charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Thyroid removal and AAS

Has anyone had their thyroid removed? Is there anything that requires special attention?
    I know that the exogenous intake of T3 and T4 sort of mimick the natural production. HGH can have an effect on the natural production but has little effect on the exogenous intake.

I just find it unbelievable that you take the thyroid out, take meds, and everything is exactly the same. No precautions, nothing. I think that our body is too complex to be that simple.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes, but better than the other option.

I have a friend that had her thyroid removed due to cancer.
    She only takes T4 and seems fine.

Your question prompted me to research a bit and I have found out that not only does the thyroid produce T4 and a little T3 but it also produces calcitonin.

"Calcitonin is a hormone that is produced in humans by the parafollicular cells (commonly known as C-cells) of the thyroid gland. Calcitonin is involved in helping to regulate levels of calcium and phosphate in the blood, opposing the action of parathyroid hormone. "

https://www.yourhormones.info/hormon...roid%20hormone.

Found another good read...

https://www.hormone.org/your-health-...nes/calcitonin

"Calcitonin is a unique hormone, because its importance is not well known. While doctors know what it does, they do not understand why we have it, and few symptoms occur if levels are high or low. The body appears to function normally, even with high or low levels of this thyroid hormone. In fact, patients who have had their thyroids removed will have virtually no calcitonin levels, but they show no resulting symptoms."

Good luck and be well.

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Has anyone had their thyroid removed? Is there anything that requires special attention?
    I know that the exogenous intake of T3 and T4 sort of mimick the natural production. HGH can have an effect on the natural production but has little effect on the exogenous intake.

I just find it unbelievable that you take the thyroid out, take meds, and everything is exactly the same. No precautions, nothing. I think that our body is too complex to be that simple.
    The thyroid produces T1, T2, T3, T4 and calcitonin and having your thyroid removed can lead to a variety of issues. I have Hashimoto's and that can be problematic enough despite being controlled by TRT (combination of T4/T3). As my endo once said, nothing is as good as the natural hormone.

Thread Information