Results 1 to 29 of 29
Like Tree22Likes
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By cylon357
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Low BP after exercise

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    695

    Low BP after exercise

    I regularly check my BP as I have historically had high BP. I have been taking medication for years and it used to be between 125-135/65-80, resting. I am not on a supraphysiological dose of testosterone at the moment; only taking 60 mg E3D. Right now my resting BP is around 115/70. About a month ago I got off a cruise of TRT + 200 mg EQ/week that I was on for about 2 months. My blood pressure was a little higher during that time.

    I have noticed that in the past my blood pressure would be slightly lower than resting after strenuous exercise, though the pulse would be slightly elevated (around 80). Today, after doing back and chest, and within 20 minutes of leaving the gym my BP is 95/65. I have also noticed my resting pulse (not after the gym) has gotten as low as 45 BPM. I feel fine in general, maybe even a little better than usual. No dizziness. I've been consuming less calories and eating a little cleaner overall.


    I know the standard answer is check with your doctor; well I will when I get one, as I haven't been to one in over 6 years, but thought I'd ask the bros on here if anyone has had similar experiences.
    Dgs59 likes this.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    695
    Just tested my BP again after writing the post and it's back to "normal" of 114/66, pulse 77.

  3. #3
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,560
    PEH - post exercise hypotension .. I occasionally get the same thing, mainly after cardio. by BP can be 140/80 resting, then after cardio its 90/60.
    I looked into it in the past and it has to do with your brain its response to dopamine and endorphins that get released when exercising.
    basically our brains are wired a lot different then the rest of the population , who usually get a spike in BP after exercise.

    also, alcohol consumption makes it even worse. if I drank for a couple days in a row and end up doing cardio, my BP drops even more (and again it has to do with the brain and how alcohol is also effecting, ie, acting on, dopamine receptors)
    gymffiti and Dgs59 like this.

  4. #4
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    21,444
    Lowered BP is actually come of the benefits of cardio and high intensity exercise. It generally lasts 4-6 hours for me.

    That's one reason cardio or high intensity lifting is touted so much for lowering your BP.
    Google it, there are lots of scholarly articles on it.
    Dgs59 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  5. #5
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,560
    completely argree that cardio is a great way to lower overall BP over time .. however most people end up getting temporary and acute hypertension just after or during performing exercise.. so if your BP is normally 120/80, after a 20 rep set of squats it will be 140/90 for a bit ,, but the good benefits happen over the long run and from doing those 20 rep sets your new BP set point might then be 115/75..

    but. as I mentioned earlier, there are a rare few people that exercise has the opposite effect and can substantially and suddenly lower blood pressure. and it has more to do with brain chemistry at the receptor level then anything else . and its not always consistent..

    I have checked this on myself many times . I'll take my BP and it reads 140/80.. then immediately do 40 mins of cardio on a spin bike. then check it again and its dropped to 90/60.
    which is odd for someone with hypertension to begin with..

    I have also found that if I'm struggling with elevated blood pressure. if I do cardio daily for a week or more,, the BP numbers go down significantly. most people require months of exercise to see the cardio benefits of lower BP
    Dgs59 likes this.

  6. #6
    i_SLAM_cougars's Avatar
    i_SLAM_cougars is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I have also found that if I'm struggling with elevated blood pressure. if I do cardio daily for a week or more,, the BP numbers go down significantly. most people require months of exercise to see the cardio benefits of lower BP
    Do you think this has anything to do with the compounds you run? If I’m not mistaken your run Boldernone a lot, even cruise on it from time to time... a drug basically designed to enhance the cardiovascular system.
    Dgs59 likes this.

  7. #7
    Dgs59's Avatar
    Dgs59 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    Do you think this has anything to do with the compounds you run? If I’m not mistaken your run Boldernone a lot, even cruise on it from time to time... a drug basically designed to enhance the cardiovascular system.
    EQ enhances the cardio system do you think it can be used if you are on high BP meds already?

