Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 61
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Lowering Cholesterol Without Statins

  1. #1
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    10,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Lowering Cholesterol Without Statins

    Suggestions?

    So far - I got oat meal

    Yeah - - - - Just got my bw back, shit - all looks great aside from my Lipid Panel is wack & my estradiol is a bit high, but my test is a little over 1k I haven't touched an Ai in quite a while

  2. #2
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,773
    Blog Entries
    1
    I can't take Statins and I have found the best way to control my Cholesterol is by taking Psyllium hucks in my protein shake once a day. Drops it like a rock. I use way more than what the jar says too. One to one and a half heaping tablespoon and in the AM shake is all. I don't like oatmeal. It will get you regular as far as your BMs go fast. Might start slowly and work up to as much as I take. I will "jell" rather quickly so I down the shake.

    Fish oil is good at increasing your good cholesterol and lowing your triglycerides but there is a new medication that is cheap called Vascepa which works even better and is cheap with the coupon and insurance.
    gymffiti likes this.

  3. #3
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,109
    You can do a 24 or 48 hour fast 1-2 times per month.

    Statins are a devil - they don't even actually lower cholesterol. They mask symptoms but if you run bloodwork after taking statins they are artificially lower because the bio markers get impacted.

    They solve one way people get heart attacks but increase risk of CVD. So at best they are reducing one way you get a heart attack but improving another way to get a heart attack.
    transilvania likes this.
    I no longer check my inbox. If you PM me I will not reply.

  4. #4
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,773
    Blog Entries
    1
    I learned something new today. Fish oil can raise your LDL by 45% if it has DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid). I am waiting to get the study showing this but seems to be shown in studies i quickly looked at on NCBI seem to back this up.

    Vascepa being made with pure icosapent ethyl. Might be pitching my fish oil for only Vascepa now. I just spoke with the Vascepa rep who shared this information with me.

    Thanks, Windex for the fast information. I have been hearing more about the benefits of fasting lately.

  5. #5
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    2,289
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    I learned something new today. Fish oil can raise your LDL by 45% if it has DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid). I am waiting to get the study showing this but seems to be shown in studies i quickly looked at on NCBI seem to back this up.

    Vascepa being made with pure icosapent ethyl. Might be pitching my fish oil for only Vascepa now. I just spoke with the Vascepa rep who shared this information with me.

    Thanks, Windex for the fast information. I have been hearing more about the benefits of fasting lately.
    I have never heard that fish oil will raise LDL. I, especially, would always assume the opposite of whatever a drug rep told me.

  6. #6
    IronLiver's Avatar
    IronLiver is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172
    Harmful cholesterol comes from cooked fats, usually cooked plant oils. Cholesterol that the liver forms from raw fat, or cholesterol that we consume in raw foods like eggs, meat, dairy and coconut are all beneficial. As long as you are eating saturated animal fats and avoiding plant oils there's no need to worry, since pretty much all cells in your body is made of cholesterol. It is the cholesterol that the liver makes from cooked fat and cooked cholesterol that’s the problem.

    Scaring people into thinking that having high cholesterol is a bad thing is just another ploy by big pharma to get more people on drugs and stay unhealthy. Your body needs to consume and produce cholesterol in large quantites to stay healthy and there have been numerous examples of people that eat 30+ eggs a day and live very long lives with very high cholesterol.
    Kyle1337, gymffiti and Quester like this.

  7. #7
    teejey's Avatar
    teejey is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    its cold alot
    Posts
    128
    I was just reading about "omegavia" it's apparently supposed to be good enough to break up any shit you have in your arteries. According to Dave palumbo.

    Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Kyle1337's Avatar
    Kyle1337 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by IronLiver View Post
    Harmful cholesterol comes from cooked fats, usually cooked plant oils. Cholesterol that the liver forms from raw fat, or cholesterol that we consume in raw foods like eggs, meat, dairy and coconut are all beneficial. As long as you are eating saturated animal fats and avoiding plant oils there's no need to worry, since pretty much all cells in your body is made of cholesterol. It is the cholesterol that the liver makes from cooked fat and cooked cholesterol that’s the problem.

