Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: How long till you look like you take steroids?

ChasinGains is offline Junior Member

How long till you look like you take steroids?

Hey guys started my first cycle just coming up to 12weeks ago on Monday, I have gained 38lbs and look better than ever, but I would still not look at myself and say “he defo take steroids ” it’s funny how before hand I thought by the end people would be like wow he defo is on something, now I realise you may gain a fair amount of muscle on your first cycle, but do not get monsterous, am I right in saying or have I just been doing this wrong lol, like to add in I got prescribed trt but took well over my dose for 12weeks and will be going down to trt in a few weeks, thanks!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Waw, what a Q. Well it will All depend on how much you put in to your bodybuilding journey.
    Then you will get stupid ppl that have no idea about anything bodybuilding say ohh he cheats he takes steroids .

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Waw, what a Q. Well it will All depend on how much you put in to your bodybuilding journey.
    Then you will get stupid ppl that have no idea about anything bodybuilding say ohh he cheats he takes steroids.
    I always knew that steroids were defiantly not
    “The easy way” but I had always thought you would do a cycle and you would be able to tell, granted I have gained a substantial amount of weight and strength and defiantly am bigger- arms have grew 1.5inches, I am now though only just realising how small of a part steroids do really play, which I am kind of glad because if you done one cycle and was massive, the journey was not all that great and went very fast

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    only guys who are genetically pre disposed to look like "juice head" "meat heads" are ever going to have that look.. for the rest of us that don't have those type of genetics, we will never look like we are "juiced up" pro bodybuilders no matter how long or how much AAS we take.
    its all about personal progress. take AAS to improve what you want to improve about yourself, but realize you may never look like a pro bodybuilder all juiced up on steroids .

I've been messing with AAS for years . I know my shit and know what I'm doing and have done a hundred different cycles.. I should be jacked and huge by now and look like a juice head . but I don't have the genetics for that.
    I just look like a 42 year old half natty mens physique guy at the most . and again thats with lots of gear usage

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_168.jpeg 
Views:	206 
Size:	311.6 KB 
ID:	177199

Name:	fullsizeoutput_38d.jpeg 
Views:	475 
Size:	355.9 KB 
ID:	177200

Name:	fullsizeoutput_405.jpeg 
Views:	270 
Size:	328.6 KB 
ID:	177201

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    only guys who are genetically pre disposed to look like "juice head" "meat heads" are ever going to have that look.. for the rest of us that don't have those type of genetics, we will never look like we are "juiced up" pro bodybuilders no matter how long or how much AAS we take.
    its all about personal progress. take AAS to improve what you want to improve about yourself, but realize you may never look like a pro bodybuilder all juiced up on steroids .

I've been messing with AAS for years . I know my shit and know what I'm doing and have done a hundred different cycles.. I should be jacked and huge by now and look like a juice head . but I don't have the genetics for that.
    I just look like a 42 year old half natty mens physique guy at the most . and again thats with lots of gear usage

You defo look juiced up bro

Krb367 is offline Associate Member

The dudes in men’s physique (pro) here lately don’t look like they belong in men’s physique. Give yourself more credit bro lol

Krb367 is offline Associate Member
    Like GH, it’s gonna come down to genetics. When I was on, I def appeared harder and my vascularity was insane. Then diet with training and how serious you take it will play a roll.

There’s a dude in my gym, cool af, sauced to the gills. “Supposedly” almost a gram of test, also running tren , mast, clen and maybe var? I could be making some of that up. But anyways, you’d never know. Maybe 15-20% body fat dad bod throwing weight around and works abs every fucking day.

Everyone’s “on” appearance will be different

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was already big before steroids but I guess a lean 240lbs should be enough of a giveaway.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Bout...
    30 minutes, I reckon

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Like Gearheaded said it’s based entirely on genetics..you either got it or you don’t..almost anyone can be muscular but to take it to that next level it’s all genes..blame it on your parents if you can’t get there but not until you perfect your diet and training..
    ChasinGains likes this.

I'm going to throw this out there -- even though it kinda sucks and goes against the grain

as a gym owner and trainer , I see a lot of the same people over and over again year after year and they always look the same.. in fact I'm convinced a lot of these guys that have 'dad bods' actually show up and train more often more consistently and diet better then I do. why do they look like shit still after years of training and consistency? bad genetics ? maybe..
    where as I can slack for a month, go on a damn drinking binge, then pump up for a couple weeks and put on 20 pounds of lean gains.. the whole time I'm slacking these dad bods guys are still grinding away. why is this .. genetics ? is it all drugs ?

no its about efficiency. they don't have anything optimized at all . they are just going through the motions and their consistency gains have plateaued.
    the have the effort but zero optimization. consistency but zero knowledge.

I on the other hand can slack my ass off big time and then be better.. why , cause of genetics ? not at all . what it is is that a lot of people are just spinning their wheels and not going anywhere . they have no clue even though they have some effort.

