Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Smoking

justo is offline Associate Member

Smoking

How does smoking weed effect you when using aas

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It effects you by getting you banned because there is NO recreational drug talk here even if it's about what effect it has on gains.

It also makes you stupid enough to ignore the rules and ask questions that will get your banned.

It's all bad.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justo View Post
    Human studies show us that Cannabis consumption has anti-androgenic qualities, meaning that your overall Testosterone levels tend to decline when you smoke it. Being on an AAS cycle doesn't really change this fact.

AlinSR is offline new member
    I think it has very little effect on muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by AlinshopRep View Post
    I think it has very little effect on muscle.
    Do you even bother reading prior posts before posting your own response? Who cares about what you think when there are multiple human studies available on the subject-matter that date all the way back to 1970s? You can think as deeply and as much as you want, it won't get you anywhere unless there is actual information involved in that process of thinking, otherwise it is all abstract. What are you now, an ancient Greek philosopher?

That the active substances in cannabis hamper the male sex hormone testosterone has long been known. As far back as the 1970s researchers discovered that cannabis reduces the effect of testosterone administration in lab animals. [Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 1975 Apr-Jun; 19(2): 98-100.] Compounds in cannabis, such as delta-9-THC and cannabinol, make it difficult for androgenic substances to attach themselves to the androgen receptor. [Endocrinology. 1980 Sep;107(3):848-50.]

Athletes who use cannabis are therefore undermining the effect of their own testosterone or the synthetic testosterone they take. Cannabis not only reduces the natural synthesis of testosterone, it also reduces synthesis of thyroid hormone and growth hormone . [NIDA Res Monogr. 1984; 44:46-64.]

Now you tell us Mr. AlinshopRep, how come a substance that is proven to lower testosterone levels as well as lowering HGH and Thyroid synthesis can possibly have ''very little effect'' on building and/or maintaining muscle mass? Maybe you should stop thinking too much and start reading a little.

dude700 is offline Junior Member
    Also, gyno.

justo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dude700
    Also, gyno.
    What it helps gyno or makes it worse

RipOwens is offline Member
    Here's a paper from 2002, which reads a bit conflicted.

http://www.ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf

Oliver47 is offline Junior Member
    I personally smoked weed about 2-3 times at college, never had any high effect, or may be I just didn't notice it .. Now I use cbd oil for cosmetic purposes, add it to creams and bath, I also put few drops into aroma lamp before going to bed, it favors good sleep may be will be helpful for people suffering from insomnia.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    What it helps gyno or makes it worse
    It can make gyno worse. I tried cannabis once, but never inhaled
    KennyJ likes this.

Littlearnie is offline Associate Member
    Do a google search and find something not from the 70s lol. There’s been a lot of research done and it in no way states you should avoid it at all costs.
    All I’m saying is I can’t remember the last day I didn’t smoke weed. Same as my big/pt/competitor friend. He smokes a joint before he trains always. Plus I know a lot of bb’s who at least smoke recreationally, remember arnie smoking a spliff on pumping iron lol.
    Most of us either drink or smoke or both. I smoke always and it’s not gonna get in the way of progress!

Littlearnie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    It effects you by getting you banned because there is NO recreational drug talk here even if it's about what effect it has on gains.

It also makes you stupid enough to ignore the rules and ask questions that will get your banned.

It's all bad.

How absolutely absurd! Lol.

Are steroids not a recriational drug for most of us...

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlearnie View Post
    How absolutely absurd! Lol.

Are steroids not a recriational drug for most of us...
    I'm a veteran of this war, trust me, it's not winnable.

It's like fighting Vietnam with isis and al qaeda helping them
    Medical use talk is allowed, but tread carefully.
    Last edited by Couchlockd; 01-16-2019 at 07:13 PM.

jGrande is offline New Member
    It's definitely not something I'd add to my protocol...If lower T isn't enough, it adds to the potential contributors for hypertension, decreased vascularity and likely a strong inhibition to get as good of a workout as you'd get without...and yes I know you're not talking about perhaps as a PWO protocol, but will still have lingering effects on motivated pumps, last extra reps. But then again, working out makes me high, sooo...to each his own I guess. Just keep it off these boards.
    Last edited by jGrande; 01-16-2019 at 10:07 PM.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Big fan of the leaf but the cost is overrated
    I prefer edibles and to lose myself for a few hours listening to music to just distress completely and not give a single flying fuck of whats happening around me
    btw, been sober for a while now but i feel the itch coming back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U

Quote Originally Posted by jGrande View Post
    It's definitely not something I'd add to my protocol...If lower T isn't enough, it adds to the potential contributors for hypertension, decreased vascularity and likely a strong inhibition to get as good of a workout as you'd get without...and yes I know you're not talking about perhaps as a PWO protocol, but will still have lingering effects on motivated pumps, last extra reps. But then again, working out makes me high, sooo...to each his own I guess. Just keep it off these boards.
    Yeah for some reason working out while high is really weird, I've done this before but i had balance issues
    I just couldn't control my balance at all in the gym and i was on about 10mg at the time

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Very different mental techniques some use....