    Scaring people into thinking that having high cholesterol is a bad thing is just another ploy by big pharma to get more people on drugs and stay unhealthy. Your body needs to consume and produce cholesterol in large quantites to stay healthy and there have been numerous examples of people that eat 30+ eggs a day and live very long lives with very high cholesterol.
    Agree 200%. We've also been following the same understanding of "bad" and "good" cholesterol which was studied over a decade ago. There has been jack shit of recent studies which brings us back to your point of the fats and big pharma to get money.
    Quester likes this.

  9. #9
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    2,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1337 View Post
    Agree 200%. We've also been following the same understanding of "bad" and "good" cholesterol which was studied over a decade ago. There has been jack shit of recent studies which brings us back to your point of the fats and big pharma to get money.
    I'm not absolving Pharma but I also blame public health and the US Dept of Agriculture. The Dept of AG has been demonizing cholesterol, with support from the sugar lobby, for over 50 years.
    -
    The culture of Public Health like to send out warning to a hundred percent of the people even though the advice may apply to very few. For some reason, (just like nurses) they never worry about their cred and we never know what to believe.
    Kyle1337 likes this.

  10. #10
    IronLiver's Avatar
    IronLiver is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1337 View Post
    Agree 200%. We've also been following the same understanding of "bad" and "good" cholesterol which was studied over a decade ago. There has been jack shit of recent studies which brings us back to your point of the fats and big pharma to get money.
    The problem is that as we get older, our bodies can't process cooked fats very well. Usually this starts happening after about the age of 30. It's important as you get older to gradually remove the stored toxic cooked cholesterol from the body. This is cholesterol that comes from fat sources such as margarine, vegetable oils, and hydrogenated oil. You can do this by avoiding plant oils and eating raw fats such as unsalted raw butter, raw eggs, raw milk and cream, raw cheeses, fresh coconut, avocados, etc. Eating foods like this will rid the body of the bad cholesterol, as well as cellulite and other toxic fatty storages.

  11. #11
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,773
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I have never heard that fish oil will raise LDL. I, especially, would always assume the opposite of whatever a drug rep told me.
    Still waiting on the study from the rep, who is a nurse, but a quick search and found that the information was correct. IDK about the 45% increase LDL but there is proof that DHA does reduce triglycerides and increases LDL Cholesterol. "High triglycerides and cholesterol. There's strong evidence that omega-3 fatty acids can significantly reduce blood triglyceride levels. There also appears to be a slight improvement in high-density lipoprotein (HDL, or "good") cholesterol, although an increase in levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") cholesterol also was observed."

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29846653

    https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/79/4/558/4690135

    https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-sup...l/art-20364810
    Quester likes this.

  12. #12
    IronLiver's Avatar
    IronLiver is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I'm not absolving Pharma but I also blame public health and the US Dept of Agriculture. The Dept of AG has been demonizing cholesterol, with support from the sugar lobby, for over 50 years.
    -
    The culture of Public Health like to send out warning to a hundred percent of the people even though the advice may apply to very few. For some reason, (just like nurses) they never worry about their cred and we never know what to believe.
    It's pretty simple really, just do the opposite of what the mainstream medical establishment and Dept of Agriculture tells you to do and you will be right.
    Kyle1337 and Quester like this.

  13. #13
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,773
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by IronLiver View Post
    It's pretty simple really, just do the opposite of what the mainstream medical establishment and Dept of Agriculture tells you to do and you will be right.
    Just do not let your wife suck you into the netflix shows about food. Nothing is safe to eat anymore other than vegetables that you grow yourself.

  14. #14
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by IronLiver View Post
    Harmful cholesterol comes from cooked fats, usually cooked plant oils. Cholesterol that the liver forms from raw fat, or cholesterol that we consume in raw foods like eggs, meat, dairy and coconut are all beneficial. As long as you are eating saturated animal fats and avoiding plant oils there's no need to worry, since pretty much all cells in your body is made of cholesterol. It is the cholesterol that the liver makes from cooked fat and cooked cholesterol thatís the problem.

    Scaring people into thinking that having high cholesterol is a bad thing is just another ploy by big pharma to get more people on drugs and stay unhealthy. Your body needs to consume and produce cholesterol in large quantites to stay healthy and there have been numerous examples of people that eat 30+ eggs a day and live very long lives with very high cholesterol.
    Not trying to be argumentative, but donít you cook the fat in meat?