    Sorry didn't mean to hijack OPs thread.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgs59 View Post
    EQ enhances the cardio system do you think it can be used if you are on high BP meds already?

    Sorry didn't mean to hijack OPs thread.
    I have high BP and take meds and have taken/take EQ.

    While my BP wasnít increased by much at 750 mg/week, by 2 months I was very lethargic. Got great pumps in the gym, looked very vascular, but I felt like I had to lie down all the time. The first month was great, I felt the benefits cardio-wise. Could lift forever, at least it seemed like it.


    So while EQ gave me cardio benefits the first month as my RBC increased (able to carry more oxygen in blood) the blood thickenened and the heart had a harder time pumping the blood. Essentially itís like being a cardiac patient at that point and it probably isnít very healthy.

    At 200mg/week I didnít get the lethargy by 2 months, and my hematocrit was on the high end of normal.

    Again BP maybe went up 10 points for me.
    Dgs59 likes this.

  9. #9
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,560
    the decrease in cardio capacity from EQ over time and high dosages was likely NOT from increased hematocrit.

    the lethargy that kicks in deep into a cycle of high dosages of deca , anadrol , eq, etc.. is not from elevated RBC or hematocrit.

    elevated RBC and hematocrit are going to increase cardio capacity, not decrease it. but some guys will say, 'yeah but if it gets too high then your blood thickens and cardio capacity goes down' , bullshit . your heamatoacrit is not getting anywhere close to the levels that a professional cyclist or endurance athlete gets his levels to for competition.. your little bit of deca or eq might get your hematocrit up to say 50 , but thats no where close to what these endurance athletes are at getting up to 59-60 using things like EPO and blood doping (ie, draining blood then adding in more blood and RBC before the competition).

    so why on earth would professional endurance athletes purposely go to such great lengths to get their hematocrit levels so high, if high hematocrit decreases cardio capacity and performance ?? umm , yeah they wouldn't . they do it because high hematocrit/rbc increases performance.


    now the thing that these athletes don't do to increase their RBC is take 800mg of Eq or Deca. thats going to result in blood volumization via nutrient and water retention and possible slight slight edema. thats what causes the drop off in cardio capacity and lethargy , NOT the elevation of RBC..
    bodybuilders get increased RBC and its not even close to the levels an endurance athlete gets to and he gets tired and lethargic.. but again its not because increased hematocrit levels, its because of volumization and water retention. endurance athletes get their hematocrit levels much higher then a bodybuilder and perform better, but they don't increase their body weight, or nutrient volumization or get water retention. they are taking drugs like EPO to increase RBC, which is not an AAS and does not volumize cells or cause water retention.


    so again. the reason you felt your cardio go to crap was not because your hematocrit was elevated (it probably wasn't anywhere near the range of a professional endurance athlete), it was from cell volumization, water retention, and possible slight cardiac and pulmonary edema.

    also of note - Eq does not necessarily increase hematocrit more then any other AAS unless your genetically pre-disposed to that. plenty of guys take Eq and hematocrit is always in range or top of the range (if they want higher hematocrit for cardio performance they should look to other drugs).
    Dgs59 likes this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    695
    Gear, according to the following articles, EPO is not as great as people think it is. In fact, they are saying it’s good in shorter sprints, but worse for longer competitions.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...zaLl-_g0DzpxdY


    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3690100/


    https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN19L1EE


    For me, because my first cycle was test only at 850 mg/week, and my second cycle was 150 mg test + 750 EQ, I was able to compare how both made me feel. I didn’t get as lethargic from the test only cycle, but it did make my blood pressure increase much more and I would look redder in the face and chest. Whatever the mechanism behind EQ, it caused me lethargy in the end, while test didn’t.
    Dgs59 likes this.

