Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Injection site question?

Wickedg8gt is offline Junior Member

Injection site question?

I know it's proper protocol to switch injection sites for every pin. But I'm right handed and find it easier to pin my right glute. And so far no pip at all with E. So, that's what I've done my first 5 pins. The one time I tried pinning in my left glute I must have hit a vein or something and got an abcess. So, is there any issues or hazards of just pinning in the same area all cycle or is best to switch between glutes and quads and so on?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedg8gt View Post
    I know it's proper protocol to switch injection sites for every pin. But I'm right handed and find it easier to pin my right glute. And so far no pip at all with E. So, that's what I've done my first 5 pins. The one time I tried pinning in my left glute I must have hit a vein or something and got an abcess. So, is there any issues or hazards of just pinning in the same area all cycle or is best to switch between glutes and quads and so on?
    Sticking to a single muscle for an entire cycle is a pretty good way to find yourself with oil puking out of the muscle in short order. I’ve seen more than one guy with oil lumps from trying this kind of thing.

Seriously, get comfortable with different muscles, or you might want to consider whether or not this whole thing really is for you. I’m at the point now where I rotate between side delts, front delts, two different quad areas, pecs, biceps and ventroglutes.
    Ernst and XnavyHMCS like this.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    In all honesty I only shoot my quads because I find it easy and convenient and it has never given me any problems. I do at least switch back and forth between the two sides, though.

Gallowmere has a point that volume, irritation, scar tissue, and whatever is best spread out across multiple sites. I think it's worth noting that while we say that site enhancement is bs there is a bit of truth to it, even if it's just from the oils stretching muscle fascia and possibly causing minor irritation-- and who wants to be lopsided? What you might get away with on one low-volume cycle is not good, sustainable practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    In all honesty I only shoot my quads because I find it easy and convenient and it has never given me any problems. I do at least switch back and forth between the two sides, though.

Gallowmere has a point that volume, irritation, scar tissue, and whatever is best spread out across multiple sites. I think it's worth noting that while we say that site enhancement is bs there is a bit of truth to it, even if it's just from the oils stretching muscle fascia and possibly causing minor irritation-- and who wants to be lopsided? What you might get away with on one low-volume cycle is not good, sustainable practice.
    The “quads” have the following benefits that glute max injections don’t:
    -it’s more than one muscle.
    -the vastus lateralus is much larger by surface area, giving you the ability to rotate a couple of sites without having to worry about the oil permeation that happens. (It’s not a major factor but does happen)

Lat injections would also offer this last benefit, assuming you can reliably reach multiple areas without pulling an uncomfortable contortionist act that results in a bunch of syringe movement.

Nine times of ten, people who stick to glute only have this habit of pinning themselves within the same two inch area.

Even most western medicine is slowly moving away from glute max injections, and there are a host of reasons for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    -the vastus lateralus is much larger by surface area, giving you the ability to rotate a couple of sites without having to worry about the oil permeation that happens. (It’s not a major factor but does happen)

Lat injections would also offer this last benefit, assuming you can reliably reach multiple areas without pulling an uncomfortable contortionist act that results in a bunch of syringe movement.

Nine times of ten, people who stick to glute only have this habit of pinning themselves within the same two inch area.

Even most western medicine is slowly moving away from glute max injections, and there are a host of reasons for that.
    I appreciate it guys. I'll switch it up. I currently have 23G x 1.5 needles for the glute. But I litterally just now ordered 25g x 1 so I can try quad and side delt injections. I figured 25g is smaller and 1in is enough for bith spots since I'm not a big massive guy anyway.

I do know the quad has alot veins and blood vessels to look out for as Ive known people to hit them then have issues. Any tips for quad or delt injections?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    one thing to keep in mind.. the odds of injecting and landing perfectly in a vein and injecting gear in a vein is extremely improbable.
    you have better odds of winning the lotto, going to celebrate by going to the beach, then get bitten by a shark and hit by lightning at the same time.
    just saying.

