Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Anavar vs. Anadrol vs. Everything Else?

Randomaxe is offline New Member

Anavar vs. Anadrol vs. Everything Else?

I've read some about Anavar , it sounds like a good choice for me being so new and cautious. . but i just read about Anadrol , apparently that's touted as the "safest," i just really appreciate your insight on all this. I have never done anything, so i want to be careful and start with something mild to see how my body responds.

So I guess the questions are, which one is more ideal for a cautious beginner and how to think about them compared to other options. thx!

PHunter is offline New Member
    You have things the wrong way around, Anavar is certainly "safer" than Anadrol . Anavar is supposed to be one of the milder oral steroids , while Anadrol is one of the most powerful, but harder on the liver. Even with Anavar you really should be taking it with some testosterone , so if you are thinking about doing roids, you really do need to be injecting something, always testosterone at least.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Anadrol has a remarkably long and storied safety record in clinical trials involving long term use (multiple years) at varying doses (10-125/day) in anemic patients ranging in ages from 7 to 65+. That doesn’t however mean that it is better than any of the others in this regard. It just has a much longer running trail in the literature than many others.
    GearHeaded and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomaxe View Post
    I've read some about Anavar , it sounds like a good choice for me being so new and cautious. . but i just read about Anadrol , apparently that's touted as the "safest," i just really appreciate your insight on all this. I have never done anything, so i want to be careful and start with something mild to see how my body responds.

So I guess the questions are, which one is more ideal for a cautious beginner and how to think about them compared to other options. thx!
    The way I read your post, you have them backwards. I understood you said anadrol was the safest. As stated above in the responses, anavar is the safest...: whatever that means. LOL
    I think you are going about this the wrong way. IMO you should decide what you want from a cycle and then determine what you should take.

Both are DHT based and neither aromatizes, however anadrol does have estrogenic properties which can be a concern for the guys that are gyno sensitive. Water retention can also occur on anadrol which is dependent on the person.
    I read a study on anadrol and it does not act like a progestin.
    Anavar is pretty popular for females.

Note: Iboth will halt test production as stated previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    The way I read your post, you have them backwards. I understood you said anadrol was the safest. As stated above in the responses, anavar is the safest...: whatever that means. LOL
    I think you are going about this the wrong way. IMO you should decide what you want from a cycle and then determine what you should take.

Both are DHT based and neither aromatizes, however anadrol does have estrogenic properties which can be a concern for the guys that are gyno sensitive. Water retention can also occur on anadrol which is dependent on the person.
    I read a study on anadrol and it does not act like a progestin.
    Anavar is pretty popular for females.

Note: Iboth will halt test production as stated previously.

Best guess I have seen from anyone is that Anadrol itself is somehow able to activate estrogen receptors, as none of its metabolites can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Best guess I have seen from anyone is that Anadrol itself is somehow able too activate estrogen receptors, as none of its metabolites can.
    Yep. I was going to put that however I don’t have any evidence.
    I really don’t think that there is any other explanation unless voodoo is considered real. LOL

Yep. I was going to put that however I don’t have any evidence.
    I really don’t think that there is any other explanation unless voodoo is considered real. LOL

Pretty much. Dianabol always seemed like a weird duck, until we realized that it aromatizes into the frankenhormone methylestradiol. Anadrol may have some kind of similar hidden thing, but so far, the biggest thing noted is methylDHT, which is why it’s notably more androgenic than it should be on paper. Definitely doesn’t explain the water retention or gyno though.

Pretty much. Dianabol always seemed like a weird duck, until we realized that it aromatizes into the frankenhormone methylestradiol. Anadrol may have some kind of similar hidden thing, but so far, the biggest thing noted is methylDHT, which is why it’s notably more androgenic than it should be on paper. Definitely doesn’t explain the water retention or gyno though.
    The easy answer- I just like what it does. LOL

Gallowmere likes this.

