• 5 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Chark
  • 1 Post By andrea311
  • 1 Post By Chark
  • 1 Post By Chark

Thread: 1st cycle updates - Help!

andrea311 is offline New Member

1st cycle updates - Help!

So I'm through week 8 of my 1st cycle (testosterone enanthate only, 500mg/week) and so far I haven't had any side effects whatsoever. Which is great. The thing is I haven't noticed any benefits either...
    My libido is the same as usual. I haven't noticed any increase in strength (maybe just a little). And I haven't gained much weight (just 2 kg).

Yes, I did bloodwork pre and mid-cycle, so I know my gear is legit based on my testosterone levels .
    Yes, I'm eating well. I've been on Paleo Diet for the last 2 years. Currently this is what I eat:
    Breakfast: 6 eggs + mango (or banana or another fruit)
    Lunch: 400 gr. beef/chicken + 70/80 gr. rice (or 200 gr. sweet potato) + vegetables
    Afternoon: 40 gr. whey + banana (or 50 gr. gluten free oats) + 30 gr. almonds/cashews/hazelnuts
    Dinner: 400 gr. beef/fish + 1 avocado + vegetables
    Last Meal before bed: 30 gr. whey + 30 gr. almonds/cashews/hazelnuts

I'm 29 y.o., have been lifting for 8 years, I'm 180cm x 76kg, body fat 10%.
    I'm not big, but I like my physique and I only wanted to bulk a little bit and see what I could achieve with a little "help".

Could you guys give me some advice? Has anybody else experienced this lack of results from their 1st cycle? Should I finish the 12 weeks anyway?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
    Last edited by andrea311; 03-09-2020 at 12:12 PM.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    you don't state your Test dosage .

also, your ONLY eating like 50 grams of starchy carbs per day . your not going to put on any size, muscle, or strength with carbs that low.
    eat more. WAY more! bump your starchy carbs up to at least 300 grams per day and then you'll likely start seeing gains.
    one of the main benefits of Testosterone /Androgens, is the ability to super compensate glycogen stores and thus increase muscle size and strength capacity . but you need the raw material , ie the carbs/glucose in order to accomplish this .

your only eating one small serving of rice or potato per day . thats nothing.. try eating 6 large servings of starchy carbs per day, not one tiny one

your diet is a 45 kilo bikini model diet ,, not a bodybuilder diet
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 03-09-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Chark is offline Member
    Did you end up using an AI? I remember you from a thread discussing its usage.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    you don't state your Test dosage .
    500 mg/week

Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Did you end up using an AI? I remember you from a thread discussing its usage.
    I had stopped until my mid-cycle bloodwork. Then my E2 levels were too high and started using 0.25 Arimidex again. So now yes, I'm using an AI.
    How are you doing? Have you finished your cycle already?
    Last edited by andrea311; 03-09-2020 at 01:15 PM.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by andrea311 View Post
    I had stopped until my mid-cycle bloodwork. Then my E2 levels were too high and started using 0.25 Arimidex again. So now yes, I'm using an AI.
    just curious what 'number' you E2 was at that you considered too high while on cycle ?

if , for example, normal range of estrogen is between 15-35 while normal androgen levels are between 300-900 .. but then you go adding in 500mg of test per week and now your 'normal' androgen levels are 3000+ , you'd expect your new "normal" estrogen range to be 3-4x the standard normal as well (so 100+ would be totally fine).

most people forget that "normal" estrogen levels are for normal average guys that are NOT on AAS . those ranges do not really apply when your on cycle (especially a test only cycle where your trying to put on muscle)

Chark is offline Member
    https://forums.steroid.com/members-c...ml#post7499958
    andrea311 likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    The thing is I haven't noticed any benefits either...
    Could you guys give me some advice? Has anybody else experienced this lack of results from their 1st cycle?
    I believe that you’ve been eating well but the hard truth is the answer is always one of:

1. bunk gear
    2. not eating enough for you
    3. training is off

There aren’t really non-responders. It is possible the AI is bottlenecking your gains. Most people think what they’re doing is on point. I’d take an honest look at your strategy and adjust if you want to fix this. Good luck brother

