• 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 1 Post By sv.elia
  • 2 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 2 Post By Cuz
  • 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 2 Post By The God Himself
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: Do you usually write down your diet routine on an appointment book?

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Do you usually write down your diet routine on an appointment book?

I'm disciplining myself to start doing this. I only use Myfitnesspal to track my macronutrients, but I don't have a schedule to note how my body measures, my body weight every week, and foods that make me more muscular and vascularized! Do any of you find it valid to start doing this?

What the shit I posted on the wrong forum
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 12-14-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    How is do move this topic of mine to the general forum?
    Dgs59 likes this.

Blog Entries

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    The phone or an app is handy but for some reason I prefer the pen and note pad.

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    I keep a log with my progressive loading. Every small plate added to my workout also gets on paper.

Not the same story with food.

I tracked my food at some point but I found that I do better when I'm eating what I feel like eating on a certain day. I'm also confused with proteins. Is it 1g per kg / per pound / per kg of lean body mass or per pound of lean body mass? Some online calculators got me above 180g of protein, but that's just too much for me (makes me sluggish). So I do what I want. I'd track my food if it were a profession.
    Last edited by sv.elia; 12-17-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    Test Monsterone likes this.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Never

It’s what keeps me interested in my workouts. I completely randomize my workouts. Plus, from what I hear it’s good to cause muscle confusion < at least, that’s what “they” say

I workout so often(5-10x per week) my muscle groups overlap real well.
    sv.elia and Cuz like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I don’t keep a log either. Food or workout. Never have, never will. You develop your intuition as the years go by. Then eventually you work out what doesn’t hurt or what is lacking. Right now I’m cutting so I just reduced 75% of my carbs, kept everything else the same. If I get cravings at night, I eat an all protein/veggie meal with no carbs.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sv.elia View Post
    I keep a log with my progressive loading. Every small plate added to my workout also gets on paper.

Not the same story with food.

I tracked my food at some point but I found that I do better when I'm eating what I feel like eating on a certain day. I'm also confused with proteins. Is it 1g per kg / per pound / per kg of lean body mass or per pound of lean body mass? Some online calculators got me above 180g of protein, but that's just too much for me (makes me sluggish). So I do what I want. I'd track my food if it were a profession.
    Does not matter!

Our body knows how to feed our living tissue very well (I'm talking about pure lean mass)
    Therefore, I want to say that it is not necessarily necessary to calculate our macronutrients based only on lean body weight (LBM).

Instead of calculating protein intake based on (LBM), we can calculate on total body weight. In kg or pounds!

For muscle building 1.8 to 2.2 grams of protein per kilogram of body, or 1.8-2.2 per pound of body.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    ive never had a workout routine, its always different i mean aside from the basics...im still bulking so i just eat and eat i dont follow a 300/300/100 macro split like some it’s whatever the fuck i can get in that day. This shit is just a hobby for me, dont compete so no need to for a competition diet plan

Make shit fun, not a fucking hassle and chore ffs i have enough of that shit in life. I do this bc i fuckin love looking huge and vascular in the gym thats all i want dont give a fuck about do legs today back tommorow then arms and pin 50 million different goddamn drugs in me every day. For those that do commit i admire them, but its just not for this ole boy
    JaneDoe and Test Monsterone like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Hear hear cuz. Ps the beard is glorious.
    JaneDoe and Cuz like this.

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    Does not matter!

Our body knows how to feed our living tissue very well (I'm talking about pure lean mass)
    Therefore, I want to say that it is not necessarily necessary to calculate our macronutrients based only on lean body weight (LBM).

Instead of calculating protein intake based on (LBM), we can calculate on total body weight. In kg or pounds!

For muscle building 1.8 to 2.2 grams of protein per kilogram of body, or 1.8-2.2 per pound of body.
    That would give you different values for protein intake. If you calculate on pounds you get more protein grams per day.

There must also be a difference between the protein intake required by someone who has say 90kg and single digit bodyfat, and someone who is simply overweight at 90kg and has little lbm.

It's best to know the value for max results and stick with it. Excess protein harms the wallet. Lol

On a side note, I really appreciate people who do it all properly without a log. After I gain more experience I'll do the same.
    Last edited by sv.elia; 12-18-2019 at 01:01 AM.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Diet? No. I would lay it all out as a beginner when I was building one but now I don't even do that unless I'm really trying to science the shyt out of something. I've basically just learned that you can never eat enough so eat and eat and eat some more.

My workouts, however, are meticulously logged. I stop between every set and mark it down. I will otherwise forget what weight/sets/reps I'm asking of myself at the next workout.

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sv.elia View Post
    That would give you different values for protein intake. If you calculate on pounds you get more protein grams per day.

There must also be a difference between the protein intake required by someone who has say 90kg and single digit bodyfat, and someone who is simply overweight at 90kg and has little lbm.

It's best to know the value for max results and stick with it. Excess protein harms the wallet. Lol

On a side note, I really appreciate people who do it all properly without a log. After I gain more experience I'll do the same.
    Good point!
    Most people eat much more protein than they actually need imo. Carbs are key to growth (or cut).

Do you usually write down your diet routine on an appointment book?-bjsports-2018-march-52-6-376-f5.large.jpg

You can see how dots are distributed along the way. Some people will outperform others because they are doing nutrient partitioning much better than others, as digestive system is also affected by genetics. But you can see most people don't need more than 1.6 g per kg. You can also see some people shone at 1.2 g per kg where some lost muscle at more than 2.0 g per kg.
    Excess protein not only harms your wallet but also damages your kidneys and liver in the long run, hinders growth (protein is metabolically a heavy load on our system. It requires energy to break down, it requires energy to get rid of metabolic byproducts..).
    This is a journey where we learn how our bodies react to certain foods, we have to find out what works for us.

Source: https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/52/6/376
    sv.elia and Cuz like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by The God Himself View Post
    Good point!
    Most people eat much more protein than they actually need imo. Carbs are key to growth (or cut).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bjsports-2018-March-52-6-376-F5.large.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	177682

You can see how dots are distributed along the way. Some people will outperform others because they are doing nutrient partitioning much better than others, as digestive system is also affected by genetics. But you can see most people don't need more than 1.6 g per kg. You can also see some people shone at 1.2 g per kg where some lost muscle at more than 2.0 g per kg.
    Excess protein not only harms your wallet but also damages your kidneys and liver in the long run, hinders growth (protein is metabolically a heavy load on our system. It requires energy to break down, it requires energy to get rid of metabolic byproducts..).
    This is a journey where we learn how our bodies react to certain foods, we have to find out what works for us.

Source: https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/52/6/376

This is very good information and what i have always believed ive just never preached on here. I strongly agree with it i think there needs to be a detailed write up and sticki about this if theres not already one.
    The God Himself likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Hear hear cuz. Ps the beard is glorious.
    Thanks brother!

Thread Information