  11. #11
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Gear, according to the following articles, EPO is not as great as people think it is. In fact, they are saying it’s good in shorter sprints, but worse for longer competitions.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...zaLl-_g0DzpxdY


    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3690100/


    https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN19L1EE


    For me, because my first cycle was test only at 850 mg/week, and my second cycle was 150 mg test + 750 EQ, I was able to compare how both made me feel. I didn’t get as lethargic from the test only cycle, but it did make my blood pressure increase much more and I would look redder in the face and chest. Whatever the mechanism behind EQ, it caused me lethargy in the end, while test didn’t.

    what was your AI usage like between each cycle

  12. #12
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Gear, according to the following articles, EPO is not as great as people think it is. In fact, they are saying it’s good in shorter sprints, but worse for longer competitions.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...zaLl-_g0DzpxdY


    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3690100/


    https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN19L1EE


    For me, because my first cycle was test only at 850 mg/week, and my second cycle was 150 mg test + 750 EQ, I was able to compare how both made me feel. I didn’t get as lethargic from the test only cycle, but it did make my blood pressure increase much more and I would look redder in the face and chest. Whatever the mechanism behind EQ, it caused me lethargy in the end, while test didn’t.
    a lot of my phase cycling protocols contain what I label a "volumization" phase. they often times include things like Eq and Anadrol . because I find these drugs (eq has to be high enough dosage) volumize cells extremely well. you retain nutrients, minerals, water, etc.. in cells extremely well. you become more vascular because your retaining a lot more nutrients and water in the blood stream . not because your rbc or hematocrit is elevated

    this volumization effect though can lead to lethargy over time because your body is working harder retaining so much . yes hematocrit is likely going up a bit as well , but the lethargy is not from the high hematocrit itself (though its easy to confuse whats going on and think this is the cause)..

    if you were to get your hematocrit to say 51 , from 47 , without using AAS (which have retentive properties that cause the lethargy) and just doing things like living at high altitude and sleeping in a barometric chamber , your cardio capacity would likely increase, not decrease .
    its the secondary effects from the AAS that are causing the lethargy and decline in cardio capacity
    Dgs59 likes this.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    what was your AI usage like between each cycle
    Donít remember the exact dosage, but first cycle was like 0.5 mg 2x a week Arimidex .

    Second cycle with EQ I donít think I took any.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    a lot of my phase cycling protocols contain what I label a "volumization" phase. they often times include things like Eq and Anadrol . because I find these drugs (eq has to be high enough dosage) volumize cells extremely well. you retain nutrients, minerals, water, etc.. in cells extremely well. you become more vascular because your retaining a lot more nutrients and water in the blood stream . not because your rbc or hematocrit is elevated

    this volumization effect though can lead to lethargy over time because your body is working harder retaining so much . yes hematocrit is likely going up a bit as well , but the lethargy is not from the high hematocrit itself (though its easy to confuse whats going on and think this is the cause)..

    if you were to get your hematocrit to say 51 , from 47 , without using AAS (which have retentive properties that cause the lethargy) and just doing things like living at high altitude and sleeping in a barometric chamber , your cardio capacity would likely increase, not decrease .
    its the secondary effects from the AAS that are causing the lethargy and decline in cardio capacity
    I see what you mean. I read a lot of books on different expeditions to the Himalayas on Everest and K2, and I remember reading about some people (especially older people) experiencing heart attacks and dying even at base camp. Now whether they didn’t acclimate quickly enough or whether the cell volumization, as you call it, caused this to happen, I don’t know. I know they said that for the indigenous Sherpa people who live at those altitudes, they have evolved over time to deal with the atmosphere, but for the rest of us, being at that altitude for too long can be taxing on the health.
    Dgs59 and GearHeaded like this.