I lift by getting wound up and using anger, hatred, and self disdain to destroy myself.
    KennyJ and Bergytron like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Very different mental techniques some use....

I lift by getting wound up and using anger, hatred, and self disdain to destroy myself.
    yea well that only works until it doesnt...
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    That being said Yates used it for years most his life and is a huge proponent.
    It has no negative effect on muscle that are noticeable.

I dont use it because it bring me down and my body seems to reject being calm and cool.

The legion of demons in here want hot and hate.
    EDCG19 and fiddlesticks like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    yea well that only works until it doesnt...
    Hope not brcause it is the only thing keeping me alive
    EDCG19 and KennyJ like this.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm surprised by the strong reactions to cannabis use in body building!

There are MANY bodybuilders who use cannabis in some form. I personally love using the cartridges at night time to wind down from my day and it also stimulates my appetite so it has that added perk.

I much prefer winding down with a little cannabis over consuming alcohol.

The only negative impact thc has on body building is that it increases the amount of aromatase enzyme in the blood which will lower test levels and increase estrogen levels in NATURAL athletes, but in enhanced athletes it has minimal impact because we're not only on exogenous testosterone so our levels are going to stay high but most of us also take an aromatase inhibitor so there is literally such a small impact that on my blood work my e2 may be 2-3 points higher if i hit the pen right before they take my blood which I have done as an experiment so I'm speaking from experience on this.

Natural athletes will without a doubt notice a decrease in performance if they're using thc.

As with anything, one must weigh the pros and cons and make a responsible decision for themselves based on all the facts..but for the record there are many competitive bb's that use cannabis and yes some of them are on the main stage at Mr. O comp
    Rjr1983 likes this.

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    Cannabis has many benefits. Personally I use it for my chronic pain. Sometimes I smoke to relax. But I guess, the effect depends on a dose. To be honest, I didn't think much about it at once, but now I know how much should I use in order not to feel "high". By the way, I found out much interesting info about weed measurements from this site. Maybe you will also like it.
    The road likes this.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
    Cannabis has many benefits. Personally I use it for my chronic pain. Sometimes I smoke to relax. But I guess, the effect depends on a dose. To be honest, I didn't think much about it at once, but now I know how much should I use in order not to feel "high". By the way, I found out much interesting info about weed measurements from this site. Maybe you will also like it.
    Aw shit advertising again... You silly guy!

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    Aw shit advertising again... You silly guy!
    LMFAO!!! I love how you “liked” his post
    The road and NCC1968 like this.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Very interesting thread, on multiple levels.
    Thanks for it.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

99JT is offline Member
    What about for focus and mind muscle connection? I've heard mixed opinions some say it helps others say it makes it harder to focus.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I don’t think it helps with focus or mind-muscle connection. It will likely make you lose focus because you’ll be paranoid and self conscious. Then you will think about how fast and hard your heart is beating and wondering if you’re gonna did, and how you look blitzed and you wonder if anyone will notice.

You need to feel alpha in the gym, to punish the weights, to feel like a beast. Weed makes me too docile and complacent for the gym. 18 years experience.

99JT is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I don’t think it helps with focus or mind-muscle connection. It will likely make you lose focus because you’ll be paranoid and self conscious. Then you will think about how fast and hard your heart is beating and wondering if you’re gonna did, and how you look blitzed and you wonder if anyone will notice.

You need to feel alpha in the gym, to punish the weights, to feel like a beast. Weed makes me too docile and complacent for the gym. 18 years experience.
    That's kinda what I was thinking. I know a couple people who it apparently works for but God only knows what else their doing.

