• 1 Post By Slick88
  • 3 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 2 Post By magic32
  • 1 Post By Tornadoman
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Hair shedding - when to be concerned?

Slick88 is offline New Member

Hair shedding - when to be concerned?

Essentially, I am mid 30s and still have a good set of hair and up to this point have had no issues with balding. 1.5 years in HRT and then recently a 12 week cycle did 500mg test with no issues at all.

Decided to start cycle #2 [200mg test, 400mg primo] and within 1 week I’ve had noticeable shedding when I get in the shower.

What’s your guys experience with this? Can this just be a temp thing because of the likely DHT spike? Or, if you start noticing thing on cycle do you have to essentially stop or risk long term issues?
    JaneDoe likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Don't stop cycling

Thanks for the feedback. Would you mind elaborating just a touch though on why?
    Quester likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Well, the weather is getting warm. So it could just be the spring shed.

I don’t really experience hair loss from AAS but I will say that when I experience most side effects (acne for instance) its at the beginning or end of a blast when my hormones are in a state of flux.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Some people are blessed but my hair genes are not resilient and I have/had great hair. So this is from my personal experience:
    -Once it is lost, it never comes back 100% amnd rarley really comes back at all. The best thing would be to address it immediately. Duration since hairloss began is a big factor in regaining any.
    -There's topical and oral finasteride.
    -There's other topicals that work well too like minoxidil, azelic acid and latanaprost, among others.
    -All can be taken on cycle with the exception of combining nandrolone and finasteride (probably there are others, like tren , but if you're using thiem you don't care about hair anyway).
    -Also, lazer hats/helmets have good efficacy and supporting academic studies.
    GL

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I take finasteride and minoxidil, plus Biotin shampoo (which I think is bullshit - how the hell is having some soap on your head for 5 minutes supposed to protect your hair for 24 hours??)

I'm actually on Deca right now, along with finasteride. If you think about it, you really can't take almost any steroids if you're on finasteride or concerned with hair.. All the best steroids are bad for the hair.. Test makes me hold water like crazy and I look like shit. So pretty much limited in how much you can take if you are concerned with hair loss.

Graham1992 is offline New Member
    My hair started falling out like crazy when I was 19. It was thinning at a super fast rate it was unholy. This hair loss was long before I took AAS.

I started taking finasteride at 1mg ED for around 4 years. My hair loss stopped but my hair didn't improve or grow back.

So I went to Istanbul (twice) for hair transplants in 2014 and 2015. Long process, but my hair is good now.

Taking the finasteride must have damaged my body though, as my testosterone levels were JUST above what is classed as low. This was with multiple blood tests over a 6 month period.

I haven't touched finasteride in around 4 years and my hair is fine.

So I probably had higher natural testosterone levels prior to ever using finasteride, but unsure as never had bloods done before I began taking it.

My low natural test is the reason I use AAS now for my body goals.

Just thought I would share that!
    Last edited by Graham1992; 06-03-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    I think it actually depends person to person It can happen to anyone with or without cycling.

My twin brother has no hair lol and never been on cycle, where (knock knock) I am still cruising good and using test for years and years.

The good thing is, if that happens you can do hair transplant

Getsomehate is offline Associate Member
    Inject all The shit you like and get a hair transplant , science works like a charm .
    It might cost you some Thousand bucks for a full transplant but you gonna be a jacked motherfkr

Tornadoman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsomehate View Post
    Inject all The shit you like and get a hair transplant , science works like a charm .
    It might cost you some Thousand bucks for a full transplant but you gonna be a jacked motherfkr
    I dont think transplants work for everyone

Getsomehate is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoman View Post
    I dont think transplants work for everyone
    It actually
    Doesn’t indeed

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I take finasteride and minoxidil, plus Biotin shampoo (which I think is bullshit - how the hell is having some soap on your head for 5 minutes supposed to protect your hair for 24 hours??)

I'm actually on Deca right now, along with finasteride. If you think about it, you really can't take almost any steroids if you're on finasteride or concerned with hair.. All the best steroids are bad for the hair.. Test makes me hold water like crazy and I look like shit. So pretty much limited in how much you can take if you are concerned with hair loss.

I did that, nandrolone with finasteride, jst this winter. I think the finasteride actually elevated the hairloss. I think dihydronandrolone is much wrse than dht. The finateride leaves the hair free to take in the dhn, and it wrecks the hair. I think
    Test Monsterone likes this.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick88 View Post
    Essentially, I am mid 30s and still have a good set of hair and up to this point have had no issues with balding. 1.5 years in HRT and then recently a 12 week cycle did 500mg test with no issues at all.
    Many people experience shedding with various DHTs (though not typically Primo). Hair loss for this reason usually returns after cycle, but if it's too much of a problem drop the DHT.
    Honkey_Kong and GearHeaded like this.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

I think the only safe option for hairloss is to run test finasteride and maybe anavar ,thats what am thinking anyways
    Quester likes this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    My hair started falling out when I was cruising on Superdrol when I as really stupid and before didn't know much about AAS).

You may or may not be a candidate for hair transplants and monoxodil/propecia might grow some of your hair back.

But you need to just accept that losing your hair is perfectly normal for a man to experience. Your AAS use might have accelerated it, but it probably would've still happened. I shave my head and the chicks seem to dig it.
    Cylon357 and Rainshaker like this.

