• 2 Post By ghettoboyd
  • 3 Post By C27H40O3
  • 2 Post By DocToxin8

Thread: Blood letting / hematocrit

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Blood letting / hematocrit

Hi, long time everyone!

Not doing that much bodybuilding anymore,
    still trying to keep that strength up, but I’m training 6 to 8 hours a week, sometimes just 4 hours, martial arts instead.
    That doesn’t leave to much time for the gym.

Anyway, on TRT now for a while, but cheated a little for a month since test is so much cheaper from friends than from a dr.
    If that’s the cause, or just TRT, which can cause it anyway, or both, but my hematocrit was suddenly at 59.

Don’t like that much. The activity I do during the week means sweating a lot and dehydration can spike HCT even more.

Thus, since I can’t donate blood (rules rules) I have to deal myself.

Yes I’ve already cut the test down, but it wasn’t that high; far below any previous AAS cycle level.
    In fact within what a 15yo potentially could have.

Problem;
    Even though I take some aspirin to prevent clotting; just jamming a 21g needle in a vein will at most give me 2,5dl before clogging. And usually less; 1dl is more average and just 0,5 dl can also happen.

While that means I’ve lost 0,4 liters of blood over 3 days, it doesn’t quite give me the satisfaction I want;
    Which is;
    -losing 0,5L with one needle poke (that’s almost a pint for you English bastards)
    -sitting down a relaxing when I do it; not jabbing that needle in my calf and balancing on it to make gravity increase pressure there

So yes, I figure blood clots because of air, or that some slight suction would fix this issue.

But how to set that up?
    I know this has been debated before but all I have seen doing it has just stuck in a needle and let it drip.

That would work if it didn’t clot.
    If anyone has a bright idea let me know.

Hope you’re all doing well!
    SlammiN, Quester, JaneDoe and 1 others like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Hi, long time everyone!

still trying to keep that strength up, but I’m training 6 to 8 hours a week, sometimes just 4 hours, martial arts instead.

Anyway, on TRT now for a while, but cheated a little for a month since test is so much cheaper from friends than from a dr.
    If that’s the cause, or just TRT, which can cause it anyway, or both, but my hematocrit was suddenly at 59.

Don’t like that much. The activity I do during the week means sweating a lot and dehydration can spike HCT even more.

Yes I’ve already cut the test down, but it wasn’t that high; far below any previous AAS cycle level.

Problem;
    Even though I take some aspirin to prevent clotting; just jamming a 21g needle in a vein will at most give me 2,5dl before clogging. And usually less; 1dl is more average and just 0,5 dl can also happen.

While that means I’ve lost 0,4 liters of blood over 3 days, it doesn’t quite give me the satisfaction I want;
    Which is;
    -losing 0,5L with one needle poke (that’s almost a pint for you English bastards)
    -sitting down a relaxing when I do it; not jabbing that needle in my calf and balancing on it to make gravity increase pressure there

So yes, I figure blood clots because of air, or that some slight suction would fix this issue.

But how to set that up?
    I know this has been debated before but all I have seen doing it has just stuck in a needle and let it drip.

holy crap brother!! its been forever man glad to see you are doing well...I wish I had an answer to your question but ive got nothing just wanted to say hello and WTF?... you just disappeared...stick around...
    JaneDoe and DocToxin8 like this.

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.

Blood letting / hematocrit

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Hi, long time everyone!

Problem;

Which is;

But how to set that up?

How about a mighty vac brake bleeder kit? Modify it to fit your needle. Pump the lever to create vacuum in the canister.

You could put a couple of inches of water in the cup and put the end of your blood tube under the water away from air to stop clotting.

You can get an idea of how the pump works here:

https://youtu.be/KTY2iBkFeV0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by C27H40O3; 01-26-2020 at 08:05 AM.
    JaneDoe, DocToxin8 and Quester like this.

teejey is offline Junior Member
    I do 18guage needle 3 ml barrel with out plunger aimed into a bottle. Gets messy sometimes. Really not that bad.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good to see you’re still going strong Ghetto!
    I’ll try sticking by now and then, it’s been very different cause I’ve gone the legal route for TRT, and that ain’t easy here if you’ve ever used AAS. Started with the gel and while it did work, I kinda felt crap. So Nebido it is.
    And that works just fine. Expensive as fuck tough, so I thought; using just 250mg test e and checking blood 14 days later should give a good read. But no, test was in the high range and hematocrit at 59.
    Not sure if the doc had reacted to the high T if my HCT was fine though. Wasn’t that high.
    Problem is, I was so fucking sure my T would be fine that i immediately followed the blokd test with 500mg test e. And that’s 14 days ago now. And the doc wrote “contact me” on the blood results; with the additional; high T, very clear EPO effect.

And now I either have to come clean, or sorta clean with my doc, or make damn sure my next blood test has T values within OK, and of course; a normal HCT.

The HCT worries me anyway; don’t want a stroke, and the way I train now makes that far more likely than when I was just juicing and building.

But yeah, I’ve been both busy and trying to avoid temptation to juice. Which I’ve actually managed, except the recent fuck up.

And C27; thanks for the tip.

I’ve just tried filling a 1L bottle 3/4 full of water, coupling a syringe to the top with some plastic and tape.
    Then I made stuck a hole at the bottom of the bottle with a needle and coupled a needle to the syringe on top and jabbed that in.

I quickly realized I had to make more holes in the bottle and managed that.
    Then I was just listening to a podcast for 20min while it was dripping.
    Problem was;
    1) I had no idea how much blood I lost. The water became very very red and just knowing that a drip a second means 1-2dl in 20min.
    2) it eventually clogged anyway.

However I learned some lessons;

I should have had more suction/vacuum from the start; yes that won’t stop clogging but greater flow means shorter time anyway.

So just with a similar setup with more suction I can probably get a fair amount.
    The only way to know how much is to collect the water/blood that’s pouring out of the bottle and measure that, as well as the total fluid in the bottle.

I’m gonna look into your idea there.
    I was hoping to make a method without anything else than you can get fairly easily.

Note to all;
    This isn’t exactly safe! Don’t try this.
    It’s not that you’ll bleed to death, that’s unlikely.
    But; you can worst case get a thrombosis/ blood clot in the vein because of damage.
    Thrombosis is exactly what I’m trying to prevent by doing this (or lower the risk),
    but the method can cause it to happen.
    And 15% of venous thromboembolism is fatal;
    10% die before getting to hospital and 5% die even after treatment. It’s serious shit.
    Just know that before you even think about this.

Ok, wish you all a happy weekend and I’ll five an update if I can get this to work at least good enough. I’m up to at least 4,5 dL of blood. God damn if you saw my bathroom; looks like murder.
    Quester and JaneDoe like this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hey Doc! Good to see you!!
    -
    Mine has been high lately too. Immediately upon shedding my 500mL I feel really good, like I just took a benzo.
    -
    I use a 16oz mason jar which is roughly equivalent to 500mL.
    -
    Here, there is a farmer supply store which sells IV starter kits for around $15 (US). They must have heparin or warfarin in the catheter. That's how it is in the hospital.

Thread Information