  15. #15
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,773
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Not trying to be argumentative, but don’t you cook the fat in meat?
    I do, fat in meat tastes good! Ribeye steaks are amazing! Steaks with low-fat while are better for you don't taste as good.

  16. #16
    IronLiver's Avatar
    IronLiver is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Just do not let your wife suck you into the netflix shows about food. Nothing is safe to eat anymore other than vegetables that you grow yourself.
    That's why it's important to go out to cattle and dairy farms and see what the animals are fed. I live near a couple dairy farms where the cows just roarm around on the grass all day in big fields. The old lady there makes the best butter for $1 a lb. I was thinking of reselling this stuff for $10 a lb because it's so good. Fresh caught fish is safe to eat as well. I do not promote eating vegetables and see nothing in vegetables that can't be obtained from eating animal meats, organs, dairy, and eggs. Feed the vegetables to the animals and eat the animals.

  17. #17
    IronLiver's Avatar
    IronLiver is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Not trying to be argumentative, but don’t you cook the fat in meat?
    I only eat raw meat but I would recommend getting leaner cuts of meat without much fat if you are going to cook it. It's better to get fats from eggs, butter, milk, cheese, etc. as the animal fats can often be a bit toxic if the animals are fed a poor diet.

  18. #18
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    10,763
    Blog Entries
    2
    I c


    In conclusion: Don't worry about it & do the best "we" can(more fiber, somewhat cleaner foods)




    It is pretty much what I'm sticking to for the most part anyway



    Thought I'd ask

  19. #19
    JohnnyBreeze's Avatar
    JohnnyBreeze is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Still waiting on the study from the rep, who is a nurse, but a quick search and found that the information was correct. IDK about the 45% increase LDL but there is proof that DHA does reduce triglycerides and increases LDL Cholesterol. "High triglycerides and cholesterol. There's strong evidence that omega-3 fatty acids can significantly reduce blood triglyceride levels. There also appears to be a slight improvement in high-density lipoprotein (HDL, or "good") cholesterol, although an increase in levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") cholesterol also was observed."

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29846653

    https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/79/4/558/4690135

    https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-sup...l/art-20364810
    DHA will raise your LDL by that margin when taken alone or without significantly more EPA in the preparation than DHA. So if you are going to buy fish oil and you see that the EPA and DHA are the same or very close, move on to another brand that has a higher ratio of EPA to DHA - as high as you can find. Also, another problem with fish oil was that a lot of brands were tested and the amounts of Omega-3's were much lower than claimed. The study blamed it on the fish oil going rancid, not necessarily the brand using deceptive labeling. I wish I could find it so I can post the link - I will try. The brands that tested correctly usually were refrigerated, so it's always a good idea to look for refrigerated fish oil.

    Vascepa looks very promising. There are few and minor side effects except for the atrial fibrillation. I need to read the info from the company to see how many patients experienced AF in trials and if it's a significant or minor amount. Either way, if you are prone to AF, it's something to be aware of when deciding whether to take this drug or not. Like with a any other medication that has a potentially severe side effect, starting at the lowest dose possible and titrating up will reduce the chances of experiencing side effects. David LoPan, thank you for posting about this drug. I had never heard of it until now, and I am always looking for ways to keep my lipids in check after getting them back to normal from being high for years while I was severely overweight and sedentary due to many back and neck surgeries.

    My lipids where high, HDL low, I was pre-diabetic, and my inflammation markers were off the chart. My C-Reactive protein was a 24 - a 3 or above puts you at a much higher risk for a heart attack. After switching to a vegetarian low glycemic diet (I eat meat on special occasions about once every 6-8 months, no more), for only three months, my last bloodwork showed everything in the normal range. I didn't even do any type of exercise other than walking my dogs for a little longer every other day, and I even started TRT at at the same time at 100mg of Test-C per week, which in itself could have made my lipids worse. Steamed broccoli with my own seasoning blend (lots of smoked paprika, some cayenne pepper, a small amount of black pepper, and a smaller amount of salt) was what I eat the most of. I also eat plain steal cut oatmeal for breakfast, because I love the taste. I don't use psyllium, but whether that or veggies, the lowered cholesterol is all mostly from the fiber, especially soluble fiber.