I don't want to brag and thats not what I'm doing.. but when I train and lift, I do it with a purpose and efficiency and I know exactly what the hell I'm doing to make every exercise effective and efficient. .. when I prep meals and on point with my diet, I know exactly what I'm doing and what times of day I need to take in fats , or fast acting carbs, or slow acting carbs etc.. I know exactly when to shoot insulin and with what meal and how many IU's .. I know exactly what drugs are going to do what for me (to the most part, still always experimenting and learning).

when I'm on point with shit , its really on point . its efficient. a lot of people always look the same at the gym for years on end , even though they work hard and put in tons of consistently and effort , cause they are just spinning their wheels doing the same old bullshit and have not optimized a single thing.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    It just depends

I got a guy whos been on for 6+ months(heavy cycle, tren n' all) - Has gained nothing, no fucking joke, no BS -

After being for 4 months, I went from a flabby 175 to a strong fat 245 - just on test
    ChasinGains likes this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    You are not going to look like a pro with one simple generic test cycle, it takes hardwork, years of commitment, lots of ups and downs, a disciplined life.

Kyle1337 is offline Member
    Took me about 4 years to finally have some round full muscle development. But, walking into the gym you'd never knew I lifted. 30 mins in with a sick pump and people question sure... But 25 mins after I leave ain't nobsy know I lift again LOL. look like I'm on drugs for 45 mins and it's gone rinse and repeat daily.

gjoney_b is offline New Member
    To look like you take gear eat 7-8 meals a day even when you dont feel like it push the food despite if you’re not hungry, when you’re on steroids you have a greater ability to soak glycogen and water into the muscle so High Calories from - clean food intake with salt and drinking alot of water.
    You will be in constant cal surplus and train heavier progressively because of that and your metabolism and overall caloric expenditure will adapt after time raising the bar repeatedly.. this is an advice from Fouad Abiad who states that he managed to add every year 5-10 lbs of muscle after 10 years its 50-100 lbs ofc also higher dosing progressively
    I know everyone has different genetics but everyone can give their best and most people just dont eat enough, they only eat what they’re comfortable at thats why they look the same year after year, they wanna look in shape the whole f year
    Last edited by gjoney_b; 09-22-2019 at 08:24 AM.
    Thors_Hammer and ChasinGains like this.

99JT is offline Member
    I'm 6' 200 lbs on a good day been doing it for almost 2 years mainly just test, (some questionable gear along the way). My diet was never consistant (still not the best) and didn't have a good routine in the beginning. Never in a million years would I say or think I looked like I was on something but I have been asked a few times and a coach I started working with called me out on it said i had that look.

Quote Originally Posted by 99JT View Post
    I'm 6' 200 lbs on a good day been doing it for almost 2 years mainly just test, (some questionable gear along the way). My diet was never consistant (still not the best) and didn't have a good routine in the beginning. Never in a million years would I say or think I looked like I was on something but I have been asked a few times and a coach I started working with called me out on it said i had that look.
    My diet the last 4-5weeks hasn’t been very good, cals have been high but food choices poor, but still a decently lean 210 at 5ft 10

balance is offline Associate Member

How long till you look like you take steroids?

Everyone is different. It can be quite a journey for some and as simple as a few cycles for others, a lot of it can also depend upon your starting point.

With gear, caloric surplus, and progressive overload the “look” will come. Here’s the thing imo most guys don’t even realize when they attain the “look” as it not only takes time with incremental changes but their is sort of a physique dysmorphia thing that can often obscure progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by balance; 09-23-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    If the question is how long does it take for a trained eye(ie a fellow juicer) to see that your on steroids then the answer is not very long depending on the compounds of course. Taking DBol and Test will blow you up and it will be much more apparent than a guy taking a little anavar .

If the question is how long does it take for a normal person to recognize that your on steroids then I would say much longer if ever. A lot of guys never get anywhere near big enough that people would think they juice.

My boss kept making jokes about me being on steroids during my first cycle. My face filled out a lot and I gained a lot of weight pretty quickly. Now he’s a juicer too so he’s a treained eye. It only took him a few weeks to start making those jokes.
    The God Himself likes this.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    This feels like a question from someone who should def NOT take any AAS...

BUT! My 2 cents
    - For people who has some knowledge and has been training for some time, very fast if you do it right and respond well!
    - For your family/ friends/ co-workers, same as above.
    - For the regular people now and in the future, the Acne scars has been the only indicator apparently which you can talk away. However, that has been
    what I've gotten years after and my "clean" gains now (no aas) is still do to steroids because they can see the scars when I have a singlet - which I always have
    as the fag I am.

Blog Entries
    Shortest answer

My 1st juiced comment came in at about 6 months

CALLMEOCT is offline Associate Member
    Like 5 weeks after injecting Test E during my last couple cycles, my family would reccon i was ''bigger''

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    It’s usually pretty obvious once all your muscles load up on glycogen.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Very interesting question. There are people that see people as being big and say they are on AAS when in reality they are natural. I would rather ask what feature lets you know that they are on AAS? I do not think that size really enters into the equation. To me, looking at someone’s traps gives it away.
    I agree with GH, he has a great body, but it does not give it away that he uses AAS..... until I see his traps from the rear. Look at how they are defined and you can see the full outline.
    Now look at Obs . You see a bigger separation. Obs , I would say immediately that he was using.
    I try to look natural (just bigger), but my traps are getting too big in the rear for someone who uses the traps as a measurement to believe it.