Blog Entries

I disagree...I usually keep this to myself but I have used cannabis for exactly that the mind muscle connection,pain management and FOCUS for the last 20yrs...everyone is entitled to there opinion but I feel it helps after working a physical labor job for 12hrs a day...every one is different ...cannabis gives me a light buzz but really gets my mind working with an intense focus for the job at hand and able to get to the gym everyday...look at my avi and tell me its hurting my efforts...im not Arnold but fuck even Arnold loved pot...anyway that's my opinion
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    I disagree...I usually keep this to myself but I have used cannabis for exactly that the mind muscle connection,pain management and FOCUS for the last 20yrs...everyone is entitled to there opinion but I feel it helps after working a physical labor job for 12hrs a day...every one is different ...cannabis gives me a light buzz but really gets my mind working with an intense focus for the job at hand and able to get to the gym everyday...look at my avi and tell me its hurting my efforts...im not Arnold but fuck even Arnold loved pot...anyway that's my opinion
    For me it depends how long before the gym I do it. When I was 18-25 I would smoke blunts right before the gym and be fine. Then I started getting panic attacks and that stopped all of that. It took me a good few years to be able to smoke without getting panic attacks for the first 30 minutes. Now I prefer to have at least 2-3 hours clean before I go or I will feel off. My best gym days are when I'm a little pissed off, which weed tends to curb and make me a little anxious if anything. We're all different
    ghettoboyd and The road like this.

Blog Entries
    For me it depends how long before the gym I do it. When I was 18-25 I would smoke blunts right before the gym and be fine. Then I started getting panic attacks and that stopped all of that. It took me a good few years to be able to smoke without getting panic attacks for the first 30 minutes. Now I prefer to have at least 2-3 hours clean before I go or I will feel off. My best gym days are when I'm a little pissed off, which weed tends to curb and make me a little anxious if anything. We're all different
    ok I get it now... thanks for explaining a little more....I hope you took that as a respectful disagreement...I should have explained that I have ADHD so it really dose help with my focus because at the gym there are many distractions that can take away from my workouts for sure...
    Test Monsterone likes this.

I envy you guys.
    I cant touch the stuff.
    Puts me into a psychotic state immediately. Tried it dozens of times over the years. Always the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    ok I get it now... thanks for explaining a little more....I hope you took that as a respectful disagreement...I should have explained that I have ADHD so it really dose help with my focus because at the gym there are many distractions that can take away from my workouts for sure...
    For sure brother, respect is mutual. I can't say it ain't working for you cause obviously you look great, got like a 14 pack! I'm the one over here with barely visible abs. Sometimes when I comment it's like I'm telling myself the comment to keep myself on track. Weed helps me focus too btw, but only when I'm alone. I was actually gonna say that when I work out at home, I can do it right after I toke, it's just being in public that makes me weirded out.

I envy you guys.
    I cant touch the stuff.
    Puts me into a psychotic state immediately. Tried it dozens of times over the years. Always the same result.
    I have a friend who is like that, and even I've felt like that. I had some serious panic attacks man, felt like the world was closing in on me. At this age, I'm sure ghettoboy can agree, we do it because of it's therapeutic effect, not to party or anything. If you can stay away from it and be normal, that's the best way. I have trouble controlling my mood swings and I don't want to say I'd be dead without it, but it definitely made me get through some days.
    ghettoboyd and The road like this.

For sure brother, respect is mutual. I can't say it ain't working for you cause obviously you look great, got like a 14 pack! I'm the one over here with barely visible abs. Sometimes when I comment it's like I'm telling myself the comment to keep myself on track. Weed helps me focus too btw, but only when I'm alone. I was actually gonna say that when I work out at home, I can do it right after I toke, it's just being in public that makes me weirded out.

I have a friend who is like that, and even I've felt like that. I had some serious panic attacks man, felt like the world was closing in on me. At this age, I'm sure ghettoboy can agree, we do it because of it's therapeutic effect, not to party or anything. If you can stay away from it and be normal, that's the best way. I have trouble controlling my mood swings and I don't want to say I'd be dead without it, but it definitely made me get through some days.
    I definitely get paranoid but I wish it was just that.
    1 second becomes a minute... Thats the worst part.
    I hear voices, see shit, and feel like its the end of the world except normally I wouldn't give that much of a shit.

So I think, "Its gonna pass just give it an hour..."

So I look at the time and try to lose track of time.
    Mind is racing... Do something to pass the time... Fuck these mfers are plotting on me... An unreal complicated scenario rolls through my head. Look at the clock again... Not even one minute has passed.
    Now I know I'm not getting out of this shit alive.

If you convinced me it was tge end of the world I would think... Shit... Gf is gonna be pissed and sad!
    Awww shit... Everyone is gonna be loud and shit and I gotta calm them down.

On weed though its more...

OMFG ITS THE END OF EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE HATES ME AND IS TRYING TO KILL ME... WTF DID YOU MEAN BY SAYING "HELLO."... WTF DID YOU MEAN!? YOU MEANT IT THE OTHER WAY DIDN'T YOU!?