  15. #15
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I see what you mean. I read a lot of books on different expeditions to the Himalayas on Everest and K2, and I remember reading about some people (especially older people) experiencing heart attacks and dying even at base camp. Now whether they didn’t acclimate quickly enough or whether the cell volumization, as you call it, caused this to happen, I don’t know. I know they said that for the indigenous Sherpa people who live at those altitudes, they have evolved over time to deal with the atmosphere, but for the rest of us, being at that altitude for too long can be taxing on the health.
    the people who live at higher elevations have higher hematocrit levels naturally . they need to and they adapt.. people who live at low elevation and come up to higher elevation experience health problems not because their hematocrit suddenly elevates, its because its too low to begin with. high rbc/hematocrit is essential . its also a performance advantage. its not a negative side effect of AAS usage, its a positive one.


    I live at 7,300 ft elevation (previously lived at 9300 feet for most my life). which is way above sea level. my hematocrit is naturally high.
    its probably 80 degrees where you live . but where I live its currently 12 degrees, its a blizzard, the major highway has closed, and my kids school has been cancelled .. fun stuff . but hey I'm naturally acclimated to high hematocrit levels . I bet I could run a sub 6 minute mile at sea level !
    Dgs59 and Test Monsterone like this.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    the people who live at higher elevations have higher hematocrit levels naturally . they need to and they adapt.. people who live at low elevation and come up to higher elevation experience health problems not because their hematocrit suddenly elevates, its because its too low to begin with. high rbc/hematocrit is essential . its also a performance advantage. its not a negative side effect of AAS usage, its a positive one.


    I live at 7,300 ft elevation (previously lived at 9300 feet for most my life). which is way above sea level. my hematocrit is naturally high.
    its probably 80 degrees where you live . but where I live its currently 12 degrees, its a blizzard, the major highway has closed, and my kids school has been cancelled .. fun stuff . but hey I'm naturally acclimated to high hematocrit levels . I bet I could run a sub 6 minute mile at sea level !
    God damn brother that’s insane! It’s 72 right now in PA where I live. Yes, you would do great at sea level. This summer I went to the mountains for a quick vacation, right as I was ending my EQ cycle of 750 mg. I actually was breathing quite well at that altitude and wasn’t so lethargic anymore, proving your point.

  17. #17
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    God damn brother that’s insane! It’s 72 right now in PA where I live. Yes, you would do great at sea level. This summer I went to the mountains for a quick vacation, right as I was ending my EQ cycle of 750 mg. I actually was breathing quite well at that altitude and wasn’t so lethargic anymore, proving your point.
    this is what June looked like at my house a week after my kids were let out of school for summer break

    Low BP after exercise-img_0089.jpg
    yeah , summer vacation gets started with a snow shovel . now its barely even fall and its a damn blizzard
    Test Monsterone likes this.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    this is what June looked like at my house a week after my kids were let out of school for summer break

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0089.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	177287
    yeah , summer vacation gets started with a snow shovel . now its barely even fall and its a damn blizzard

    I was gonna ask you if you lived in the North Pole, but I dont want to get in your business LOL! I’m gonna guess you live somewhere like Alaska...

    I lived in Toronto, Canada for almost 4 years as a kid and I remember getting some crazy snow storms there in the early 90’s, but especially driving up north a few hours to the cabins. Now Toronto is like here, they barely get any snow in the winter. Shit man, you need high test just to keep you warm, no joke..

  19. #19
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I was gonna ask you if you lived in the North Pole, but I dont want to get in your business LOL! I’m gonna guess you live somewhere like Alaska...

    I lived in Toronto, Canada for almost 4 years as a kid and I remember getting some crazy snow storms there in the early 90’s, but especially driving up north a few hours to the cabins. Now Toronto is like here, they barely get any snow in the winter. Shit man, you need high test just to keep you warm, no joke..
    rocky mountains .. I have the occasional bear that gets in my trash , deer that my dog likes to chase on a daily basis, elk, moose, and mountain lion that strole through my yard on occasion . however I only pack a 10mm Glock because I'm afraid of spiders.

    before I moved where I'm at now, which is kinda more a upper class area and not really a strictly rural area (yes the bear get into the country clubs trash too), I lived a days hike away from the continental divide (14,000 ft elevation). that was rural as fk on the top of the rocky mountains..
    I once had a 9 feet snowstorm that locked me in my house for weeks. no joke, the snow actually accumulated higher then the front doors and windows. you could not see outside. you could not open the front door. the snow was higher then the doorway.

