Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashop

Thread: Can Alli (orlistat) be taken if on t4 (levothyroxine) therapy

ns9797 is offline Junior Member

Can Alli (orlistat) be taken if on t4 (levothyroxine) therapy

Wanting to know if adding alli (Orlistat) to cutting stack be ok when on T4 replacement therapy. I hear that orlistat can block or decrease the effectiveness of thyroid medication. Also hear that if taking orlistat and t4 then you should take them at least 4 hours apart. Yes I know why would you want to take orlistat it’s a waist of money and you could shit yourself and have a leaky asshole. That’s only if you eat too much fat. And the reason why I consider adding it is I have a shit tone of it and didn’t need to pay for was just given it. So that’s why I’m considering adding it to help a bit with the cut just like adding anabolics and fat burners for that extra kick. So for the ones that reply with why would you take that I wouldn’t. Ok but your ass is taking everything else’s under the sun for fat loss like clen ,t3 and more. Again only considering adding it since i already have it on hand otherwise I wouldn’t spend the money on it. Just wanting to know if it won’t effect my thyroid med (t4)

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ns9797 View Post
    Wanting to know if adding alli (Orlistat) to cutting stack be ok when on T4 replacement therapy. I hear that orlistat can block or decrease the effectiveness of thyroid medication. Also hear that if taking orlistat and t4 then you should take them at least 4 hours apart. Yes I know why would you want to take orlistat it’s a waist of money and you could shit yourself and have a leaky asshole. That’s only if you eat too much fat. And the reason why I consider adding it is I have a shit tone of it and didn’t need to pay for was just given it. So that’s why I’m considering adding it to help a bit with the cut just like adding anabolics and fat burners for that extra kick. So for the ones that reply with why would you take that I wouldn’t. Ok but your ass is taking everything else’s under the sun for fat loss like clen ,t3 and more. Again only considering adding it since i already have it on hand otherwise I wouldn’t spend the money on it. Just wanting to know if it won’t effect my thyroid med (t4)
    Didn’t find much more than you already know but those appear to be the interactions. “Taking levothyroxine and orlistat at the same time may reduce the blood levels of levothyroxine. You should take these medications at least four hours apart.” -drugs.com

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Didn’t find much more than you already know but those appear to be the interactions. “Taking levothyroxine and orlistat at the same time may reduce the blood levels of levothyroxine. You should take these medications at least four hours apart.” -drugs.com
    That's about all I could come up with as well. You could call your local pharmacy and see if the pharmacist knows anything different.
    Chark likes this.

Thread Information