pyramid is offline Junior Member

Hemoglobin too high to donate

Hey guys I screwed up and waited too long between blood donations and now my hemoglobin is 20.4. My donation center will not take anyone who is above the value of 20.0. They have given me a 24 hour deferral before I can try to donate again is there anything that I can do to lower my value slightly so that I would qualify for a donation? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Interesting. My donation center will take higher than that. It's possible that another nearby center will take your 20.4 without issue.

The only thing I can think of that might do anything on such short notice is just making sure you're super hydrated.

That said, rolling through a cycle with 20.4 and not donating isn't going to cause any real harm.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Drink plenty of water, dont go in the morning but later in the evening if you can. If its still too high you will need to get a phlebotomy done. Its not a big deal to get done, usually the donation center can order it i think if not ur regular dr can

Thread Information