    I drove a dodge 2500 diesel at the time that was parked outside . from the upper bedroom window looking out you could not see it anywhere. its probably 7 feet tall at least and was totally buried . even trees disappeared
    Test Monsterone likes this.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    rocky mountains .. I have the occasional bear that gets in my trash , deer that my dog likes to chase on a daily basis, elk, moose, and mountain lion that strole through my yard on occasion . however I only pack a 10mm Glock because I'm afraid of spiders.

    before I moved where I'm at now, which is kinda more a upper class area and not really a strictly rural area (yes the bear get into the country clubs trash too), I lived a days hike away from the continental divide (14,000 ft elevation). that was rural as fk on the top of the rocky mountains..
    I once had a 9 feet snowstorm that locked me in my house for weeks. no joke, the snow actually accumulated higher then the front doors and windows. you could not see outside. you could not open the front door. the snow was higher then the doorway.

    I drove a dodge 2500 diesel at the time that was parked outside . from the upper bedroom window looking out you could not see it anywhere. its probably 7 feet tall at least and was totally buried . even trees disappeared
    I was looking to grab a 10 mm before I went to the mountains this summer, cause I heard they’re good for black bears and whatnot. Ended up going without any weapon and I was probably the biggest threat to myself lol. I believe you about the snow man, as I’ve seen it get like that up north, to where we had to carve a tunnel to get to the car. Not as bad as what you’re saying, but we were near Lake Ontario where we had the lake effect snow. The Rockies I want to visit sometime - the closest I got was flying over them to LA.. and I remember cause we had some decent turbulence.

  21. #21
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I was looking to grab a 10 mm before I went to the mountains this summer, cause I heard they’re good for black bears and whatnot. Ended up going without any weapon and I was probably the biggest threat to myself lol. I believe you about the snow man, as I’ve seen it get like that up north, to where we had to carve a tunnel to get to the car. Not as bad as what you’re saying, but we were near Lake Ontario where we had the lake effect snow. The Rockies I want to visit sometime - the closest I got was flying over them to LA.. and I remember cause we had some decent turbulence.
    when I'm hiking I carry the 10mm (Glock) in case of bears . I'd carry my 44 mag which is a revolver and a bit better round with more penetration, but I've been tactically trained using Glock and semi auto striker fired pistols.. I'm extremely proficient and accurate with Glocks and 10mm recoil is not bad at all for someone that knows how to shoot. an Underwood ammo round is extremely deadly.
    if I hit the city or just around the house, its 357 sig, again in Glock . plenty of penetration (which is usually under estimated for a self defense round but very critical).. and in the night stand next to the bed its a Glock 19 9mm. ( of course a rock river arms ar-10 in 308 is in the closet and a benelli semi auto shotgun staked with slugs and bucks is their with it , and a Ar 15 and Ak-47 are just there under the bed ... just in case)

    most accurate fighting pistol ever bone stock.. the Glock 19
    heres 15 rounds fairly rapid fire by me at 20 feet (7 yards) .. all in one hole the size of a spoon
    Low BP after exercise-img_2346.jpg

    being able to put rounds on target/enemy is more important then caliber.. If you have a 500s&w mag that can take out a grizzly bear but you can't aim it for shit , then won't do you much good
    cylon357 likes this.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    when I'm hiking I carry the 10mm (Glock) in case of bears . I'd carry my 44 mag which is a revolver and a bit better round with more penetration, but I've been tactically trained using Glock and semi auto striker fired pistols.. I'm extremely proficient and accurate with Glocks and 10mm recoil is not bad at all for someone that knows how to shoot. an Underwood ammo round is extremely deadly.
    if I hit the city or just around the house, its 357 sig, again in Glock . plenty of penetration (which is usually under estimated for a self defense round but very critical).. and in the night stand next to the bed its a Glock 19 9mm. ( of course a rock river arms ar-10 in 308 is in the closet and a benelli semi auto shotgun staked with slugs and bucks is their with it , and a Ar 15 and Ak-47 are just there under the bed ... just in case)