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    just curious what 'number' you E2 was at that you considered too high while on cycle ?

if , for example, normal range of estrogen is between 15-35 while normal androgen levels are between 300-900 .. but then you go adding in 500mg of test per week and now your 'normal' androgen levels are 3000+ , you'd expect your new "normal" estrogen range to be 3-4x the standard normal as well (so 100+ would be totally fine).

most people forget that "normal" estrogen levels are for normal average guys that are NOT on AAS . those ranges do not really apply when your on cycle (especially a test only cycle where your trying to put on muscle)
    E2 was 50 pg/ml. And now I've been taking 0.25 Arimidex EOD. So are you suggesting that I'm not seeing results because of the AI?

I believe that you’ve been eating well but the hard truth is the answer is always one of:

1. bunk gear
    2. not eating enough for you
    3. training is off

There aren’t really non-responders. It is possible the AI is bottlenecking your gains. Most people think what they’re doing is on point. I’d take an honest look at your strategy and adjust if you want to fix this. Good luck brother
    Yeah I'm trying to figure out what to adjust...
    I don't think it's bunk gear cause after just one week I did an extra bloodwork just to test tesosterone levels (free and total) and see if the gear was legit and my test levels were already high and out of range just after one week. So that's how I know it's not bunk gear. Am I allowed to write what testosterone brand I'm using?

Training off? I doubt it... trust me. And even if it was, it's not just about the gains, the thing is I don't see any increase in strength...

Only thing left to rule out is the AI... I don't know what to think...
    Thanks anyway for the support
    Chark likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    E2 was 50 pg/ml. And now I've been taking 0.25 Arimidex EOD. So are you suggesting that I'm not seeing results because of the AI?
    GH is a big proponent of no-AI. I took his advice and now I’m thick af

Chark is offline Member
    I’d try really upping your carbs like GH advised. I think that made a huge difference for me. Protein gets all the love but carbs are probably just as important.

GH is a big proponent of no-AI. I took his advice and now I’m thick af
    Yeah I remember that. but you're taking Nolva on cycle instead of the AI if I'm not mistaken. And your using HCG right?

Chark is offline Member
    Yeah I remember that. but you're taking Nolva on cycle instead of the AI if I'm not mistaken. And your using HCG right?
    Correct on both.

Correct on both.
    I don't know if it would make a difference to change approach these last 4 weeks (started week 9 today).
    What would you suggest? I've seen your thread and you made HUGE progess...WOW! Congratulations brother!

P.S.
    On top of that, I live in Italy and because of the Coronavirus now ALL gyms are closed for the next month nationwide... I'm literally fucked. I really don't know what to do here.

Chark is offline Member
    Wow man I heard about the travel restrictions Italy imposed but damn! Wild.

Chark is offline Member
    I think your options are:

A. Find another way to train. I think you could still do some real damage in the last 4 weeks on your first cycle.

B. Call this one a bust and wait 2 weeks and PCT. I’d imagine you’d recover somewhat quicker than if you’d gone 12 weeks and you can try again in 2-3 months. Eat like you did this time but add to it like GH suggested.
    andrea311 likes this.

Wow man I heard about the travel restrictions Italy imposed but damn! Wild.
    Yeah. Starting today everything is closed (offices, gyms, museums, everything) and we can't leave home unless it's urgent...For example if you can't work from home and you can't avoid going to the office you need proof of that in case the police stops you. There's nothing we can do, we can just wait.

I'll keep training at home but I'm aware it's not the same thing... It's really frustrating.
    So do you think it would be useless to change to no-AI and take Nolva instead these last 4 weeks? I'm trying to figure if this cycle is salvageable.

Chark is offline Member
    So do you think it would be useless to change to no-AI and take Nolva instead these last 4 weeks? I'm trying to figure if this cycle is salvageable.
    Not useless at all. Would help you pinpoint your problem.
    andrea311 likes this.

Thread Information