personally, for spot injecting , I like to using 1/2" 29 g insulin pins. I will back fill a bunch of them at once with gear. then keep them stored and grab one or two every day and spot inject biceps, triceps, front delts, upper pecs, etc..
    easy breezy
    Gallowmere and Wickedg8gt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    one thing to keep in mind.. the odds of injecting and landing perfectly in a vein and injecting gear in a vein is extremely improbable.
    you have better odds of winning the lotto, going to celebrate by going to the beach, then get bitten by a shark and hit by lightning at the same time.
    just saying.

personally, for spot injecting , I like to using 1/2" 29 g insulin pins. I will back fill a bunch of them at once with gear. then keep them stored and grab one or two every day and spot inject biceps, triceps, front delts, upper pecs, etc..
    easy breezy
    I’d definitely second that first paragraph. I’ve given many veins a through and through and bled a bit. Even gotten the occasional blood blister from catching a vein just right to give it a lateral tear instead of a puncture. I have still never managed to actually land the end of a pin in a vein. It’s gotten to the point where I often don’t even bother aspirating anymore with 1” pins.
    Wickedg8gt likes this.

LiftingLevi is offline Junior Member
    just saying.

easy breezy
    I won the lotto yesterday. Went into my glute, and since I had tren I was like oh yeah I’m aspirating. I just instantly saw a stream of blood filling the syringe lol. Pulled out changed the head and moved the spot, easy injection. The blood bubbles looked badass in the test/tren mix too

just saying.

easy breezy
    That is a good idea. Maybe I should do that. I wonder if 1 inch is to long for a delt or quad.

I do know delt is relatively easy as just pin the side delt and call it a day. But with quads, you're suppose to hit more on the upper outer portion correct?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by LiftingLevi View Post
    I won the lotto yesterday. Went into my glute, and since I had tren I was like oh yeah I’m aspirating. I just instantly saw a stream of blood filling the syringe lol. Pulled out changed the head and moved the spot, easy injection. The blood bubbles looked badass in the test/tren mix too
    yes this does happen, its mainly from penetrating through a vein. IF you would not of aspirated and simply injected, the oil would of blown out or blown back the vein and the gear would of still ended up in the muscle end not in the blood stream (though you would of had a bruise). of course a little bit of the Tren may get into the blood stream ,, thats when your lungs begin to burn your body gets all flushed and you can't breath for a good 15 mins. fun stuff

LiftingLevi is offline Junior Member
    yes this does happen, its mainly from penetrating through a vein. IF you would not of aspirated and simply injected, the oil would of blown out or blown back the vein and the gear would of still ended up in the muscle end not in the blood stream (though you would of had a bruise). of course a little bit of the Tren may get into the blood stream ,, thats when your lungs begin to burn your body gets all flushed and you can't breath for a good 15 mins. fun stuff
    That’s the only reason I did it the way I did, I didn’t want the 15 minutes of death lol. Now granted this is the first time out of.. what 250+ injections this has ever happened?

Well I appreciate all the help. I guess being my first cycle I still get anxious about various things. Even after having multitude of hours read on the subject and having close friends who do it. I'll start watching YT videos and stuff making sure I do it correctly.

I really need to get my diet in check. I've gained 7lbs in the 3 weeks on, and I know it's water retention, because what abs I had are fading and tracking my lifts I'm not necesarily stronger; however I've eaten like complete dog shit since Monday due to holidays and need to get back on track.

Arcânn is offline Associate Member
    I'm on my first cycle too. I would definitely experiment with different sites. But then again, I've been told I do some weird stuff for it being my first cycle. Apparently delt injections on a first cycle are unusual? That was my very first injection haha. I rotate delts, triceps, quads, and glutes. I did lats too, but I hit a nerve my third time doing it so I'm done with that for now. I didn't even know there WERE nerves there, but that's also the only muscle where I didn't bother to check nerve and blood vessel pathways. That said, lats seem to be almost immune to PIP.

The more you do it, the more comfortable you'll be with it, the more you'll feel like switching it up. Eventually, your hand won't even shake even while using your non-dominant hand to inject.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcânn View Post
    I'm on my first cycle too. I would definitely experiment with different sites. But then again, I've been told I do some weird stuff for it being my first cycle. Apparently delt injections on a first cycle are unusual? That was my very first injection haha. I rotate delts, triceps, quads, and glutes. I did lats too, but I hit a nerve my third time doing it so I'm done with that for now. I didn't even know there WERE nerves there, but that's also the only muscle where I didn't bother to check nerve and blood vessel pathways. That said, lats seem to be almost immune to PIP.

