• 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By flexin-rph
  • 1 Post By flexin-rph
  • 3 Post By flexin-rph

Thread: Need a reference point for Anavar

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Need a reference point for Anavar

50 mg of anavar is like how many mg of testosterone ? I know this is not apples to apples, but I have no reference point as to how much 50 mg/week of Anavar is in regards to expected benefits/results/gains. I've done test E/C/P, Sustanon , Deca , DHB, and EQ, so that's what I have to compare to. thanks guys

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You’re right, it’s not apples to apples.
    It’s like apples to kitchen table. They’re nothing even remotely alike, so any comparison is purely speculative based on weird math that has no basis in reality.

After posting this I read that anavar is around 6 times more anabolic than testosterone , but less androgenic . If I take that face value, 50 mg of Anavar = 300 mg testosterone. I guess I'll find out either way, just wanted to see other's perspectives.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    After posting this I read that anavar is around 6 times more anabolic than testosterone, but less androgenic. If I take that face value, 50 mg of Anavar = 300 mg testosterone. I guess I'll find out either way, just wanted to see other's perspectives.
    the math does not quite work that way .. its missing key components. "anabolic " is only ONE aspect of muscle growth and physiological effects . for example Test converts to estrogen , Anavar does not . and estrogen has its own secondary muscle growth properties like increase in IGF and HGH.. test also can provide some inter cellular water retention which does help with growth. and the androgenic effects help you store more glycogen in muscle cells .
    "anabolic" rating does not account for everything in regards to muscle building . just mainly its ability to up regulate protein synthesis, etc.
    CA_DXB_85 and flexin-rph like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    the math does not quite work that way .. its missing key components. "anabolic " is only ONE aspect of muscle growth and physiological effects . for example Test converts to estrogen , Anavar does not . and estrogen has its own secondary muscle growth properties like increase in IGF and HGH.. test also can provide some inter cellular water retention which does help with growth. and the androgenic effects help you store more glycogen in muscle cells .
    "anabolic" rating does not account for everything in regards to muscle building . just mainly its ability to up regulate protein synthesis, etc.
    I guess that's why anavar is often used as a cutting drug... I have a friend who used to run just anavar cycles and get pretty jacked. Who knows if it was really anavar though.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Just as a rule of thumb, if you have legit var, 20-30mg/ day is plenty.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Just as a rule of thumb, if you have legit var, 20-30mg/ day is plenty.
    Hmm ok. What do you feel on it and how quickly do you feel it? I added 50 mg last week but I don’t want to overdo it if I don’t need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Hmm ok. What do you feel on it and how quickly do you feel it? I added 50 mg last week but I don’t want to overdo it if I don’t need to.
    Within a few days I could tell I added it in, in a week it was noticeable even doing simple physical exertion. As far as using it when I'm injured, it takes a few weeks to make a noticeable difference.
    Test Monsterone likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Just last week I added 50mg qd of Anavar getting ready for Destin next month....forearm pumos are insane using as screwdriver after just 3 days.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flexin-rph View Post
    Just last week I added 50mg qd of Anavar getting ready for Destin next month....forearm pumos are insane using as screwdriver after just 3 days.
    LOL, that's why I feel 20mg to 30mg is a max dose for me with pharma var. Calf raises are intensely brutal as are shrugs and hyperextensions @ higher doses.

If burn victims are helped by 10mg b.i.d., that's plenty for me.

I used 30mg qd last summer & didn't notice much....50mg qd seems to be putting me over the threshold for me. Just going to run this for 4 weeks, then drop the Anavar & just maintain with my current cruise.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

I used 30mg qd last summer & didn't notice much....50mg qd seems to be putting me over the threshold for me. Just going to run this for 4 weeks, then drop the Anavar & just maintain with my current cruise.
    Good luck, man. I've only done that high of pharma dosage once and even splitting it b.i.d it was too much, lol.

At 30 mg you didn't notice much, but at 50 you felt that it put you over the edge? Can you explain what you mean by 'over the edge'?

I'm doing the anavar last 1.5 months of this cycle. I'm already 1.5 months in with no anavar. I always start my cycles really low and increase doses/add things as I go along.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Good luck, man. I've only done that high of pharma dosage once and even splitting it b.i.d it was too much, lol.
    What does b.i.d. stand for?

I'm already pretty lean, but 4 days into the Anavar , the vascularity in forearms & biceps are more pronounced. Abs much more defined as well. At 30 mg qd last summer I felt like I got nothing. BID is latin for twice a day. So, what AlmostGone was doing was splitting his dose up into 2 doses per day.

Thread Information