    I use my insta-pot to steam fresh broccoli and colorful bell peppers when I have time to make it at home. It is so easy, 1.5-2 cups water, as much vegetables as I can fit in the aftermarket IP colander, press the high pressure button, and set the timer to three minutes. All together it takes about 7-10 minutes before the IP is completely finished from heat up, to done being steamed. When I am on the run or traveling, I use the microwaveable steam bag brands (in the cooled section, not frozen) and love them. There's nothing wrong with frozen and it's cheaper, but I found the refrigerated brands to taste the best. Also, for when I have the time to steam fresh vegetables with the IP, they taste even better and are much less expensive. I'm beginning to experiment with other foods such as sweet potatoes and organic wild rice. The IP makes cooking for people who don't know how, a lot easier.
    Last edited by JohnnyBreeze; 01-29-2020 at 08:58 AM. Reason: misspellings
    Quester likes this.

  20. #20
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    I do, fat in meat tastes good! Ribeye steaks are amazing! Steaks with low-fat while are better for you don't taste as good.
    I prefer Kobe beef (well done).

  21. #21
    JohnnyBreeze's Avatar
    JohnnyBreeze is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by IronLiver View Post
    I do not promote eating vegetables and see nothing in vegetables that can't be obtained from eating animal meats, organs, dairy, and eggs. Feed the vegetables to the animals and eat the animals.
    Well, there's fiber for one. With no fiber at all, you're basically asking for colon cancer at an earlier age, plus lots of red meat has been shown over and over again to promote colon cancer and heart disease, so that's a double whammy. Then there's polyphenols such as lignans that help protect against heard disease and diabetes.. There's beta-glucan which is a type of fiber so I guess I already mentioned that. Anthocyanins, which are the pigments in bright colored vegetables and fruits. Flavanoids that reduce again heart disease and colon cancer. And there's quite a few other beneficial chemicals found in vegetables that meat and dairy do not have that I can't remember off hand. I'm not saying that eating a strictly plant based diet is for everyone because there are some things that meat and dairy have that vegetables don't, but saying that there's nothing in vegetables that can't be obtained from eating meat and dairy is completely false. Eating no vegetables in lieu of a completely meat and dairy based diet is dangerous, much more dangerous than the opposite of eating a pure plant based diet.
    Last edited by JohnnyBreeze; 01-29-2020 at 09:24 AM. Reason: misspellings
    Quester likes this.

  22. #22
    JohnnyBreeze's Avatar
    JohnnyBreeze is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by IronLiver View Post
    I only eat raw meat but I would recommend getting leaner cuts of meat without much fat if you are going to cook it. It's better to get fats from eggs, butter, milk, cheese, etc. as the animal fats can often be a bit toxic if the animals are fed a poor diet.

    I don't quite understand, you're saying to avoid the fat in meats because animal fats can be toxic if the animals are fed a poor diet, but butter, milk, and cheese all have those same animal fats in them. Butter and cheese are almost pure animal fats from the same source you're saying to avoid, and most toxins are transferred to the milk of any mammal. I'm not trying to be confrontational, I just don't understand the suggestion.
    Last edited by JohnnyBreeze; 01-29-2020 at 09:28 AM. Reason: misspellings

  23. #23
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    10,763
    Blog Entries
    2
    Back to square 1.1 - lots of fibre

  24. #24
    IronLiver's Avatar
    IronLiver is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBreeze View Post
    Well, there's fiber for one. With no fiber at all, you're basically asking for colon cancer at an earlier age, plus lots of red meat has been shown over and over again to promote colon cancer and heart disease, so that's a double whammy. Then there's polyphenols such as lignans that help protect against heard disease and diabetes.. There's beta-glucan which is a type of fiber so I guess I already mentioned that. Anthocyanins, which are the pigments in bright colored vegetables and fruits. Flavanoids that reduce again heart disease and colon cancer. And there's quite a few other beneficial chemicals found in vegetables that meat and dairy do not have that I can't remember off hand. I'm not saying that eating a strictly plant based diet is for everyone because there are some things that meat and dairy have that vegetables don't, but saying that there's nothing in vegetables that can't be obtained from eating meat and dairy is completely false. Eating no vegetables in lieu of a completely meat and dairy based diet is dangerous, much more dangerous than the opposite of eating a pure plant based diet.
    There is absolutley zero benefit to eating fiber, it is simply indigestable plant material. Cooked fiber robs the blood and intestines of available fats and causes dryness, irritability and usually lethargy. You can read all fancy studies but when you look at indeginous cultures that eat diets of only meat and dairy without any fiber, they don't get cancer and live long happy lives.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBreeze View Post
    I don't quite understand, you're saying to avoid the fat in meats because animal fats can be toxic if the animals are fed a poor diet, but butter, milk, and cheese all have those same animal fats in them. Butter and cheese are almost pure animal fats from the same source you're saying to avoid, and most toxins are transferred to the milk of any mammal. I'm not trying to be confrontational, I just don't understand the suggestion.
    The toxins are stored in the fat of an animal, they are not transferred into the milk which would harm the infant. Butter and cheese are made from milk.