The easy answer- I just like what it does. LOL

As do I, but I’m finding out really quick that I have to stay on top of my hydration more than normal with it. Just an hour without pouring something into my face on a hot day is the difference between feeling completely fantastic, and more than a bit rough.

Thanks! From what i've been learning, it's important to include various products in order to keep any gains you make and to minimize damage to your body, but I'm not clear on what those should be. Right now I'm trying to improve my diet and drop some body fat, meanwhile learn what i can.

Thanks! From what i've been learning, it's important to include various products in order to keep any gains you make and to minimize damage to your body, but I'm not clear on what those should be. Right now I'm trying to improve my diet and drop some body fat, meanwhile learn what i can.
    You are going down the right road of gathering knowledge.

Ehh, not necessarily. It really depends on what you’re shooting for. Some of the most absurd physiques and strength athletes in history were built on nothing more than test and dianabol .

While he wouldn’t disclose the name, one of Broderick Chavez’s highest end Strongman clients ran on nothing more than between 1-2 grams of test per week, depending upon where he was in his season.

Hell, to hear Ronnie Coleman talk, those were about the only two things he could get, because in his day, shit was getting stupid with the feds, so everything had to be “above board” through doctors.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Best guess I have seen from anyone is that Anadrol itself is somehow able to activate estrogen receptors, as none of its metabolites can.
    yes anadrol acts on estrogen receptors itself apart from aromatization .. thats why guys taking Anadrol and then adding an AI to it cause they they think its estrogenic are not doing a single thing but F'ing themselves over cause the drug does't armoatize anyways (though it is estrogenic) .
    thats the beauty of Anadrol . the estrogen receptor activation is part of its benefits , its NOT a negative side effect (its a direct effect)

if your estrogen sensitive and not wanting the benefits of estrogen , then simply don't run Anadrol and go with something like Var . or run the Anadrol and add a low dose of Nolva and Masteron with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    yes anadrol acts on estrogen receptors itself apart from aromatization .. thats why guys taking Anadrol and then adding an AI to it cause they they think its estrogenic are not doing a single thing but F'ing themselves over cause the drug does't armoatize anyways (though it is estrogenic) .
    thats the beauty of Anadrol . the estrogen receptor activation is part of its benefits , its NOT a negative side effect (its a direct effect)

if your estrogen sensitive and not wanting the benefits of estrogen , then simply don't run Anadrol and go with something like Var . or run the Anadrol and add a low dose of Nolva and Masteron with it.
    Where can I find a report on its action on the estrogen receptors? To me it’s the only reasonable explanation however I have never been able to find anything confirming this.

Oh, I’m definitely enjoying the fuck out of it, but I’m far from estrogen sensitive. That said, I still think Dianabol will remain my primary staple. The physical performance results are measuring to be similar for me, but Anadrol just doesn’t give that same “I’m fucking flying” feeling that Dianabol does.
    I’m sure it has its place though, and I’ll find out for sure when I hit it a bit harder during my post cut refeed, where it can work its magic on doing completely ridiculous things with glycogen restoration.
    GearHeaded likes this.

usually when I'm trying to decide between either running anadrol or running Var , I just end up running them both

OP - both of them are plenty safe . its not an either or decision in regards to "safety" . it depends on your goals, your diet and training, and what your stack is going to be and what your trying to accomplish .

heck I'd likely run Anadrol for the first 4 weeks of a cycle and 'volumize' with it and then finish off with 6 weeks of Var when dropping into a calorie deficit to get some good amount of anabolic load to hold onto muscle.
    Cuz likes this.

usually when I'm trying to decide between either running anadrol or running Var , I just end up running them both

OP - both of them are plenty safe . its not an either or decision in regards to "safety" . it depends on your goals, your diet and training, and what your stack is going to be and what your trying to accomplish .

heck I'd likely run Anadrol for the first 4 weeks of a cycle and 'volumize' with it and then finish off with 6 weeks of Var when dropping into a calorie deficit to get some good amount of anabolic load to hold onto muscle.
    But then again...... your GearHead! LOL

GearHeaded likes this.