    most accurate fighting pistol ever bone stock.. the Glock 19
    heres 15 rounds fairly rapid fire by me at 20 feet (7 yards) .. all in one hole the size of a spoon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2346.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	602.8 KB 
ID:	177288

    being able to put rounds on target/enemy is more important then caliber.. If you have a 500s&w mag that can take out a grizzly bear but you can't aim it for shit , then won't do you much good
    Thatís pretty amazing aim. Better than I can do. Yeah I was debating between a 45 revolver or the 10 mm glock. On the one hand the 45 cal wonít jam, but it only holds 6 rounds and has more kick. The 10 mm holds many more rounds and is more stable, but has a possibility of jamming (although I heard glock 10s are pretty solid). I typically have my 380 Acp for carry cause itís pretty small, but Iím looking at other options. Iím a little hesitant with having guns around me anymore because before I got my first cycle I went through a horrible depression where that gun looked too friendly to me. Kinda scared myself a little. I wish I could buy a gun with no ďfriendly fireĒ

  23. #23
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    21,444
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    when I'm hiking I carry the 10mm (Glock) in case of bears . I'd carry my 44 mag which is a revolver and a bit better round with more penetration, but I've been tactically trained using Glock and semi auto striker fired pistols.. I'm extremely proficient and accurate with Glocks and 10mm recoil is not bad at all for someone that knows how to shoot. an Underwood ammo round is extremely deadly.
    if I hit the city or just around the house, its 357 sig, again in Glock . plenty of penetration (which is usually under estimated for a self defense round but very critical).. and in the night stand next to the bed its a Glock 19 9mm. ( of course a rock river arms ar-10 in 308 is in the closet and a benelli semi auto shotgun staked with slugs and bucks is their with it , and a Ar 15 and Ak-47 are just there under the bed ... just in case)

    most accurate fighting pistol ever bone stock.. the Glock 19
    heres 15 rounds fairly rapid fire by me at 20 feet (7 yards) .. all in one hole the size of a spoon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2346.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	602.8 KB 
ID:	177288

    being able to put rounds on target/enemy is more important then caliber.. If you have a 500s&w mag that can take out a grizzly bear but you can't aim it for shit , then won't do you much good
    Not to totally get off track, but if you like to roll your own, try Vihtavuori N350 in your .357Sig or 10mm. Am friends with the owner of the range I use and we were doing low ambient light shooting after he closed the range for the day. (I don't shoot too much around the house, just enough to keep away the meth heads or dispatch coyote. Occasionally, if I'm tinkering, I roll off some bursts).

    Anyway, we shot some AA#9 which is a good powder but blinding. The Vihtavuori has a remarkably reduced muzzle flash. Just throwing that out there.
    GearHeaded likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  24. #24
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,560
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Not to totally get off track, but if you like to roll your own, try Vihtavuori N350 in your .357Sig or 10mm. Am friends with the owner of the range I use and we were doing low ambient light shooting after he closed the range for the day. (I don't shoot too much around the house, just enough to keep away the meth heads or dispatch coyote. Occasionally, if I'm tinkering, I roll off some bursts).

    Anyway, we shot some AA#9 which is a good powder but blinding. The Vihtavuori has a remarkably reduced muzzle flash. Just throwing that out there.
    thats always been a bit of a draw back with 357 sig , high flash especially in a smaller concealable package. I do actually have a hornady or rbc reloading die for it somewhere, just never got around to it (too busy loading up 300 Rum cause that was so damn pricey).
    almostgone likes this.