  25. #25
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is online now HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,601
    How about posting your full lipid panel?
    Quester likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  26. #26
    JohnnyBreeze's Avatar
    JohnnyBreeze is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    99
    There is absolutley zero benefit to eating fiber, it is simply indigestable plant material. Cooked fiber robs the blood and intestines of available fats and causes dryness, irritability and usually lethargy. You can read all fancy studies but when you look at indeginous cultures that eat diets of only meat and dairy without any fiber, they don't get cancer and live long happy lives.
    Wow, I'm not sure how to even proceed based on your responses. This is science and facts that have been proven over and over again by observation. Do you even know what fiber is? Yes it is plant matter, but there is soluble fiber and insoluble. Both are very beneficial. Soluble fiber enters the bloodstream and to put it in simple terms, one of the things it does is "clear out" the "bad cholesterol". It does this by binding to bile acids and prevents them from being absorbed into your system. Bile acids are made of cholesterol (among other things), so when there is less bile acid being absorbed, your cholesterol in your bloodstream goes down because your liver uses it to produce more bile acids. More soluble fiber and the cycle repeats.

    Whether fiber is cooked or not has no impact on what it does. Yes insoluble fiber can adsorb (not absorb) fats rendering them indigestible, but that is not necessarily a bad thing unless you take a lot of fiber and your fish oil or flax oil at the same time. We're not talking about adsorbing grams and grams of fat, if that were the case then when low fat diets were all the rage in the 80's and 90's, nobody would have been without a ton of psyllium. When you say it robs the intestine of fats, it's more like it takes a few coins out of the "Help A Child In Africa" donation jar at the gas station. Also, insoluble fiber helps clear toxins from the colon by adsorbing them as well, that's one of the way it helps digestion and helps prevent colon and other types of cancers.

    Please state the names of cultures that only eat meat and dairy what area they are indigenous to. I will show you that there are plants they are consuming in their diet which are providing fiber.

    The toxins are stored in the fat of an animal, they are not transferred into the milk which would harm the infant. Butter and cheese are made from milk.
    Again, I'm just at a loss here. If fats are not transferred into milk of mammals fro the mammals themselves, then how do they get there? For example, in cows, while some of the fat is synthesized by the mammary glands the rest is from "lipolysis of adipose tissue". So, during lipolysis of existing fat tissue, toxins can be released and end up in the milk, and yes if there are enough toxins they can harm the infant.

    You know just enough to not know what it is you're talking about, which is dangerous. I really would like to know what you base these incorrect assumptions off of, but if I'm trying inform and have a conversation with a person who doesn't respect science and facts, I'm done.
    Last edited by JohnnyBreeze; 01-29-2020 at 11:16 AM. Reason: damn misspellings.
    Timiaans and Quester like this.

  27. #27
    JohnnyBreeze's Avatar
    JohnnyBreeze is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    99
    Here you go KelKel.

    Lipid Profile.pdf

    This was a few months ago, and I've increased my activity a lot without changing my diet, so I have to imagine that my numbers are at least a little better.

  28. #28
    IronLiver's Avatar
    IronLiver is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBreeze View Post
    Please state the names of cultures that only eat meat and dairy what area they are indigenous to. I will show you that there are plants they are consuming in their diet which are providing fiber.
    The Inuit, eskimos and other indigenous tribes which live in the arctic regions of Greenland, Canada and Alaska have not eaten vegitbales for centuries since they of course don't grow in the arctic. In the early 1900's many people went to meet the Inuit and found that they don't eat plants, don't have cancer, have many children and are much healthier than the westerners that eat a diet of processed foods.