Where can I find a report on its action on the estrogen receptors? To me it’s the only reasonable explanation however I have never been able to find anything confirming this.
    Aanadrol is a DHT derivative .. by its very nature and chemical structure it has already been 5 alpha reductase reduced. it cannot convert to estrogen . but it still displays estrogenic effects, like some additional water retention, volumization, and even gyno in those who are genetically pre disposed to it . therefore just based on all the anecdotal evidence it is assumed that anadrol acts on estrogen receptors itself .
    just like tren can act on progestin receptors even though its technically not progesterone itself

Oh, I’m definitely enjoying the fuck out of it, but I’m far from estrogen sensitive. That said, I still think Dianabol will remain my primary staple. The physical performance results are measuring to be similar for me, but Anadrol just doesn’t give that same “I’m fucking flying” feeling that Dianabol does.
    I’m sure it has its place though, and I’ll find out for sure when I hit it a bit harder during my post cut refeed, where it can work its magic on doing completely ridiculous things with glycogen restoration.
    I think the Dbol has much better mental effects then Anadrol . because not being a DHT and being a Test derivative Dbol can convert into a very potent and biological available form of estrogen , and our brains are filled with estrogen receptors.
    and at the same time will act on androgen receptors as an androgen. . so you get both effects simultaneously with a drug that is very active and has a short half life.

just my theory .

Anadrol on the other hand is going to be more physiological in nature . and yes it will load muscle cells up with glycogen, nutrients, minerals, etc. and increase blood volume quite significantly.
    but not have near the mental effects that Dbol has
    Gallowmere likes this.

Iron Frenchie is offline Junior Member
    Var is way better at lower doses then just about anything imo. At 25mg a day/175mg a week and 150mg trt I look like I’m on a proper cycle. Var at higher then 40mg crushes lipids and you start you start getting diminishing returns.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	043A5532-A67B-4DE9-94EB-9E9F09B258B9.jpeg 
Views:	380 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	179274

What is BCM???

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Frenchie View Post
    Var is way better at lower doses then just about anything imo. At 25mg a day/175mg a week and 150mg trt I look like I’m on a proper cycle. Var at higher then 40mg crushes lipids and you start you start getting diminishing returns.

Name:	043A5532-A67B-4DE9-94EB-9E9F09B258B9.jpeg 
Views:	380 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	179274
    Better than anything is a bit of a stretch, considering that all AAS serve different purposes, and this especially pronounced when you look at the difference between all of the orals.
    Anavar is certainly fantastic at what it does, but then so is Dianabol , Halotestin , Anadrol , Winstrol , etc. etc.

Better than anything is a bit of a stretch, considering that all AAS serve different purposes, and this especially pronounced when you look at the difference between all of the orals.
    Anavar is certainly fantastic at what it does, but then so is Dianabol, Halotestin, Anadrol, Winstrol, etc. etc.
    ^ exactly ..

I have very little use for Var during a volumization phase, its worthless.. during an anabolic phase its great. and then something like Winstrol is going to be better going into a finishing phase (like pre show) and blunting cortisol.

theres no such thing as a "better then anything" drug . it all depends on where your at and what your trying to accomplish in the current phase your in.

I think the Dbol has much better mental effects then Anadrol . because not being a DHT and being a Test derivative Dbol can convert into a very potent and biological available form of estrogen , and our brains are filled with estrogen receptors.
    and at the same time will act on androgen receptors as an androgen. . so you get both effects simultaneously with a drug that is very active and has a short half life.

just my theory .

Anadrol on the other hand is going to be more physiological in nature . and yes it will load muscle cells up with glycogen, nutrients, minerals, etc. and increase blood volume quite significantly.
    but not have near the mental effects that Dbol has
    I don’t get any mental effects from dbol. I really wish that I could experience these mental effects. Maybe I’m brain dead. LOL

Gallowmere likes this.

