Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Huher
  • 2 Post By Livinlean
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Slow acting insulin and fats

Huher is offline Associate Member

Question Slow acting insulin and fats

How many grams of fat is considered too much when using slin?

I know that fats should be avoided when using slin. I use long acting lantus 20iu first thing in the morning, it's duration is 20-24 hours, and that's impossible not to consume fats during the whole day.
    My fat intake is 40g of peanut butter in the morning (20g fat) and 30ml flaxseed oil with my last meal before bed, and 300ml milk twice a day (2x8g fat).

Should I leave these or it's not an issue?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    the only reason to avoid fat is when taking a rapid acting insulin like Humalog post workout.. the fat will slow down the absorption of your carbs and you will risk going hypo.

other then that reason, fats are perfectly fine when using insulin. the whole idea that dietary fats when using insulin will make the insulin store those fats as body fat is total bro science . fact is, fats can be stored as fat without insulin anyways. insulin is a glucose disposing hormone first and foremost, not a fat storage hormone.
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 02-04-2020 at 07:51 PM.
    Huher and Livinlean like this.

Fully satisfying reply as always, thank you GH
    GearHeaded likes this.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Each of my meals have 20-30 grams of fat, 6 meals for a total of 168g of fat daily.

My last bulk my fats were a tiny bit higher with lantus and humalog in the mix at high dosages and I did not get fat. I did however get extremely bloated from the 1000g of carbs daily but not "fat" by any means.

Like GH said, the myth is complete bro science. In a RX muscle episode dave palumbo claimed to have been the first one to make that claim (not sure if true or not) years ago and he admitted that he was wrong and it was bro science.
    GearHeaded and Huher like this.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Are you diabetic?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Are you diabetic?
    I doubt he is .. he is likely using long acting insulin like Lantus , because he is bulking and he is probably running HGH (or MK677) as well , which are both hyper glycemic. the lantus is not only going to provide for glucose control , but will also be synergistic and add growth factors and additional hepatic IGF .. its a 'win win' cause he is keeping his health in check with keeping his blood sugars under control , while still illiciting gains
    Huher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Are you diabetic?
    I'm not diabetic
    I use it for bulking with mk-677 and aas

Thread Information