Actually, while I was prepping for my last comp. I was gaining weight. I put on a lot of size in a month and very little was related to the AAS I was taking. It was mainly workout and diet that put the size on me . People commented on how I blew up just before a comp. I was on a cut cycle. I did lose a lot of fat but I was also doing cardio 2 x day.

I still claim I’m all natural. LOL

Family_guy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Very interesting question. There are people that see people as being big and say they are on AAS when in reality they are natural. I would rather ask what feature lets you know that they are on AAS? I do not think that size really enters into the equation. To me, looking at someone’s traps gives it away.
    I agree with GH, he has a great body, but it does not give it away that he uses AAS..... until I see his traps from the rear. Look at how they are defined and you can see the full outline.
    Now look at Obs . You see a bigger separation. Obs , I would say immediately that he was using.
    I try to look natural (just bigger), but my traps are getting too big in the rear for someone who uses the traps as a measurement to believe it.

Actually, while I was prepping for my last comp. I was gaining weight. I put on a lot of size in a month and very little was related to the AAS I was taking. It was mainly workout and diet that put the size on me . People commented on how I blew up just before a comp. I was on a cut cycle. I did lose a lot of fat but I was also doing cardio 2 x day.

I’ll add to that. 3D shoulders are a dead give away as as are lats that are visible from the front. I’d say this is largely due to the amount of androgen receptors in the shoulders and back (and traps) which is why these things become so abundantly obvious.

I would also never assume GH is natural due to the 3D look he has that can only be achieved from AAS. He might not be the biggest, but he definitely has the glycogen loaded look. OBS... well the amber colored lactation gives away that he’s on some heavy shit, as well as perpetually sweating through his clothes.

The fermaldayde smell also gives it away some people.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    If all three heads of your delts are clearly visible with some decent size then my friend you will be deemed the mighty juice head...

On a more serious note my input is about the same as others i do believe genetics play a major role. Training style also plays a major role, for example how heavy and intense are you in the gym. My logic is simple, train harder and more intense than everyone else in the gym=far better physique. And they can say what they want, we are all in there to get fucking leaner AND bigger....
    My first “hey man what are you taking” compliments actually came from a time when i wasnt actually taking anything. Pretty satisfying

Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    I’ll add to that. 3D shoulders are a dead give away .
    this is especially true for females
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Dana Lynn Bailey always stood out to me for this. Lady had some bad ass shoulder development

Obs
    You gonna let him talk about you like that cougars?

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    You gonna let him talk about you like that cougars?
    I think he was referring to you!

Obs likes this.

Girls on steroids are hot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long till you look like you take steroids?-00cdddda-d3dc-42b9-bf31-5c3ca0ac6d3d.jpeg  
    < <Samson> > and Obs like this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post

I am. Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it.
    charger69 and i_SLAM_cougars like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1337 View Post
    Took me about 4 years to finally have some round full muscle development. But, walking into the gym you'd never knew I lifted. 30 mins in with a sick pump and people question sure... But 25 mins after I leave ain't nobsy know I lift again LOL. look like I'm on drugs for 45 mins and it's gone rinse and repeat daily.
    Yeah man... when I walk in the gym I hate the fucking mirrors. Halfway through, I love the fucking mirrors.
    Kyle1337 likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Name:	20968460_713860508797227_6316885096905310208_n-800x1000.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	177229

Name:	986520.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	177230
    Last edited by Test Monsterone; 09-26-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Some

And, boy - us “juicers” sure like some strange shit
    Cylon357 likes this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am not into chicks that juice I find it pretty gross actually.
    Wannabhuge14 and Family_guy like this.

Wannabhuge14 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I am not into chicks that juice I find it pretty gross actually.
    Ditto, nothing attractive about a hard, manly woman.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabhuge14 View Post
    Ditto, nothing attractive about a hard, manly woman.

To each is own

Mad juiced ladies are a tad much - but, hey even then, it depends on how weird I feel that day

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    To each is own

Mad juiced ladies are a tad much - but, hey even then, it depends on how weird I feel that day
    Id hit it any day

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    This is a great thread. At the end of the day, you should be competing with yourself. You need to be constantly asking yourself “am i bigger now than i was 5 months ago? Am i stronger in this lift now?” Even if its only a tiny bit! If you start to realize the answer is no, thats when you gotta make changes. after 5,6,7 cycles the gains will be less obvious but you should always be seeing your personal improvements. Even if you arent a genetic freak (most of us are not), you should still strive to improve on yourself constantly. Who cares if some asshole whos never seen the inside of a gym doesnt realize your on gas.

Also, i think most of the time when its obvious someone juices, they blast and cruise/trt as opposed to cycle and pct’ing. Its wildly easier to maintain and develop mass when blasting and cruising. You can do more cycles per year and not crash your hormones constantly. This opinion will upset some people but its just what ive seen over the years. The freaks are on tons of shit year round, on top of being genetically gifted.
    Family_guy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information