The more you do it, the more comfortable you'll be with it, the more you'll feel like switching it up. Eventually, your hand won't even shake even while using your non-dominant hand to inject.
    I don’t think it’s so much that lats are immune to pip, as that you have to put yourself into some odd positions that would make said pip really obvious. For example, I thought my biceps were immune to it, and then I decided to do some ridiculous behind the back stretching of them one day. Oh, it’s there, it just wasn’t being aggravated. I think that’s part of why side delts seem to have to few issues with it. You have to do some intentional and funky shit to get a real stretch on those.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Addition to what boys said,

when the time passes you could find it harder and harder to inject it to the same site, more pressure will be required on plunger. you could bleed more, ended up oil coming out (what a waste)

Pip usually doesn't happen with test when following correct injection technique but don't do same site for whole cycle because then you will start seeing pip and other complications.

just saying.

easy breezy
    To save time, do you think it would be ok if I filled a whole 12 week cycle of syringes and then just ket them sit till I need them?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't do 12 weeks worth. Its not that much work to load a syringe. Do the week if you think it will save you that much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    I wouldn't do 12 weeks worth. Its not that much work to load a syringe. Do the week if you think it will save you that much time.
    Ok. Thank you.

Thanks guys. Did my first quad injection today. Didn't have any PIP but a few hours later felt like quad/leg wanted to kinda spasm and twitch. Is that normal for quad injections?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Quads suck. A lot. I’d expect to hobble around for the next couple days.

So even with the quad (vastus lateralis) being a bigger muscle than say the qlutes, when I start pinning them in a rotation with glutes and maybe delts; will I still have to worry the same issues you guys warned me about if I was just pinning glutes? (I.e. scar tissue, oil coming out, more blood, more pip and any other issues) Say if I wanted to do a 2nd or 3rd cycle or bnc? Because from what I researched, you still have to pin in a certain general area of the outer side quad. I guess I just thought of after a couple cycles you could easily have 10 or pins in same area.
    Last edited by Wickedg8gt; 12-29-2019 at 12:14 AM.

just saying.

easy breezy
    I found some 1cc 29g x 1/2" on gpz. Do you think the 1/2 inch is long enough for quads too or just smaller areas like side delts and pecs and bi/tri and so on? Does it take a while to versus say something a tad larger say 27g? Would that be considered "sub-q" instead of "intamuscular"?
    Last edited by Wickedg8gt; 12-29-2019 at 01:04 AM.

So even with the quad (vastus lateralis) being a bigger muscle than say the qlutes, when I start pinning them in a rotation with glutes and maybe delts; will I still have to worry the same issues you guys warned me about if I was just pinning glutes? (I.e. scar tissue, oil coming out, more blood, more pip and any other issues) Say if I wanted to do a 2nd or 3rd cycle or bnc? Because from what I researched, you still have to pin in a certain general area of the outer side quad. I guess I just thought of after a couple cycles you could easily have 10 or pins in same area.
    Not as much. I actually have three different sections down my VL that I can pin as part of my rotation, without issue.
    People get this whole “need to inject x inches from y” bullshit in their head. A muscle is a muscle, and unless it’s got reduced bloodflow due to a structural problem in your specific body, it doesn’t matter. So long as you’re not hitting nerves and tearing veins left and right, you’ll be fine. Go slow, learn your own body, remember the areas.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not as much. I actually have three different sections down my VL that I can pin as part of my rotation, without issue.
    People get this whole “need to inject x inches from y” bullshit in their head. A muscle is a muscle, and unless it’s got reduced bloodflow due to a structural problem in your specific body, it doesn’t matter. So long as you’re not hitting nerves and tearing veins left and right, you’ll be fine. Go slow, learn your own body, remember the areas.
    You mean I don’t need to use rulers and mark the spot? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gallowmere likes this.