I have a feeling coke would make me sit down with some music and really whip some ass at Mahjong.
    That would be my theraputic drug but its too addictive and expensive and I tend to ovedo anything so I never tried it.

If you convinced me it was tge end of the world I would think... Shit... Gf is gonna be pissed and sad!
    Awww shit... Everyone is gonna be loud and shit and I gotta calm them down.

On weed though its more...

OMFG ITS THE END OF EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE HATES ME AND IS TRYING TO KILL ME... WTF DID YOU MEAN BY SAYING "HELLO."... WTF DID YOU MEAN!? YOU MEANT IT THE OTHER WAY DIDN'T YOU!?

I have a feeling coke would make me sit down with some music and really whip some ass at Mahjong.
    That would be my theraputic drug but its too addictive and expensive and I tend to ovedo anything so I never tried it.
    I had a friend who went schizo for 3 months from weed. He would quote passages from the Bible and his eyes kept looking around nonstop. It's like he kept getting us to try and understand him but he couldn't express himself coherently and jumped around with his thoughts. It got to the point that we thought he was done, looney. Then one night I took him to a club, and I Didn't know this but he was on anti-psychotics. We get there, start drinking, and then we sit at this table and a guy just starts rolling a blunt. I gave the guy 10 bucks and he let us smoke. It was game over. My friend got kicked out somehow so I had to leave also, then I spent the next 4 hours in a parking garage at 5 am with him puking and crying, snot running down his face, crying about his mom, and all kinds of nonsense. It was intense crying too, like yelling and cursing. Shit was wild. The parking lot attendant saw what was going on and started bringing him buckets of water, bananas, and lollipops lmao. He just thought he had a rough night... Now he's back to normal, doesn't smoke at all.

I'm with you on the paranoia though - if I was in an airplane and I was high, forget about it. I'd be freaking the fuck out. I just hope when shit goes down I'm not blitzed out of my mind. I like weed but I don't like how it makes me turn into an antisocial weirdo at times.
    The road, Chark and Madcox like this.

teejey is offline Junior Member
    I used to smoke, then randomly it turned into a 4 hour panic attack, I can see how it could be used as a mind muscle connection but for me it's a mind- over analyze everything, remember some stupid irrelevant event obsess over it until I feel like I'm going insane and then go sit with my dog in front of the TV but not actually watch anything. I do wish I could enjoy it since I quit drinking to just take the edge off but it puts me on the edge, question every decision in my life and I lose focus.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
    Test Monsterone, Chark and Madcox like this.

I had a friend who went schizo for 3 months from weed. He would quote passages from the Bible and his eyes kept looking around nonstop. It's like he kept getting us to try and understand him but he couldn't express himself coherently and jumped around with his thoughts. It got to the point that we thought he was done, looney. Then one night I took him to a club, and I Didn't know this but he was on anti-psychotics. We get there, start drinking, and then we sit at this table and a guy just starts rolling a blunt. I gave the guy 10 bucks and he let us smoke. It was game over. My friend got kicked out somehow so I had to leave also, then I spent the next 4 hours in a parking garage at 5 am with him puking and crying, snot running down his face, crying about his mom, and all kinds of nonsense. It was intense crying too, like yelling and cursing. Shit was wild. The parking lot attendant saw what was going on and started bringing him buckets of water, bananas, and lollipops lmao. He just thought he had a rough night... Now he's back to normal, doesn't smoke at all.

I'm with you on the paranoia though - if I was in an airplane and I was high, forget about it. I'd be freaking the fuck out. I just hope when shit goes down I'm not blitzed out of my mind. I like weed but I don't like how it makes me turn into an antisocial weirdo at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by teejey View Post
    I used to smoke, then randomly it turned into a 4 hour panic attack, I can see how it could be used as a mind muscle connection but for me it's a mind- over analyze everything, remember some stupid irrelevant event obsess over it until I feel like I'm going insane and then go sit with my dog in front of the TV but not actually watch anything. I do wish I could enjoy it since I quit drinking to just take the edge off but it puts me on the edge, question every decision in my life and I lose focus.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
    Thats some wild shit....
    Schizophrenia has crossed my mind.

Glad someone understands the way I get negative only from it.
    Every person around my gf for 3 generations smokes and I feel outt place

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thats some wild shit....
    Schizophrenia has crossed my mind.

Glad someone understands the way I get negative only from it.
    Every person around my gf for 3 generations smokes and I feel outt place
    Your just an old man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The road likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information