  25. #25
    cylon357's Avatar
    cylon357 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    633
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    when I'm hiking I carry the 10mm (Glock) in case of bears . I'd carry my 44 mag which is a revolver and a bit better round with more penetration, but I've been tactically trained using Glock and semi auto striker fired pistols.. I'm extremely proficient and accurate with Glocks and 10mm recoil is not bad at all for someone that knows how to shoot. an Underwood ammo round is extremely deadly.
    if I hit the city or just around the house, its 357 sig, again in Glock . plenty of penetration (which is usually under estimated for a self defense round but very critical).. and in the night stand next to the bed its a Glock 19 9mm. ( of course a rock river arms ar-10 in 308 is in the closet and a benelli semi auto shotgun staked with slugs and bucks is their with it , and a Ar 15 and Ak-47 are just there under the bed ... just in case)

    most accurate fighting pistol ever bone stock.. the Glock 19
    heres 15 rounds fairly rapid fire by me at 20 feet (7 yards) .. all in one hole the size of a spoon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2346.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	602.8 KB 
ID:	177288

    being able to put rounds on target/enemy is more important then caliber.. If you have a 500s&w mag that can take out a grizzly bear but you can't aim it for shit , then won't do you much good
    I have the Glock 33 (Sub Compact .357 Sig) and the Glock 35 .40 with Lone Wolf .357 Sig conversion barrel. Glock missed the boat by not building the .357 Sig in that package. Way easier to control than the .40 in the same gun, much more pleasant to shoot, IMHO. And of course I have the Glock 19 (because really, if you own more than one Glock, you probably own a 19).
    GearHeaded likes this.

  26. #26
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    21,444
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    thats always been a bit of a draw back with 357 sig , high flash especially in a smaller concealable package. I do actually have a hornady or rbc reloading die for it somewhere, just never got around to it (too busy loading up 300 Rum cause that was so damn pricey).
    Same here. Lyman Tmag and Redding Big Boss presses. More dies/ calibers than I currently have time to use. Most of them setup on the Tmag or on the spare plates for the Tmag. Save the Big Boss for heavy decapping or loading large- ish rifle calibers.
    Powders and primers spread out in cabinets throughout the house. At least the humidity is finally dropping. I don't like to load in my shop when it's humid.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  27. #27
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,560
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Same here. Lyman Tmag and Redding Big Boss presses. More dies/ calibers than I currently have time to use. Most of them setup on the Tmag or on the spare plates for the Tmag. Save the Big Boss for heavy decapping or loading large- ish rifle calibers.
    Powders and primers spread out in cabinets throughout the house. At least the humidity is finally dropping. I don't like to load in my shop when it's humid.
    my modest little "gun room"
    Low BP after exercise-img_2361.jpg
    Low BP after exercise-img_2362.jpg
    HoldMyBeer and almostgone like this.

  28. #28
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    21,444
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    my modest little "gun room"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2361.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	734.4 KB 
ID:	177292
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2362.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	177293
    In a much better atmosphere than mine. Trying to get Mrs. AG in a minimalist state of mind in regards to "stuff" and free up a room in the house.

    I'm pretty much limited to reloading during the fall and winter right now.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  29. #29
    gymffiti's Avatar
    gymffiti is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    PEH - post exercise hypotension .. I occasionally get the same thing, mainly after cardio. by BP can be 140/80 resting, then after cardio its 90/60.
    I looked into it in the past and it has to do with your brain its response to dopamine and endorphins that get released when exercising.
    basically our brains are wired a lot different then the rest of the population , who usually get a spike in BP after exercise.

    also, alcohol consumption makes it even worse. if I drank for a couple days in a row and end up doing cardio, my BP drops even more (and again it has to do with the brain and how alcohol is also effecting, ie, acting on, dopamine receptors)
    I've experienced this over the years - When I've been overweight, lean, natty & on TRT

    I have had spells on SSRIs. Maybe that could be a factor for Test Monsterone?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •