BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Can one realistically estimate winny's effect on the hair based on test experience?

Given I've been using test and eq for 11 weeks now, without the use of any hair protectant or DHT inhibitor whatsoever, can I extrapolate these results to roughly estimate how I'll be affected by winny? As I understood it, both winny and test affect hair loss in the same why: through DHT. Testosterone 's impact on this, as I understand it, can be mitigated if not eliminated altogether, by propecia etc in that it blocks the conversion to DHT. Winny, however, (at least in my research) can not be prevented from "converting" to DHT, as it already exists as a precurso...or something to that effect, with the bottom line being propecia etc doesn't work with winny. So, seeing as how i have not been using proscar, propecia, etc with my test and eq, does that mean I'm relatively in the clear with regards to winny, as I haven't been safeguarding this whole time against DHT? ANy input would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Bumping this for even a bit of speculation?

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    I'd say probably so but you never know with hair loss. The winny might make your hair fall out like crazy where as test doesn't, I think with hair loss it's just one of those things you cross your fingers and pray for the best because everyones different. However it sounds like you probably aren't too pre dispositioned to hair loss so there is a good chance it won't affect you.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Bumping this for even a bit of speculation?

Well since we are talking theory here I am wondering if using a combination of topicals like Rogaine, Spironolactone, and possibly Avodart (broken open and rubbed into the scalp) would work well to save the hair when using DHT derivatives such as winny? From what I have read Spironolactone works as an antiandrogen by decreasing the production of testosterone via the adrenal glands and by preventing DHT from binding to its androgenic receptor. Some have suggested that Spironolactone will bond to the hair follicles before DHT can bind to the receptor. Anyone have frist hand exp with any of this?

Peace,
    CC

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    BG, I have never used hair meds up to this point(I will go bald sooner or later-it's in the genes)

BUT
    the only time I've had hairloss issues that I actually could notice was doing winny only. My hair continued to fall out for wks past discontinuing as well.
    The funny thing about it is, when i started my current cycle, the hair loss seemed to cease(currently on Test/Fina/Var)

righton is offline Senior Member
    DHT binds to receptors that are predominately located in the hair folical( and to some extent the prostate) and certain supps ( Beta Sitosterol)mimic finasteride by preventing the conversion of test to DHT AND by preventing the DHT from binding to various receptors without the sides of finasteride ( some studies have shown that finasteride cause 80% MORE prostate cancer). A study done at the Norris Cancer Center at the University of Southern California ( British Journal of Cancer, vol.78 in 1998) found that men who took finasteride lowered their PSA by 48% BUT had 800% MORE cancer tumors in only one year than men taking a placebo!!

Thread Information