Update. So I’ve done some reading on this to try and determine if my cycle just accelerated some underlying male pattern baldness... or I’m literally “shedding” hair. My hairline is still totally fine, but I’m losing multiple strands of hair every time I run my hand through my head. From everything I’ve read though, if you somehow offset your levels to cause shedding, the shedding will continue for a few weeks until it stops. So, I’m pretty lost at what to do at the moment

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick88 View Post
    Update. So I’ve done some reading on this to try and determine if my cycle just accelerated some underlying male pattern baldness... or I’m literally “shedding” hair. My hairline is still totally fine, but I’m losing multiple strands of hair every time I run my hand through my head. From everything I’ve read though, if you somehow offset your levels to cause shedding, the shedding will continue for a few weeks until it stops. So, I’m pretty lost at what to do at the moment
    There are different types of balding. With me, I didn't really notice the top of my head was "thinning" until it was already a problem. If I don't shave my head, I'd still have the same hair line (albeit thinner).

If you're worried about it, join Hair Club or go talk to the doctors at Bosley after your PCT is over and find out what your options are.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I did that, nandrolone with finasteride, jst this winter. I think the finasteride actually elevated the hairloss. I think dihydronandrolone is much wrse than dht. The finateride leaves the hair free to take in the dhn, and it wrecks the hair. I think

Yeah I have like 6 bottles of deca and I don’t know what to do with them now. I love how deca makes me feel. I started with only 300 mg/week because I was aware of the interactions between deca and finasteride. I’ve tapered it down to 150 mg/week, and will soon drop it.

I have ordered primo but I hear conflicting stories about it.

I have a lot of questions, which I’m not sure there are studies and answers for. One question I have is: what is the threshold (on a mg basis) at which deca becomes deleterious to the hair when mixed with finasteride? Another is: can I stop taking finasteride during the deca portion of a cycle and start it once I drop deca, or will the other steroids cause additional hair loss in comparison to keeping finasteride with low dose deca? Also, since deca metabolites last a long time in the body, do the negative effects of deca continue to occur long after deca is dropped when taking finasteride?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    Many people experience shedding with various DHTs (though not typically Primo). Hair loss for this reason usually returns after cycle, but if it's too much of a problem drop the DHT.
    to expound on this .. its not that the DHT derived compounds themselves are actual DHT . they are not because they have through design already been 5 Alpha reductase reduced and therefore cannot become or act as actual DHT themselves anymore.
    just like 2x4s that built your house can no longer go back to becoming trees again.

the reason for the hair shedding when adding the primo is simply that your SHBG lowered (thats part of what primo does). SHBG is the main binding protein that binds up DHT.. if you lower your SHBG significantly by using something like primo, then your going to get much more free available DHT , in which case you can get balding, acne, prostate issues etc..

if your DHT sensitive,, the solution is to NOT provide extra DHT through exogenous test administration when running compounds that significantly lower SHBG..
    so if you want to run 600mg of Primo , then simply drop your test all together or very low like 100mg a week. or you could run the Primo with no test and add in like 10mg of Dbol a day to get some much needed estrogen. you'll have far less DHT sides with something like this .. for guys that are NOT prone to DHT sides like acne and balding, they can blast high amounts of test and things like primo no prob, but if you are sensitive you have to be more precise with your cycle compound selection and dosages
    Test Monsterone and Quester like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Yeah I have like 6 bottles of deca and I don’t know what to do with them now. I love how deca makes me feel. I started with only 300 mg/week because I was aware of the interactions between deca and finasteride. I’ve tapered it down to 150 mg/week, and will soon drop it.

I have ordered primo but I hear conflicting stories about it.

I have a lot of questions, which I’m not sure there are studies and answers for. One question I have is: what is the threshold (on a mg basis) at which deca becomes deleterious to the hair when mixed with finasteride? Another is: can I stop taking finasteride during the deca portion of a cycle and start it once I drop deca, or will the other steroids cause additional hair loss in comparison to keeping finasteride with low dose deca? Also, since deca metabolites last a long time in the body, do the negative effects of deca continue to occur long after deca is dropped when taking finasteride?
    the beauty, or non beauty (depending on your goals) is that Deca is essentially an anti androgenic hormone. it converts to DHN (instead of DHT) and that DHN will then occupy DHT receptors as DHT but will illicit no androgenic effects that DHT illicit. its also then progestin in nature and will activate those receptors as a progestin itself and will thus sensitize you to estrogen.

so on one hand you have the lowering of DHT effects and androgen effects and the raising of progestin and estrogenic effects .. so Deca becomes a basically anti androgenic hormone.

again this could be good or bad depending on your goals

you could simply run a deca only cycle and that would be very hair friendly.. however you need some DHT and some Estrogen for sexual function . you could add in an extremely low dose of test or just a low dose of Dbol to get some androgenic and estrogenic load to provide sex drive and libido.

for whatever reason, Finasteride decreases Decas anti androgenic effects and makes it much more androgenic . so really they are kinda like two opposing compounds.. but depending on the persons goals, making deca less anti androgenic may not be a big deal. however there are some studies that show the combination of the two may increase your risk of cardiac dammage/issues..

if your worried about hair loss and thats the reason for taking Fina in the first place , but you want to run Deca,, then just run the deca and drop the fina . again deca is anti androgenic anyways. just don't run it with a shit ton of Test and you won't need the Fina for hair loss . to support libido a small dose of Dbol can help (estrogen is what controls the male libido... deca is going to sensitize you to estrogen but not convert to it , so the Dbol can add a little extra estrogen you may need)

as for timing after running deca . simply add the Fina back in when your androgen load is back to being high again. unless you go right from deca to blasting tons of test prop, proviron , and mast ,, this is likely going to be several weeks or more. plenty of time for the deca to clear and DHN to go down
    Test Monsterone and Quester like this.

I tried deca test tbol and finasteride before and had some hairloss ,if i will ever run another cycle it will be low dose test,boldenone and anavar wont risk it

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ive taken fina with deca multiple times and i never had an issue. The fina always seem to do its job. Should i not be mixing the two?

Anyway op, hgh improves the quality of my hair alot. Thats another thing to look into.

Thread Information