Iron Frenchie is offline Junior Member
    All those you listed are way more side effect ridden and more androgenic . Woman know what’s up. 10mg var for a woman and it’s does wonders for there body’s and less androgenicity.

I don’t get any mental effects from dbol. I really wish that I could experience these mental effects. Maybe I’m brain dead. LOL
    you probably already have those mental effects permanently wired in.. thats why your a work horse. . other guys on the other hand need that little extra boost .
    you don't feel anything cause its already there naturally

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    What is BCM???
    Bravo Company Manufacturing

Name:	24C2BF09-FA04-427E-B5D9-C975FCEA405B.jpeg 
Views:	298 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	179276
    Last edited by Capebuffalo; 06-22-2020 at 11:12 AM.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Bravo Company Manufacturing

Name:	24C2BF09-FA04-427E-B5D9-C975FCEA405B.jpeg 
Views:	298 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	179276
    One of the best manufacturers for ar15s built for real world hard use.

I think the Dbol has much better mental effects then Anadrol
    Soaking up the info i really appreciate all the help. How would you describe the "mental" effects?

Soaking up the info i really appreciate all the help. How would you describe the "mental" effects?
    For me, it’s basically just an overall improved sense of wellbeing and mood. This is obviously on top of the notable physical/performance improvements.
    It also tends to make me want to fuck a hole through walls.
    Both of these make sense when you think about the potent frankenhormone’s effect on estrogen receptors being highly elevated over standard estradiol.

I may one day combine Tren and Mast with Dianabol , but I don’t think that my poor girlfriend is ready for that one yet.
    Last edited by Gallowmere; 06-22-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PHunter View Post
    You have things the wrong way around, Anavar is certainly "safer" than Anadrol. Anavar is supposed to be one of the milder oral steroids, while Anadrol is one of the most powerful, but harder on the liver. Even with Anavar you really should be taking it with some testosterone, so if you are thinking about doing roids, you really do need to be injecting something, always testosterone at least.
    Why should testosterone always be used with everything? And why is it important that it's an injection?

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    What is BCM???
    body cell mass (BCM).

That graph is from a study on HIV-infected men ≥18 years of age who had 10% to 20% unintentional weight loss... Not saying its not relevant, just being thorough if we're talking about diminishing returns in weight gain.... but tangent studies are all we have to use in most cases.

Study here: https://journals.lww.com/jaids/Fullt...ociated.6.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    body cell mass (BCM).

That graph is from a study on HIV-infected men ≥18 years of age who had 10% to 20% unintentional weight loss... Not saying its not relevant, just being thorough if we're talking about diminishing returns in weight gain.... but tangent studies are all we have to use in most cases.

Study here: https://journals.lww.com/jaids/Fullt...ociated.6.aspx
    I’ve got the hat. Pretty sure what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    One of the best manufacturers for ar15s built for real world hard use.
    Sadam has fucking blown up. Looks like he works out now.

Looking great brother!!

@@@@@. This was supposed to be the photo of cape@@@@@@@

Last edited by charger69; 06-22-2020 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Admin is changing my posts. LOL

Why should testosterone always be used with everything? And why is it important that it's an injection?
    Test specifically doesn’t have to be used, but you need something aromatizable, or you’re going to have a bad time when your E2 completely crashes. As as a male, when you shut down your natural testosterone production, you remove your body’s only source of estrogens. Ask anyone who has done this either intentionally for cosmetic purposes, or accidentally via AIs, it’s completely fucking miserable.
    There are plenty of people who have used Dianabol as their primary estrogen source while running other things (Arnold famously did this with dbol and Primo), but in the modern “estrogen is the devil bro” bullshit environment, this got extrapolated to “you need test with everything or you’ll feel like shit”.
    One of those things where they’re not technically wrong, but they’re completely misunderstanding the mechanism.
    GearHeaded and Randomaxe like this.