  29. #29
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    10,763
    Blog Entries
    2
    Well,



    My thoughts on fiber: We eat crap, it helps remove the crap that we eat



    I'm not in a position to hunt deer, byson or even caribou
    C27H40O3 likes this.

  30. #30
    IronLiver's Avatar
    IronLiver is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Well,

    My thoughts on fiber: We eat crap, it helps remove the crap that we eat


    I'm not in a position to hunt deer, byson or even caribou
    I thought it was pretty common knowledge that the human body requires no vegetable or grain fibers to function perfectly. The only thing you will crap out is the fiber if you eat fiber. Meat, eggs and other saturated animal fats are easily digested and absorbed into your body and therefor you don't need to crap as often, if you eat carbohydrates which are not digestable, then you will crap all time.

  31. #31
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,773
    Blog Entries
    1
    As we get older that fiber plays a bigger part in colon health. Family history of high cholesterol and polyps. Been getting the colonoscopy thing done since I was 35, now 51, and the GI doctor said that fiber is one of the most important things men can consume for preventing polyps and cancer. If you are over 40, some insurance say 50, its time for you to set up this appointment. I would suggest being put to sleep for this but it is the prep that is the worst part.

    I don't eat vegetables but I do have a freezer full of deer and grass range cattle in my freezer. They say Vit B Nician helps with cholesterol but no matter what brand or how little I take that shit sets my skin on fire. If you cant hunt yourself, ask a hunter if they have extra deer meat. Every year I give deer meat away. Bison meat can be purchased at some butcher shops but it is not cheap. My favorite meat is elk. I know a guy that hunts them and I help pay to have it processed and get it for nearly nothing.

  32. #32
    JohnnyBreeze's Avatar
    JohnnyBreeze is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by IronLiver View Post
    The Inuit, eskimos and other indigenous tribes which live in the arctic regions of Greenland, Canada and Alaska have not eaten vegitbales for centuries since they of course don't grow in the arctic. In the early 1900's many people went to meet the Inuit and found that they don't eat plants, don't have cancer, have many children and are much healthier than the westerners that eat a diet of processed foods.
    Here you idiot, an exerpt from the very first page that came up when I searched your claim. It contradicts the only culture you could come up, and you were even wrong when you said they don't eat fiber. They do, it's just a lot lower because they can only pick berries and other small plants during the summer months. Yes the human body can survive without fiber and vegetables though adaptation, but like the article says, it is designed to thrive with them. And isn't what this entire board is about, having your body thrive at the highest possible level.

    Move on to another subject because when it comes to this, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. You know what though, this is my fault, I just said that I was done with someone who refuses to accept facts and science, but I kept on and got into a stupid internet argument with an idiot who, know matter how much evidence and facts are presented to him nor how much knowledge and experience the person who is trying to educate him has, will not accept anything but his own point of view. I should have said this earlier: You know just enough, to think you know what you are talking about. I wish you luck with everything you hope to achieve, but really, I'm really done with this.

    There Is No Eskimo Paradox

    The human being is designed to thrive on a diet of starches, vegetables and fruits. The Eskimo experience serves as a testament to the miraculous strengths and adaptability of our bodies. We can survive on raw and cooked meat, but we thrive on starches, vegetables and fruits. These hardy people survived living at the edge of the nutritional envelope, but not in good health. Here are some of the health costs they paid:

    Eskimos Suffer from Atherosclerosis
    Claims that Eskimos were free of heart (artery) disease are untrue. A thorough review of the evidence concludes that “Eskimos have a similar prevalence of CAD (coronary artery disease) as non-Eskimo populations, they have excessive mortality due to cerebrovascular strokes, their overall mortality is twice as high as that of non-Eskimo populations, and their life expectancy is approximately 10 years shorter than the Danish population.”

    Mummified remains of Eskimos dating back 2,000 years have shown extensive hardening of the arteries throughout their brains, hearts and limbs; as a direct consequence of following a carnivorous diet of birds, caribou, seals, walrus, polar bears, whales, and fish. The June 1987 issue of National Geographic magazine carried an article about two Eskimo women, one in her twenties and the other in her forties, frozen for five centuries in a tomb of ice. When discovered and medically examined they both showed signs of severe osteoporosis and also suffered extensive atherosclerosis, “probably the result of a heavy diet of whale and seal blubber.”

