Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Go down in weight after a few sets?

morton30 is offline Associate Member

Go down in weight after a few sets?

Hi everyone im sure this has been asked before i have searched but cant seem to find the answer i have just started a dbol cycle im about 4 days in. before cycle i was benching 90 kilos for about 10 reps today im benching 115 kilos for 7 reps but after 2 sets my whole body is shaking and the chest pump is just too much i cant ever lift the bar off the rack so do i stop there after two sets and work on something else or should i bring the weight down.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I would do 4 sets of bench with that 90 kilo for 10 reps that you had been doing.. it should be easy effort for you.
    THEN . after those 4 sets are done do your 2 heavy intense working sets with the 115 kilos for 7 .

that way your still getting your volume in and your intensity in
    djnuffsaid and HoldMyBeer like this.

djnuffsaid is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I would do 4 sets of bench with that 90 kilo for 10 reps that you had been doing.. it should be easy effort for you.
    THEN . after those 4 sets are done do your 2 heavy intense working sets with the 115 kilos for 7 .

Agree here. You need to be hitting that volume.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post

This ^^
    Volume is key. Start w 90 work up. Start w 115 then drop. Start low, increase, then drop. etc. Doesn't really matter for hypertrophy, just get the volume in.
    I would personally take the easy route, and do 95 until I could hit all my sets/reps (with good form), then increase another 5.
    Last edited by HoldMyBeer; 10-03-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morton30 View Post
    Hi everyone im sure this has been asked before i have searched but cant seem to find the answer i have just started a dbol cycle im about 4 days in. before cycle i was benching 90 kilos for about 10 reps today im benching 115 kilos for 7 reps but after 2 sets my whole body is shaking and the chest pump is just too much i cant ever lift the bar off the rack so do i stop there after two sets and work on something else or should i bring the weight down.
    You could take a longer rest period between sets and do drops sets lowering the weight your using each set.

Thread Information