Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By MPharm
  • 1 Post By ghettoboyd

Thread: How you should actually take oxandrolone

MPharm is offline New Member

How you should actually take oxandrolone

I'd like to greet you with some (I hope useful) thoughts on oxandrolone administration. I've almost graduated from pharmacy, so possibly I'd have some free time and just wanted to join this awesome community, discuss things.

For the highest BV Anavar should be taken on empty stomach with a glass of slightly acidic water (apple vinegar). No milk, no coffee, no tea. Forget about your oatmeal with fruits, nuts and milk and Anavar together. You should also avoid any diuretics during it’s in the system (excess caffeine) because oxandrolone is mainly metabolised and excreted (unchanged as well) by the kidneys (quite unique in the AAS world). To limit its first pass effect, take supplements/drugs that increase hepatocytes integrity (sylimarol comes to mind). Pay attention that it raises your free cortisol despite it has general anti-GCs, weak anti-GR properties - being in a harmony with the circadian rhythm, the biggest dose should be taken in the morning (a second, smaller dose in the soon afternoon). Taking it directly before a workout is quite a nonsense.

The reasons why:

As of most AAS, oxandrolone is a weak acid and we want to limit its possible ionization in the anterior intestine (its BV is actually very high, but just to be sure).
    Any meal ingredients can interact physically and/or chemically with the drug limiting its absorption (the worse are plant mucus, phytochemicals, some of fiber fractions).
    Excess caffeine can increase its excretion rate a ton! I don’t even want to mention prescribed diuretics here.
    You can actually slow down hepatocytes to metabolise drugs so why not to do that in this case.
    All of AAS available have a general anti-GCs effect, but with different mechanisms - oxandrolone is quite unique in this regard.
    Nuclear mechanism of action need time to deliver their final products, taking AAS just before a workout isn’t like taking amphetamine.

Do you feel any GI tract discomfort when taking it on empty stomach?

Drink a minimum 250-300 mL of water when administering the drug.
    Optionally eat a highly-processed carb+protein, low caloric meal (like white rice with whey made on water).

CR500 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks so much for this information. I will be trying Anavar soon so it is good to know I should take it on empty stomach and more in the morning.

Do you have any similar studies on Dianabol ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MPharm View Post
    I'd like to greet you with some (I hope useful) thoughts on oxandrolone administration. I've almost graduated from pharmacy, so possibly I'd have some free time and just wanted to join this awesome community, discuss things.

For the highest BV Anavar should be taken on empty stomach with a glass of slightly acidic water (apple vinegar). No milk, no coffee, no tea. Forget about your oatmeal with fruits, nuts and milk and Anavar together. You should also avoid any diuretics during it’s in the system (excess caffeine) because oxandrolone is mainly metabolised and excreted (unchanged as well) by the kidneys (quite unique in the AAS world). To limit its first pass effect, take supplements/drugs that increase hepatocytes integrity (sylimarol comes to mind). Pay attention that it raises your free cortisol despite it has general anti-GCs, weak anti-GR properties - being in a harmony with the circadian rhythm, the biggest dose should be taken in the morning (a second, smaller dose in the soon afternoon). Taking it directly before a workout is quite a nonsense.

The reasons why:

As of most AAS, oxandrolone is a weak acid and we want to limit its possible ionization in the anterior intestine (its BV is actually very high, but just to be sure).
    Any meal ingredients can interact physically and/or chemically with the drug limiting its absorption (the worse are plant mucus, phytochemicals, some of fiber fractions).
    Excess caffeine can increase its excretion rate a ton! I don’t even want to mention prescribed diuretics here.
    You can actually slow down hepatocytes to metabolise drugs so why not to do that in this case.
    All of AAS available have a general anti-GCs effect, but with different mechanisms - oxandrolone is quite unique in this regard.
    Nuclear mechanism of action need time to deliver their final products, taking AAS just before a workout isn’t like taking amphetamine.

Optionally eat a highly-processed carb+protein, low caloric meal (like white rice with whey made on water).
    great post... feel free to share with us as much as you would like friend....
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MPharm View Post

The reasons why:

Just anavar with an empty stomach? Wondering about Proviron and other orals. Have always thought taking any tablet should be done with food in the stomach. Interesting read...thank you

MPharm is offline New Member
    I'm so glad that I can help you fellas! In my scientific community and a quite huge gym I couldn't find such dedicated, open and wise people like on these forums. The passion drives us.

Many of issues (not all, obviously) discussed above apply to other oral AAS. Pay attention to liver metabolism of vast majority of PEDs - take care of hepatocytes integrity and their antioxidative, secretory function. Not only because of health reasons, but also to limit AAS metabolism [slower metabolism = higher blood concentration = higher desirable therapeutic potential (plus overall slower increase in toxic metabolites in given period of time)]. There're many supplements and food strategies to achieve this. Also, do your cardio! Limit an excess of water/caffeine intake.

The same about oral administration - you shouldn't risk a chemical structure to bind with/adsorb on food components/react chemically. I know, it's common a problem to experience gastric irritation after AAS p.o. intake on empty stomach (probably because of direct AR stimulation in gastric mucosa and/or their slightly acidic properties, but no EBM data on this, just a speculation). You can avoid that by drinking 250-300 mL (maybe more) of a little warm water or taking it with highly processed, low dense food (like overcooked rice with whey protein on water).

Thread Information