    Eskimos Suffer from Severe Bone Loss
    Their low-calcium diet and lack of sunshine (vitamin D) are only minor factors contributing to the extensive osteoporosis found in recent and ancient Eskimos. Alaskan Eskimos older than age 40 have been found to have a 10% to 15% greater deficit in bone mineral density compared to Caucasians in the US. This research published in 1974 on 107 elderly people concluded, “Aging bone loss, which occurs in many populations, has an earlier onset and greater intensity in the Eskimos. Nutritional factors of high protein, high nitrogen, high phosphorus, and low calcium intakes maybe implicated.”

    Protein, and especially animal protein, consumed in excess of our needs places serious burdens on the body. The liver and kidneys work hard to process the excess protein and excrete its byproducts along with the urine. As a result of this extra work, Eskimos have been reported to have an enlarged liver while living on meat, and to produce larger than average volumes of urine in order to excrete the byproducts of protein metabolism. The bones also play a role in managing excess animal protein (acidic by nature) by neutralizing large amounts of dietary acids. In this process bone structure and bone mineral content are lost through the kidney system, depleting the bones into a condition called osteoporosis.

    Parasite Infections
    Diseases of animals are readily transmitted to humans when eaten. One example is trichinosis (an infection with the roundworm Trichinella spiralis), which is found in about 12% of older Eskimos; a result of eating raw and infected walrus, seal, and polar bear meat. In most cases this parasite infestation causes no symptoms, but illness and death can result.

    Meat-derived Chemical Pollution
    Since the 1970s the diet of the Eskimo has contained high levels of toxic, organic pollutants and heavy metals. These lipophilic chemicals are attracted to and concentrated in the fatty-tissues of land and sea animals. As a direct result of the traditional Eskimo diet (now contaminated by industry wastes), the bodies of these Arctic people contain the highest human concentrations of environmental chemicals found anywhere on Earth: “levels so extreme that the breast milk and tissues of some Greenlanders could be classified as hazardous waste.” Eskimo women have been found to have levels of PCBs in their breast milk five to ten times higher than women in southern Canada. These chemicals cause and promote many forms of cancer and cause brain diseases, including Parkinson’s disease.

    Nutrition Has Gone Downhill for the Eskimo

    The notion that consuming meat, fish, and fish oil will promote health and healing has captured the attention of the scientific community in large part because of the misinterpretation** of the Eskimo experience. But life has gotten worse for the Eskimo. Over the past 50 years their traditional diet has been further modified with the addition of western foods. Rather than using a hook, spear, or club to catch their meal, as in the past, people living in this part of the world use the “green lure” (the dollar bill) and catch their meals through an open car window at the local fast-food restaurant. Obesity, type-2 diabetes, tooth decay, and cancers of the breast, prostate, and colon have been added to the Eskimo’s traditional health problems of artery disease, bone loss, and infectious diseases.

    People living in the frozen north these days have heated homes and drive around in comfortable SUVs. The challenging environment their ancestors barely survived through required a carnivorous diet. Those days of needing 3100 calories a day to counter the freezing cold and hunt for dinner are gone. The idea that current epidemics of obesity and sickness in these Northern people would be best fixed by returning to the old ways of carnivorous diet would not work unless they also returned to living in igloo homes and hunted their lands for every meal. Physicians and dietitians now caring for these people suffering from the western diet with the addition of too much traditional food (ancestral meat) should be prescribing a starch-based diet to help them lose excess weight and cure common dietary diseases.

    *The term “Eskimo” comes from a Native American word that may have meant “eater of raw meat.” The word “Eskimo” has come to be considered offensive, especially in Canada. Many prefer the name “Inuit,” which means “the people” or “real people.” However, “Eskimo” is the term used in the scientific and historical literature and will be used here.

    **Misinterpretation is easy to spread because:

    1) People love to hear good news about their bad habits.

    2) Nutritional “facts,” even when false and harmful, are used to sell meat, fish, and other foods.

    3) The media loves headlines that sell their products, like “The Eskimo Diet proves Meat’s Good.”

  33. #33
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,773
    Blog Entries
    1
    [/QUOTE]**Misinterpretation is easy to spread because:

    1) People love to hear good news about their bad habits.

