Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By almostgone

Thread: Heart flutter and steroids

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Heart flutter and steroids

Is there any link between steroids and heart flutter? My initial thoughts are no due to all of the people that have heart flutter that are not gearheads.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If the flutter is due to heart enlargement, the I'd say higher end usage of AAS could definitely be a contributor.

Some people just have athletic heart syndrome and the heart basically remodels due to the workload, but they function quite well.

Edit: I'll just add that I think high end AAS usage and stimulant usage can be a bad combo.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-19-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    Booz and clarky. like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    If the flutter is due to heart enlargement, the I'd say higher end usage of AAS could definitely be a contributor.

Some people just have athletic heart syndrome and the heart basically remodels due to the workload, but they function quite well.

Edit: I'll just add that I think high end AAS usage and stimulant usage can be a bad combo.
    I have a slightly enlarged heart, but normal. Whatever that means. I heard the normal and stopped listening. LOL
    I had afib they often use the two interchangeable. The afib was prior to a competition, but I was on stims pretty bad. I learned my lesson. The afib could never be found again.
    I went I to the hospital for an infection and they found flutter. I have been hooked up numerous times and the flutter is still there. I was hoping the stress on the body from the infection caused it. I guess not.
    I am trying to see if AAS usage causes it or if it just happens.... or both.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I have a slightly enlarged heart, but normal. Whatever that means. I heard the normal and stopped listening. LOL
    I had afib they often use the two interchangeable. The afib was prior to a competition, but I was on stims pretty bad. I learned my lesson. The afib could never be found again.
    I went I to the hospital for an infection and they found flutter. I have been hooked up numerous times and the flutter is still there. I was hoping the stress on the body from the infection caused it. I guess not.
    Flutter can be caused by quite a few things, some benign. The left side of my heart is enlarged from a virus, which led to the left bundle branch block, which leads to a conduction error, which leads to AFib.

Hang on a minute and I'll see if I can safely post something without cropping it.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-19-2020 at 02:40 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image000000_06~3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	299.4 KB 
ID:	178627

Took a minute to crop out some personal info
    See how the conditions can all be related?

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I had that flutter feeling for a straight year and my cardiologist found I had a slightly prolapsed mitral valve. I also have high blood pressure, as well as slightly enlarged heart and left ventricle. The flutters, I believe, were caused by stress and a poor diet. I would get them especially if I had any stimulant. Even a half a can of coke or Pepsi. I stopped all caffeinated products for 2 years. It took about a year to get over the feeling and now, 7 years later almost and I don’t get them anymore really. I will get flutters the day after drinking too much alcohol or if I over exert myself like after a day of moving furniture.

If you are watching your diet, blood pressure, stress levels, caffeine intake, and keep your health markers within the normal range, that’s all you can do. Oh and don’t use a bunch of tren lol.

Heart flutter and steroids

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I had that flutter feeling for a straight year and my cardiologist found I had a slightly prolapsed mitral valve. I also have high blood pressure, as well as slightly enlarged heart and left ventricle. The flutters, I believe, were caused by stress and a poor diet. I would get them especially if I had any stimulant. Even a half a can of coke or Pepsi. I stopped all caffeinated products for 2 years. It took about a year to get over the feeling and now, 7 years later almost and I don’t get them anymore really. I will get flutters the day after drinking too much alcohol or if I over exert myself like after a day of moving furniture.

If you are watching your diet, blood pressure, stress levels, caffeine intake, and keep your health markers within the normal range, that’s all you can do. Oh and don’t use a bunch of tren lol.
    Well, caffeine and tren ....: not sure if I can do without that. LOL.
    I don’t use as much T3 or stims like I used to.
    I do not feel my flutter. I purchased a little KARDIA “EKG” that you can see on your phone. It does not detect the flutter because it is so consistent. LOL
    I actually checked minutes after an EKG in the hospital and did not detect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by charger69; 04-20-2020 at 07:30 AM.

I've tried the kind that go around your chest and the kind that you wear on your wrist. It kept picking mine up as additional heartbeats. Both were totally unreliable.

This is just a guess, Charger, but did they do a stress echocardiogram? If so, it could be that your ejection fraction is in the normal range, but your your heart has remodeled like I mentioned regarding an athletic heart.

You can always reach out to your cardiologist for a copy of your records. I try to keep a current copy of all of my records except for my primary care physician. I can usually access the PCP records via a patient portal.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    This is just a guess, Charger, but did they do a stress echocardiogram? If so, it could be that your ejection fraction is in the normal range, but your your heart has remodeled like I mentioned regarding an athletic heart.

You can always reach out to your cardiologist for a copy of your records. I try to keep a current copy of all of my records except for my primary care physician. I can usually access the PCP records via a patient portal.
    Actually, they were worried because my heart was a little weak. After calculations , it was only a little weaker than min, but I just had surgery removing 2 infections and I was on 2 different types of antibiotics. That in itself could have caused the weakness. I went for two weeks of only sleep and work prior to the operation. No energy. Me too, but I don’t understand all of the jibberish. LOL.
    I come here to the smart guys to explain it to me.

Actually, they were worried because my heart was a little weak. After calculations , it was only a little weaker than min, but I just had surgery removing 2 infections and I was on 2 different types of antibiotics. That in itself could have caused the weakness. I went for two weeks of only sleep and work prior to the operation. No energy. Me too, but I don’t understand all of the jibberish. LOL.
    I come here to the smart guys to explain it to me.

The antibiotics for bacteremia, etc. are rough by themselves. I had to have my liver enzymes checked weekly...total pain in the ass. But I did get from a ~12% ejection fraction to 40%.

Edit: I left out a lot of details we've discussed before. Mainly just posting in case it will help someone else.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-20-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Thread Information