• 1 Post By Super User 4
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Proximal

Thread: Bilirubin

Proximal is offline Banned

Bilirubin

All my retests of my BW normalized but my bilirubin is still high. Took the BW 6 weeks post cycling. Was only using light doses of var along with test.

I’ve gone along with all of my doctors consults thus far to appease him, but I don’t want more MD visits and BW at this time.

Any thoughts, TY.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    How high is it and are you a big drinker? Were you on any liver support while on cycle?

Tudca I think is the best liver support and then NAC. These are the only two drugs that I have seen at the hospital that are given to patients that you can get OTC. It's fine to take both at the same time as well. Tudca is a little more expensive so I only will take it on cycle but I do take NAC all year.

Hope this helps.
    Proximal likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with LoPan and have other info to offer.
    -
    I'm sure you googled high bilirubin so I wont repeat that info-Jaundice and Gilbert's Syndrome among other bits of info.
    -
    If you're LFTs are not high, it is hard to see how the liver is a problem. Something good for liver is IM Glutathione, your doc can write a script and you can get it from a compounding pharmacy. You can also get IV Glutathione administered at a boutique clinic. I had one followed by b-vitamins and it helped me feel much better after I had the flu for a few weeks.
    -
    In the NICU, they put the kids under sunlamps to bring down bilirubin. And, there are other treatments, such an infusion of Immunoglobulin (spelling).
    -
    It seems that all of the medications that cause high bilirubin do so through damaging the liver.
    -
    I would go donate blood and then go another place next week and say I hadn't in 60 days in addition to considering other treatments.
    Proximal likes this.

TY Gents!

2.5 is the level. Normally I am 1.5-1.7 because I have Gilbert’s.

I drink like a fish, not proud, as it is an issue, but likely not going away.

The drinking never raised it this high before, so I’m hoping it’s the oral AAS (also used Dbol & Adrol this year).

I may turn a blind eye to this due to addiction & denial & wait and see if i get jaundice.

Ditching any orals, going to start with liver supplements (no, I didn’t run them diligently on cycle).

I’m old, have lived well, if the liver fails, I deserve it, lol.

Super User 4 is offline Associate Member
    Bro just turn down the drinking and all the things that won't be helping you out on it. Get your levels back in place and you can go for it again if you want to. Better to keep it healthy always
    Proximal likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Prox,

Research Glutathione, IM at home and IV in a boutique, it has been proven successful in treating liver disease.
    -
    Old BBs used choline with inositol for liver detox. I'm not sure the dosage but think it was in equal amounts at 2500mg/day (multiple daily doses). You'll want to research the correct dosage.
    Proximal likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    How high is it and are you a big drinker? Were you on any liver support while on cycle?

Tudca I think is the best liver support and then NAC. These are the only two drugs that I have seen at the hospital that are given to patients that you can get OTC. It's fine to take both at the same time as well. Tudca is a little more expensive so I only will take it on cycle but I do take NAC all year.

Hope this helps.
    I feel TIDCA and NAC work hand in hand because they each effect different aspects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proximal and Quester like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You were taking an oral while testing blood. A big no no.
    I know var is not that bad on the liver .... whatever that means.
    I think your fine but if you want to test again make sure your completely off orals and do not drink the night before.
    Milk thistle is also good, but do not take it while cycling. I have read that milk thistle will inhibit your androgen receptor and therefore affect the potency of your cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proximal and Quester like this.

TY Charger (and all) for your input. To clarify, I was 6 weeks past using anything but TRT that I ran my blood work.

I’m just doing TRT for now, taking the NAC and Milk Thistle & will retest.

Do to the fact that I will likely drink till I die, I’ll drop further oral usage in future cycles. I know this seems contradictory to the nature of this forum, but at my age, the habit is too engrained & frankly gives my manic brain a lot of peace at night.

Trust me, if I do end up with liver disease down the road, I’ll be the first person to tell myself that I deserve it.

Thanks again guys, greatly appreciate your input!
    Quester likes this.

Thread Information