Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By Drewbert
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Low dose (HRTish dosage) test + Anavar?

Drewbert is offline New Member

Question Low dose (HRTish dosage) test + Anavar?

Hey guys what's up? I'll make this short as possible.

So I am about to run an anavar cycle and though I would like to use test with var I cannot run cycle levels of test. I have to make weight on a regular basis and ask anybody who has wrestled/BJJ/MMA they will tell you - if you compete above your weight class your going to have a bad time. Anavar only cycles are completed successfully all the time, I remember reading a member's log here some time ago. His name was BJJ and his log was extremely well done and comprehensive I suggest y'all do a search one day.

Now var is reknown for being side effect friendly. But the natty test suppression is certainly significant. Recently a member posted a study he found and confirmed what I always suspected - even low doses of var makes test take a downturn very quickly.

I was thinking of running HRT levels of test with my cycle. I don't want the side effects of low test while on cycle.... but this is also something I am unsure of. I'd love to do a nice 12 week cycle w/500mg test eth a week but I simply cannot put that mass on.

In summation, I'd like advice on the following 2 questions
    1) Knowing natty test WILL best significantly suppressed while on var, does this mean that nasty effects of Low-T will come about? Or does the var, even with natty test suppresed, keep these nasty effects at bay?

2) My idea at the moment is to run HRT like doses of test while on my anavar cycle to prevent those effects and likely will have a slightly better outcome. What do you think about running HRT doses for the var cycle?

Shout out to Atomini for this thread, he confirmed largely what I always believed regarding HPTA suppression & anavar

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...concerned.html

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    its not necessarily the HPTA shutdown and loss of test itself that is the issue, its the drop off of estrogen and DHT that cause the negative side effects of a Var only cycle.

you could run a low dose, 150mg, of test and get the E and Dht you need.. you could also forget the needle and just run like 10mg of Dbol per day with your Var cycle to get some e and dht effects.
    956Vette, Cylon357 and Rainshaker like this.

interesting points regarding estrogen/DHT. True, var does not Aromatase... compound that with having no natty test to aromatase into estrogen, that could definitely bring about nasty side effects. I don't want to run dbol with var at the same time for a couple reasons firstly that compounds the work the liver has to deal with and secondly dbol blows me up. Granted 10mg is on the light side yes but I don't want to use dbol for reasons already stated.

The DHT angle I am not as knowledgeable about. Can you elaborate a little bit here please?
    Last edited by Drewbert; 05-26-2020 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Bump for help plz, need to know if HRT doses (say 150mg a week or so, which is normally a little high for test e) is worthwhile to keep away side effects of low t production

150mg of test is plenty to avoid low T sides
    Chicagotarsier likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    150mg of test is plenty to avoid low T sides
    Agreed. I probably will run 125mg a week. Weight gain is an issue, and I'd like to avoid running the risk of having to use an AI to combat gyno, albeit 150mg a week still is low risk for gyno.

Otherwise, would you find yourself in agreement with the plan as a whole?

Last bump, just seeing if anybody has anything else to add as to if low dose (125mg)~ test e a week to anavar cycle is good to avoid low t symptoms

Quester is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Nope. But keep checking for any earth shattering, groundbreaking new studies cast light on this here-to fore never considered idea.

I used the search bar tyvm and couldn't find this exact problem anywhere.

Btw, not all of us have 1000s of posts. Been a lurker for years but finally made an account to run this by a board with some very informed folks. Much better than god awful reddit. You don't have to be a condescending jackass. s
    Quester likes this.

You arr right, I apologize.
    Last edited by Quester; 08-17-2020 at 06:32 PM.

edit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Low dose (HRTish dosage) test + Anavar?-20200603_144355-1-.jpg  
    Last edited by Quester; 08-17-2020 at 06:31 PM.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
    Last bump, just seeing if anybody has anything else to add as to if low dose (125mg)~ test e a week to anavar cycle is good to avoid low t symptoms
    How much Anavar were you planning on taking per day?

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I just absorbed a document on Var and it was as I remember.

Max dose is 20 mg 2x a day
    Does not shut down natural test production at this level

The drug was never meant to be an addition to HRT, That means you have to see how your own body reacts. It is suggested to not take Anavar over 6 weeks per the document.

So what do I see as normal? It is a cut drug. It helps you majorly on super low calories to not lose muscle. During event cutting 80-100 a day I see as the common dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post

The drug was never meant to be an addition to HRT, That means you have to see how your own body reacts. It is suggested to not take Anavar over 6 weeks per the document.

So what do I see as normal? It is a cut drug. It helps you majorly on super low calories to not lose muscle. During event cutting 80-100 a day I see as the common dose.
    It may not shut down completely but it definitely suppresses....

Low dose (HRTish dosage) test + Anavar?-anavar-suppression.png

That's by taking just 15mg/day of Anavar for 5 days....

I would bet a fair sum that at 40mg/day it would suppress you even further.....

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/84/8/2705/2864236
    GearHeaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post

its not the dosage per se , but the time frame of VAR that is suppressive.. over time your SHBG levels go down and thus your DHT, Free Test, and Estrogen levels may elevate and thus your body will signal shut down (limit LH production).

it goes agains the grain but I think plenty of guys can run a 6 week VAR only blast with no pct and be just fine (though they are suppressed)
    though I personally would not do that cause I want higher androgen and estrogen load then what Var can provide by itself

Var is mainly just a "pure anabolic " . its going to up regulate creatine phosphate (and thus ATP production) and nitrogen retention and protein synthesis. all of which are beneficial wither cutting or bulking .
    but all those things work better when androgen and estrogen and growth hormone levels are elevated. so its best to stack Var properly with other compounds if getting jacked is your main goal.
    Rainshaker likes this.

on a side note OP

the worrying about putting too much mass on cause you add some test to your var cycle is mainly going to be DIET dependent ..
    planty guys lose 20 pounds running 1000mg of test per week. just because you add a TRT dose of test with your Var does not mean your magically going to blow up and put on weight . thats dependent on your diet

Thread Information