Lol. I can admit, I am.one of those guys. Watching YT and looking online and says you have to pin in a certain spot on the upper outer. Although I read its less pip if you pin at 3 oclock if your looking at the quad from above and the top is 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Quads suck. A lot. I’d expect to hobble around for the next couple days.
    Yeah I had no pip at first but then several hours later and into this morning it was bad. Pretty sore. I know it was virgin muscle so hoping itll get better as I pin more.
    Last edited by Wickedg8gt; 12-29-2019 at 11:22 AM.

After doing alot of reading last night on various gear forums and sites, I'm really interested in the whole slin pin thing if it would make injecting easier. I read you shouldnt put more than .5cc subq because the needles arent long enough to hit muscle. But Id love to know everyones thoughts and even some good reads about it.

After doing alot of reading last night on various gear forums and sites, I'm really interested in the whole slin pin thing if it would make injecting easier. I read you shouldnt put more than .5cc subq because the needles arent long enough to hit muscle. But Id love to know everyones thoughts and even some good reads about it.
    Honestly, I don’t trust any gear that isn’t pharma for subq. There is a personal reason for this though. I have really obnoxious ginger skin that treats everything like a horrible invader that must be dealt with, with the full force of my body’s inflammatory responses. I can subq pharma test without issue, but every ugl source gear that I tried results in a pissed off reaction that’s basically like a hornet sting, including the widespread swelling. Made me think I had gotten an infection the first time, but nope, just angry pissy histamine infested skin.

Honestly, I don’t trust any gear that isn’t pharma for subq. There is a personal reason for this though. I have really obnoxious ginger skin that treats everything like a horrible invader that must be dealt with, with the full force of my body’s inflammatory responses. I can subq pharma test without issue, but every ugl source gear that I tried results in a pissed off reaction that’s basically like a hornet sting, including the widespread swelling. Made me think I had gotten an infection the first time, but nope, just angry pissy histamine infested skin.
    I've read the same thing for other people. Thats what I dont want is a big abcess that hinders working out But if Im lean enough I wonder if I can hit IM with a 1/2".

I've read the same thing for other people. Thats what I dont want is a big abcess that hinders working out But if Im lean enough I wonder if I can hit IM with a 1/2".
    Depends on the site and your individual fat storage distribution.

Depends on the site and your individual fat storage distribution.
    Ok. Thank you so much sir. I was just curious. I felt a 1inch needle is to long for delts.

Ok. Thank you so much sir. I was just curious. I felt a 1inch needle is to long for delts.
    Not really. It’s what I use pretty regularly, even when I have full visible vasculature across them. These muscles are a lot thicker than most people think, assuming you’ve ever picked up a weight. I almost never train side delt directly, and 1” works great without hitting anything problematic.

just saying.

easy breezy
    I’ll bet I could do it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I’ll bet I could do it. LOL

Stop taking pictures of your arms right after you finish jerking it. The pump is misleading.

For those of you that hobble with the quads.... try up around the pants pocket area. Works like a charm for me. Down lower and I’m hobbling.

For those of you that hobble with the quads.... try up around the pants pocket area. Works like a charm for me. Down lower and I’m hobbling.

I've heard that same thing about the pants pocket area. Do you still pin on top too or just at top of quad towards groin but on the upper outer?

I've heard that same thing about the pants pocket area. Do you still pin on top too or just at top of quad towards groin but on the upper outer?
    I inject daily so I also use slin pins. Even down low I hobble with slin pins. Anywhere in the pocket area. When I front load, I have 4 slin pins. So I do about 45 degrees and 90 on each leg.

Stop taking pictures of your arms right after you finish jerking it. The pump is misleading.
    Look at the other hand. Also pumped.... it takes two hands. LOL

Gallowmere likes this.

I inject daily so I also use slin pins. Even down low I hobble with slin pins. Anywhere in the pocket area. When I front load, I have 4 slin pins. So I do about 45 degrees and 90 on each leg.

Ok. So let me ask you this. With slin pins, are they long enough to get IM in delts and quads or will it most likely be subq? And even with slins, you still hobble and get pip with quad pins?

I inject twice a week. So 1cc twice. Is the stigmata true that you should pin more than .5cc with slin just incase it is subq? So 1cc oil isnt just sitting underneath skin?

And why do you go in at 45 and 90 on quads?

Arcânn is offline Associate Member
    I also do the pocket area and I have yet to experience even the slightest bit of PIP there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information