• 1 Post By SuperDuty04
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Brianwhite745
  • 1 Post By Charlie67
  • 3 Post By SuperDuty04

Thread: Will 26g needles be extremely difficult to draw test into syringe

SuperDuty04 is offline New Member

Will 26g needles be extremely difficult to draw test into syringe

So I’ve got 26g needles coming with my syringes. I don’t think I can legally buy needles/syringes in my state without an rx. I’m just curious if it’s gonna take 15 minutes to draw it into the syringe. My source was kind enough to help me with syringes/needles so I had to take what I could get.

Man I can’t wait to get my gear. I keep running by my storage unit every day hoping it’s sitting in there. Once I do, I’ll probably be pinning in the back of my work van lmao

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    24g takes close to a minute to pull from a 1ml test-e vial so, probably not going to be fun. I use 18g to pull with.
    songdog likes this.

bomb_r2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDuty04 View Post
    So I’ve got 26g needles coming with my syringes. I don’t think I can legally buy needles/syringes in my state without an rx. I’m just curious if it’s gonna take 15 minutes to draw it into the syringe. My source was kind enough to help me with syringes/needles so I had to take what I could get.

Man I can’t wait to get my gear. I keep running by my storage unit every day hoping it’s sitting in there. Once I do, I’ll probably be pinning in the back of my work van lmao
    That's a good way to get cellulitis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Bergytron likes this.

Slick88 is offline New Member
    23 or 26 works just fine. Obviously, an 18g is much easier, but thrrr is no reason you can’t draw with a 26. It’s just slightly slower and you will have to stop more often to release air bubbles

Slick88 is offline New Member
    Cellulitis? Please elaborate on this and why it would cause it

Quote Originally Posted by Slick88 View Post
    Cellulitis? Please elaborate on this and why it would cause it
    It's from unsanitary conditions while pinning. Pretty much u get germs transferred into your body. I had it took a week of anti biotic . I had pinned left outter thigh and I had streaks on the inner part of my leg . I had chills and fever. Of course I didn't know because I had rhabdo

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20370762

Ok cool and thanks!
    And I don’t plan to roll the syringes around on the floor of the van. I’d still follow all safe protocols. My van is extremely clean so don’t see the issue between there or my home.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Ok cool and thanks!
    And I don’t plan to roll the syringes around on the floor of the van. I’d still follow all safe protocols. My van is extremely clean so don’t see the issue between there or my home.
    Van...WTF.

26g will be pretty damn slow going, but far from impossible. Depends on the carrier.
    Charlie67 likes this.

Ok cool and thanks!
    If you carry a syringe and needle around you're asking for trouble. That's a felony with 2 year sentence

SuperDuty04 likes this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    18 to pull
    23 to pin

26 to pull and pin (gonna take a bit of time )
    Poysfxom and SuperDuty04 like this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member

You’re not going to get cellulitis, it’s just going to take all damn day. Check out med vet supply, your can order luer lock syringes (3 cc barrels) with 25 gauge, 1 inch and get a box of 18’s to draw. Easy

I was simply saying I was so eager to get my gear that I probably wouldn’t be able to wait to get home before I did my first pin. I am by no means carrying around my gear or syringes. I had it all shipped to a climate controlled storage locker that I use for my job and where I have all my job related parts and supplies shipped to. Once I get it, I’ll be taking it all home and leaving it.
    But thanks for the replies. Eventually I’ll have to get setup with different needles for pulling and injections. I’m sure it’ll be a PITA. I’ll check my local farm supply store and see what their offerings are.
    bomb_r2 likes this.

CA_DXB_85 is offline Associate Member
    It won't take 15min but it won't be quick.

Just get bigger needles to draw and then switch bad to the one u will inject with. They're dirt cheap

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I frequently pin with 27g in my delts usually a half to full cc, no problems in years of use for the big stuff i use 22g. You’re not going to get cellulitis from using a smaller guage needle thats bullshit.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Super User 4 is offline Associate Member

I draw with 21G and pin with a 23G I try not to go under 21G cause sometimes when the needles are to fat they will chew up the stopper

It's not that you can't pull and pin with a 26G but the thing is because it's oil it's harder for it to pass. The thinner the needle the more time

Brianwhite745 is offline New Member
    Yes it is going to be a pain in the ass. I once ran out of 18G needles and had to draw with 23G. It took about a minute to draw out 1cc of test e. One thing that helped was warming up the fluid by putting it in a bowl of warm water for about a minute
    Poysfxom likes this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use 21 to pull 25 im and slin pins sub q

“The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing” Socrates

I’ll warm it up and see if that makes it a little easier to pull.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Once I do, I’ll probably be pinning in the back of my work van lmao
    I was simply saying I was so eager to get my gear that I probably wouldn’t be able to wait to get home before I did my first pin. I am by no means carrying around my gear or syringes.
    Haha, you can't even make a joke sometimes these days can you? LOL. I knew you were joking.

Do you live near any tractor or farm supply stores? Rural king, Farm-n-Fleet, etc?? If so, just go in and buy a package of 18g from the horse med section. But maybe that's just my state.

Quote Originally Posted by bomb_r2 View Post
    If you carry a syringe and needle around you're asking for trouble. That's a felony with 2 year sentence
    Geez, where do you live? The mere possession of a hypodermic needle does not violate any law in and of itself in my state, just don't carry it with a controlled substance.
    SuperDuty04 likes this.

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I frequently pin with 27g in my delts usually a half to full cc, no problems in years of use for the big stuff i use 22g. You’re not going to get cellulitis from using a smaller guage needle thats bullshit.

His admonishment had nothing to do with needle gauge. It had to do with a likely unsanitary condition present in the back of a work van.

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    My source was kind enough to help me with syringes/needles so I had to take what I could get.
    Just order online. Look around, they're cheap.

Well I picked up 18g needles at my local farm store. The test pull was very easy and the. Switched over to the small needle and pinned in my leg. Was super easy and didn’t feel a thing. Although, my leg is a little sore today. Think mYbe I pushed that shit in a little too fast.
    Poysfxom, Quester and Charlie67 like this.

Arcânn is offline Associate Member
    I draw with a 23G. Big enough to get the job done, but small enough to not destroy the stopper.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    24g takes close to a minute to pull from a 1ml test-e vial so, probably not going to be fun. I use 18g to pull with.
    I don't know if it was the quality of the stopper, but I had some trouble with smaller gauges like that where I would find little pieces of rubber in the oil. When I went up to 22 gauge, that mostly stopped. I still inject with 25 though.

Poysfxom is offline Junior Member
    Yes! I use 21g to inject. I draw with an 18g drawing with 21g is difficult enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I don't know if it was the quality of the stopper, but I had some trouble with smaller gauges like that where I would find little pieces of rubber in the oil. When I went up to 22 gauge, that mostly stopped. I still inject with 25 though.
    Yeah sometimes it happens that the g size chews up the stopper and it's awful to be finding rubber in your oil

Well I picked up 18g needles at my local farm store. The test pull was very easy and the. Switched over to the small needle and pinned in my leg. Was super easy and didn’t feel a thing. Although, my leg is a little sore today. Think mYbe I pushed that shit in a little too fast.
    Good bro! I'm glad it worked out well

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It takes time but I use an insulin needle/syringe.

Thread Information