Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By teedoff
  • 1 Post By Cylon357

Thread: Backfilling insulin syringes

teedoff is offline Member

Backfilling insulin syringes

Ok stupid question I know, but I didn't have good luck trying the backfill method for my hgh amd insulin syringes.

I also didn't find any good videos on how to do this, but the ones I found I followed as best as I could.

I drew 1ml of reconstituted hgh into my 1ml syringe, then fill my slinpin to the 1.5 mark. The problem is, when I put the plunger back in, I'm losing some liquid from the pressure of pushing the plunger up to my dose mark. I also tried to let the liquid "run" back down to the open end before putting the plunger back in. I wound up losing about 2 ui with this process.

I am doing something wrong, just not sure what it is as I've never done backfilling before.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Ok stupid question I know, but I didn't have good luck trying the backfill method for my hgh amd insulin syringes.

I also didn't find any good videos on how to do this, but the ones I found I followed as best as I could.

I drew 1ml of reconstituted hgh into my 1ml syringe, then fill my slinpin to the 1.5 mark. The problem is, when I put the plunger back in, I'm losing some liquid from the pressure of pushing the plunger up to my dose mark. I also tried to let the liquid "run" back down to the open end before putting the plunger back in. I wound up losing about 2 ui with this process.

I am doing something wrong, just not sure what it is as I've never done backfilling before.
    You are filling up to the .15 mark or the 1.5? Because the first is easy, that second one... that would be tough!

Here is how I do the backfilling thing that works up to about .65ml, but does work WAY better with lower doses (less than .40 or so)

Don't try to judge how much is in the syringe you are backfilling INTO (now known as B), rather by how much you have pushed out of the syringe you are backfiling FROM (now designated as A).

Pull the plunger(s) out of syringe(s) B. Lay them on a clean surface, I usually make sure the shafts of the plunger is laying on the alcohol wipe I used to clean the top(s) of my goods, but not the stopper itself. You DID remember to wipe your tops, right?

Draw as much as you want of your material into syringe A. Make note of where you draw to.

In this example, I will use a total draw of .50ml with .10ml needed in each syringe.

Pickup the first of your syringe B, then slowly and carefully inject from A until the plunger is at the .40 mark. This means that you have moved .10ml into syringe B.

I usually try to make sure the substance doesn't close up the syringe B... This is hard to explain, but imagine looking at B while it is laying on its side. If there is room for air to get around the material, you have done this right.

Carefully pickup up B and tilt it at a very slight angle, plunger end down, needle in up. Slide the plunger into syringe B slowly. As you slide it in, tilt it needle end up. All the peptide or whatever should fall down to the plunger. Push out the remaining air, but leave about .01 or .02 ml air.

Tilt B needle side DOWN, and flick it lightly once or twice to get the air against the plunger.

Repeat for all B syringes.

Once complete, store needle side down in a glass (I use a tall shot glass) and place in the refrigerator if needed.

That's it. One piece of advice: use 1.0ml syringes for B. Lower volume syringes, like .50 or .30 tend to have more of the situation where you can't get all the air bubbles out of B.

It can take some time to get right, but once you do it is easy peasy. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    You are filling up to the .15 mark or the 1.5? Because the first is easy, that second one... that would be tough!

Here is how I do the backfilling thing that works up to about .65ml, but does work WAY better with lower doses (less than .40 or so)

Don't try to judge how much is in the syringe you are backfilling INTO (now known as B), rather by how much you have pushed out of the syringe you are backfiling FROM (now designated as A).

Pull the plunger(s) out of syringe(s) B. Lay them on a clean surface, I usually make sure the shafts of the plunger is laying on the alcohol wipe I used to clean the top(s) of my goods, but not the stopper itself. You DID remember to wipe your tops, right?

Draw as much as you want of your material into syringe A. Make note of where you draw to.

In this example, I will use a total draw of .50ml with .10ml needed in each syringe.

Pickup the first of your syringe B, then slowly and carefully inject from A until the plunger is at the .40 mark. This means that you have moved .10ml into syringe B.

I usually try to make sure the substance doesn't close up the syringe B... This is hard to explain, but imagine looking at B while it is laying on its side. If there is room for air to get around the material, you have done this right.

Carefully pickup up B and tilt it at a very slight angle, plunger end down, needle in up. Slide the plunger into syringe B slowly. As you slide it in, tilt it needle end up. All the peptide or whatever should fall down to the plunger. Push out the remaining air, but leave about .01 or .02 ml air.

Tilt B needle side DOWN, and flick it lightly once or twice to get the air against the plunger.

Repeat for all B syringes.

Once complete, store needle side down in a glass (I use a tall shot glass) and place in the refrigerator if needed.

That's it. One piece of advice: use 1.0ml syringes for B. Lower volume syringes, like .50 or .30 tend to have more of the situation where you can't get all the air bubbles out of B.

It can take some time to get right, but once you do it is easy peasy. Good luck.
    Thanks, So yes...Syringe A is a 1ml syringe and I'm putting 1ml worth of hgh into it at one time. I'm backfilling into the 1ml insulin syringes....so 1 and a half marks(between 1 and 2) of B. Both syringes are needle side down as I backfill. Once i put 1.5iu into the B, I lay it flat, grab the plunger and stick it in, but I dont seal it up. Then I try to let the liquid run back toward the plunger before pushing it in and sealing it up. Maybe I wasn't patient enough, but the liquid didn't seem to run back away from the needle end.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post

Yeah this I think is the part I'm struggling with.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Thanks, So yes...Syringe A is a 1ml syringe and I'm putting 1ml worth of hgh into it at one time. I'm backfilling into the 1ml insulin syringes....so 1 and a half marks(between 1 and 2) of B. Both syringes are needle side down as I backfill. Once i put 1.5iu into the B, I lay it flat, grab the plunger and stick it in, but I dont seal it up. Then I try to let the liquid run back toward the plunger before pushing it in and sealing it up. Maybe I wasn't patient enough, but the liquid didn't seem to run back away from the needle end.
    B should be almost horizontal when you fill it, with the needle end down just a hair. That way the HGH won't accumulate at the needle end, as has a better chance of not blocking up flow in the syringe.

Also, go slow when filling B. The HGH should trickle out, not squirt out. That way it will accumulate toward the middle of the syringe, not either end.

Edit to add: you may waste a few .01ml until you get it right. Once you do, it is easy peasy.
    teedoff likes this.

Thread Information