    2) Nutritional “facts,” even when false and harmful, are used to sell meat, fish, and other foods.

    3) The media loves headlines that sell their products, like “The Eskimo Diet proves Meat’s Good.”[/QUOTE]

    I would have to agree! if you look at most studies, they are conducted or funded by the industries that are trying to promote things.

    https://www.mic.com/articles/145634/...d-studies-lies
    Finding #8: Concord grape juice can make you a better driver.

  34. #34
    IronLiver's Avatar
    IronLiver is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBreeze View Post
    Here you idiot, an exerpt from the very first page that came up when I searched your claim. It contradicts the only culture you could come up, and you were even wrong when you said they don't eat fiber. They do, it's just a lot lower because they can only pick berries and other small plants during the summer months. Yes the human body can survive without fiber and vegetables though adaptation, but like the article says, it is designed to thrive with them. And isn't what this entire board is about, having your body thrive at the highest possible level.
    In order to learn the truth, you will need to dive deeper than the first page of google. Anyways, I do not know what any of this had to do with cholesterol? You are trying to argue the importance of fiber, which has nothing to do with cholesterol. Cholesterol is found only in animals and therefore the only way for you to get it is by eating animals.

  35. #35
    C27H40O3 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    467

  36. #36
    IronLiver's Avatar
    IronLiver is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    All of the athletes in this movie made their gains on meat. They went vegan later and are giving veganism the credit.

  37. #37
    Kyle1337's Avatar
    Kyle1337 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    This is the dumbest fucking video lmao

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,776
    Quote Originally Posted by IronLiver View Post
    Cholesterol is found only in animals and therefore the only way for you to get it is by eating animals.
    that statement has to be a completely false

    You are saying that if we tested a vegan's blood that they would have a zero cholesterol reading?????

  39. #39
    IronLiver's Avatar
    IronLiver is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    that statement has to be a completely false

    You are saying that if we tested a vegan's blood that they would have a zero cholesterol reading?????
    Vegans are animals, so naturally they are made of cholesterol just like all other animals. Your liver and other cells in your body produce about 75 percent of the cholesterol in your blood. The other 25 percent of cholesterol comes from foods. A vegans liver doesn't function optimally due to a diet that lacks a ton of nutrients, so they can't produce as much good cholesterol as someone that consumes meats and saturated animal fats. Nor do they get the extra cholesterol that comes from eating animals.

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Finding
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    I learned something new today. Fish oil can raise your LDL by 45% if it has DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid). I am waiting to get the study showing this but seems to be shown in studies i quickly looked at on NCBI seem to back this up.

    Vascepa being made with pure icosapent ethyl. Might be pitching my fish oil for only Vascepa now. I just spoke with the Vascepa rep who shared this information with me.

    Thanks, Windex for the fast information. I have been hearing more about the benefits of fasting lately.

    In the 1970s, two Danish surgeons, Hans Olaf Bang and Jorn Dyerberg, published a study based on their visit to northern Greenland, in the Arctic Circle. According to them, the diet of the natives of that place, based on fish and fat from whales and other animals, would help in the prevention of heart disease. Hans and Jorn concluded this by noting low rates of coronary heart disease and deaths from it among residents of the region.


    As a result, the sale of supplements made with fish oil and the consumption of the animal have been systematically recommended and seen as beneficial. However, in a publication in the respected Huffington , surgeon Dr. Neal Barnard presents a series of studies that have failed to demonstrate the ability of fish oil to prevent heart disease over the years.


    Also according to Dr. Neal's article, data collected over decades in controlled studies show that coronary heart disease is common among Eskimos, perhaps even more than in other populations. The life expectancy of these natives, contrary to what is preached, is up to ten years less than that of other peoples.


    Researchers at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Canada, returned to the original study of the Danes to try to understand which method was used at the time and why it differs so much from the most recent results. To the Canadians' surprise, instead of studying the Eskimo population directly, Hans and Jorn analyzed death data and hospital admission records. In remote areas such as where Eskimos live, these data are far from showing reliable results.


    Therefore, the idea that fish consumption is beneficial to health comes, in large part, from a flawed study that has been accredited by health professionals for over 30 years, making it popular and acceptable.
    Quester likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •