Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By JaneDoe
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By KINGKONG
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: GREAT FEATURE (appropriate organization of your plan nutrition in the forum.)

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Talking GREAT FEATURE (appropriate organization of your plan nutrition in the forum.)

Well, I was going through the formatting part of the forum, and figuring out some great resources for organizing our diets.

Look below, as it is possible to create a table to record your nutrition plans here in the forum.

MEAL 1 P C F kcal
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    MEAL 2 P C F kcal
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    MEAL 3 P C F kcal
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    MEAL 4 P C F kcal
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    MEAL 5 P C F kcal
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    MEAL 6 P C F kcal
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    food 0 0 0 0
    Total Diet Calories / / / 0
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 01-16-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    GearHeaded and JohnnyBreeze like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    That’s a nice feature, could use it for planning cycles as well.

For nutrition I think it’s a little overkill - I don’t see big guys walking around with notebooks and diagrams of their diets. You instinctively do what your body requires. If I get too fat, I restrict carbs. If I’m too flat, I add more carbs. Simple things. I put this in the same category of those guys at the gym who walk around in their little groups and do all these weird body exercises and things they read about online, but neither one of them look impressive. I feel like if you are about to hop on the Olympia stage, then dial it in maybe and log some shit, but even then the body is constantly changing and some days you need more of X than Y. Having a static nutrition schedule seems like a bad idea.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Well, remember, this feature can also be used to record steroid cycles.
    IMO; Recording what you eat is much more important than steroid cycles.
    Honestly, I prefer to have control over the macronutrient levels I'm consuming on the day. And how much of the (calorie) macronutrients are providing me according to my goal of gaining or losing weight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    That’s a nice feature, could use it for planning cycles as well.

For nutrition I think it’s a little overkill - I don’t see big guys walking around with notebooks and diagrams of their diets. You instinctively do what your body requires. If I get too fat, I restrict carbs. If I’m too flat, I add more carbs. Simple things. I put this in the same category of those guys at the gym who walk around in their little groups and do all these weird body exercises and things they read about online, but neither one of them look impressive. I feel like if you are about to hop on the Olympia stage, then dial it in maybe and log some shit, but even then the body is constantly changing and some days you need more of X than Y. Having a static nutrition schedule seems like a bad idea.

Imo:It is no exaggeration to record everything you eat daily.
    The nutrition, the diet that rules this game of building muscle.
    A guy who doesn't know how much nutrients is providing his to body is just like shooting in the dark.
    But, respecting your strategy, you should be a guy who already knows more or less how much each serving of food is providing in nutrients to you. So that's fine.
    But for most people or even beginners, this will not work for them as they are not sure how much they are eating to build muscle.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

GREAT FEATURE (appropriate organization of your plan nutrition in the forum.)

Nice man!!
    Starting off, journaling is critical.. I believe but, I journaled for so long that I can see something (cause I don’t variate foods much) and guess its macronutrient density..I still measure or weigh occasionally..it’s the journaling that teaches you and makes you commit to memory
    Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JaneDoe likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    personally I don't track that often . main reason is because I'm dealing with diets, macros, and counting stuff for other people all the time as part of my job. but every once in awhile I'll get into a good eating pattern where every day looks and feels about the same and I will just track that one day and see what it comes out as.
    I think this is a good idea. its really easy to fall into patterns and think you know what portions your eating and what macros your eating just by eye balling it . but even someone very good at this can fall off.

I remember a couple years back I was on a pretty decent cycle . my training was on point. but my body did not have that 'pop' and full hard look that I would of expected out of the compounds I was running.
    I decided to track my macros one day.
    come to find out I was only eating like 25% protein but with 30% carbs, and 45% fats . I was surprised .. obviously this was negatively throwing off my nutrient partitioning ability and I was spilling over and looking soft.
    if I would of tracked more often this would not of happened or if I would of had a set plan to begin with rather then going off of feel.

being I'm a coach I think I can just naturally go off of feel because I know my shit pretty damn well ,, but goes to show we all need the right guidelines and directions to follow. it never hurts to have a plan in place and to log and track it
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    personally I don't track that often . main reason is because I'm dealing with diets, macros, and counting stuff for other people all the time as part of my job. but every once in awhile I'll get into a good eating pattern where every day looks and feels about the same and I will just track that one day and see what it comes out as.
    I think this is a good idea. its really easy to fall into patterns and think you know what portions your eating and what macros your eating just by eye balling it . but even someone very good at this can fall off.

I remember a couple years back I was on a pretty decent cycle . my training was on point. but my body did not have that 'pop' and full hard look that I would of expected out of the compounds I was running.
    I decided to track my macros one day.
    come to find out I was only eating like 25% protein but with 30% carbs, and 45% fats . I was surprised .. obviously this was negatively throwing off my nutrient partitioning ability and I was spilling over and looking soft.
    if I would of tracked more often this would not of happened or if I would of had a set plan to begin with rather then going off of feel.

being I'm a coach I think I can just naturally go off of feel because I know my shit pretty damn well ,, but goes to show we all need the right guidelines and directions to follow. it never hurts to have a plan in place and to log and track it

Speaking of which I will log my diet soon in the nutrition forum.

Always something that can be improved, I'm sure of it.

JohnnyBreeze is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for this. It's exactly what my excel spreadsheet looks like. I will definitely check it out.

Thread Information