Sadam has fucking blown up. Looks like he works out now.

Looking great brother!!

@@@@@. This was supposed to be the photo of cape@@@@@@@

On a bulk buddy. Lol. Anadrol has me feeling like shit though. Going to power through because I’m making gains. But damn everyday sucks.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    For what it’s worth my cycle right now looks like :
    Trt
    100mg npp eod
    25 mg drol
    25 mg anavar

Taking drol and var together really make for the best strength gains ive ever experienced. Ive broke my dl and bench prs very very easily and have alot left in the tank. Just my experience running drol and var probably isnt a popular choice but for me i get good results alongside the npp which has basically took every bit of joint and connected tissue pain like tendons and such ...basically disappear.

Everyday i sup vit D and C , liver aid, fish oil, and L Caratine or Arginine.

But like GH said the mental affect of drol is quite the opposite of dbol which really sucks. But oh well cant have everything. Oh and my Hemocrit is at a steady 50 which is exceptional while on cycle i had bloods pulled three weeks ago while on cycle. Test was 1500, E was 90.

Just a little info i thought id share i happen to like var and drol

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    For what it’s worth my cycle right now looks like :
    Trt
    100mg npp eod
    25 mg drol
    25 mg anavar

Taking drol and var together really make for the best strength gains ive ever experienced. Ive broke my dl and bench prs very very easily and have alot left in the tank. Just my experience running drol and var probably isnt a popular choice but for me i get good results alongside the npp which has basically took every bit of joint and connected tissue pain like tendons and such ...basically disappear.

Everyday i sup vit D and C , liver aid, fish oil, and L Caratine or Arginine.

But like GH said the mental affect of drol is quite the opposite of dbol which really sucks. But oh well cant have everything. Oh and my Hemocrit is at a steady 50 which is exceptional while on cycle i had bloods pulled three weeks ago while on cycle. Test was 1500, E was 90.

Just a little info i thought id share i happen to like var and drol
    IMO hematocrit level of 50 is not exceptional. The stinking internet has the ranges all over the place. I believe with the local blood bank, the limit to give blood is 50.
    To me, 48 is high and 49 or above means time to donate. Around 49, I have trouble breathing during cardio and I am limited as to how far I can push myself because of lack of oxygen. Even working out challenges my respiration.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    IMO hematocrit level of 50 is not exceptional. The stinking internet has the ranges all over the place. I believe with the local blood bank, the limit to give blood is 50.
    To me, 48 is high and 49 or above means time to donate. Around 49, I have trouble breathing during cardio and I am limited as to how far I can push myself because of lack of oxygen. Even working out challenges my respiration.

I have been as high as 55 on previous cycles. 50 is excellent for me im very happy to be there. January it was 48, june it rose to 50. Ill donate in a couple more months I usually do twice a year. We as bodybuilders are blood making machines.
    I to also have breathing issues. Its bc of being so anabolic . Its part of the game. The more weight i gain the more breath i need.
    GearHeaded and Gallowmere like this.

hematocrit of 50 is totally fine IMO , as long as your blood platelets count is NOT high along with it.. if blood platelet is normal and hematocrit is high then your fine.

heck pro cyclists get their hematocrit purposely up to 60 because their cardio capacity increases the higher the hematocrit levels go.

the whole "blood thickening" thing and that destroying your cardio has to do with the combination of high platelets along side high hematocrit and not simply high hematocrit alone .
    of course their are other factors that play a role ike hydration, water retention, etc..

my hemo is generally 50-54 , has been ever since I started doing blood work 8 years ago. but I lived at 9300 feet elevation in the rocky mountains most my life (elevation plays a role)
    doctors seeing my blood work were never concerned with that level of hematocrit. never told me to donate blood or worry about it,,because my platelet count was normal.
    Gallowmere and Cuz like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information