and fixed variable. you don't have to go past a replacement dose at all (unless your in an accelerated fat loss protocol)

think about the same thing as with Testosterone .. unless your doing a Test only cycle , you don't 'have to' go beyond a replacement dosage of test . your just replacing your natty production (150mg of test per week for eg.) while you running other AAS for your cycle.

there may be good reason you don't want to go past a replacement dosage of test while on cycle , and its the same thing for T3 in various cases

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolictheviking View Post
    Cycle ideas

T3 should be ran at a minimum of 40-50 mcg per day because the body produces 25mcg on its own, and you want to go past that mark. Some say that splitting dosages throughout the day is necessary, but I do not agree with that; as a result, I suggest once a day dosage. Interestingly, the more advanced lifters will run T3 at 75, or even 100mcg daily. What's more, I have heard guys run it for up to 6 months at a time, which I do not feel is a good idea, so I would recommend running it for 8 weeks at a time maximum until you get very experienced.

Obviously, if you are using T3, your goal is 'cutting,' so adding Cardarine (GW-501516) makes a lot of sense; plus, it is non hormonal, so it won't add to your suppression issues. Furthermore, such 'cutting' anabolic steroids as winstrol, masteron, proviron, primobolan, and anavar are great options to stack in with T3, as they do not cause water retention or increase appetite. Some guys will also use a small dose of testosterone, or trenbolone combined with T3. Using any of these anabolic steroids will prevent loss of muscle and strength from T3, so they are a must to use.
    I do not recommend going above 50. I was being crazy taking clen , T3, and ephedrine and had atrial fibrillation ( irregular heart beat).
    One of the causes is an overactive thyroid.
    I will probably never go above 50 again. During my last show prep, I didn’t need to anyway.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I do not recommend going above 50. I was being crazy taking clen , T3, and ephedrine and had atrial fibrillation ( irregular heart beat).
    One of the causes is an overactive thyroid.
    I will probably never go above 50 again. During my last show prep, I didn’t need to anyway.

While I don’t disagree with what you’re saying about not going over the T3 dose of 50mcg (at 75mcg my stomach turns into a bottomless pit anyway), I’d imagine your cardiac issues were more from the clen and ephedrine.

There’s been plenty a long day where 4 bronk aids and a rockstar later my heart starts beating to the music. Be careful old timer.
    anabolictheviking likes this.

Thread Information