Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Mid Cycle Blood Work

JackMan017 is offline Junior Member

Mid Cycle Blood Work

Hey guys

Just got my mid cycle results. 500mg of Test E p/wk only. Everything I think looks as expected. There's two items that have me wanting to know more info....my WBC count & my AST level. Why is my WBC count so high? My pre-cycle WBC count was 4.6. And for reference, my current RBC is 4.61 but pre-cycle it was 4.70, so RBC didn't move much but WBC sure did. Lastly, my AST is a little high. Does this have anything to do with the fact I got this test done about 20 minutes after leaving the gym? Test levels and Estrogen levels were in line with what I expected. This test was done approx 36 hours after my last pin. Thoughts? Feedback? That WBC count has me a little unsure & concerned
    Attached Files Attached Files

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    your only on 500mg of test, so I wouldn't expect much change in RBC (unless you were on that dose for many months on end) . as for WBC being elevated, its that time of year. cold season. your body is probably just dealing with a minor cold bug or something its fighting.

test is not hepatoxic. so your elevated liver values are likely a 'false' reading due to you having trained.. if you want accurate liver value readings you need to take a couple days off from the gym before getting blood work
    JackMan017 likes this.

JackMan017 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    your only on 500mg of test, so I wouldn't expect much change in RBC (unless you were on that dose for many months on end) . as for WBC being elevated, its that time of year. cold season. your body is probably just dealing with a minor cold bug or something its fighting.

test is not hepatoxic. so your elevated liver values are likely a 'false' reading due to you having trained.. if you want accurate liver value readings you need to take a couple days off from the gym before getting blood work
    Thanks GH. Question - If I stayed on for an extended period, say 1 year, would you generally expect much change in CBC & CMP values versus what they look like now? I know you mentioned RBC could elevate if stayed on for an extended period, but like you said it's only 500mg of test. I ask because I was thinking about just staying on for a year or so. But I might be better served doing a planned 16-20 week cycle, cruise, then go on to my 2nd cycle (2nd cycle I was thinking would be 500mg of Test + 300-500 mg of NPP). Want to continue adding mass.

Regarding WBC & cold season, that makes sense because I have cold like symptoms now, nothing drastic, but it's there. I'm just surprised how elevated that number got or can get. I never knew that about WBC, thank you for sharing that info. I feel a lot better now.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    the longer your on the more chance that CBC numbers will alter.. mainly things like RBC, Hematocrit, Hemoglobin . but this is going to depend on your own genetics. it seems like guys who naturally convert test to higher levels of DHT generally tend to have their CBC numbers elevate when on test, whereas other guys it doesn't alter much at all even when on for long durations of time.

keep in mind that these numbers becoming elevated is NOT a concern . its actually beneficial. too many guys think that elevated hematocrit is a bad thing , when its not, UNLESS its accompanied by elevated blood platelet count at the same time. thats when you would need to come off and donate blood. too often guys look at only Rbc and hematocrit and see its elevated and then go donate when they don't need to. again its only when those numbers are elevated along with platelets (thats what you really need to pay attention to),,

and again, with only 500mg of test your probably not going to see a drastic elevation (again it depends on genetics and dht production). if you don't see an elevation you may actually want to consider adding in anadrol or npp like you say. those drugs seem to be more efficient at elevating blood values then just test alone.
    and having elevated values can be beneficial to both physical performance and physique enhancement. just as long as platelet count is in check.. some pros will go as far as to add EPO (which simply raises RBC) to their drug cycle pre contest to get hematocrit elevated super high (you'll have a fuller more vascular appearance)
    JackMan017 and IronLiver like this.

Thread Information