Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse

Thread: Needles in the chest

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Needles in the chest

What cardiac exams can detect problems that only the electro cannot see???

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Stress test with echocardiogram with dye. You run on a treadmill until you get a certain heart rate, then they inject you with a dye that goes into your bloodstream. The echocardiogram allows them to see the heart and blood vessels (because of dye).
    JaneDoe likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Stress test with echocardiogram with dye. You run on a treadmill until you get a certain heart rate, then they inject you with a dye that goes into your bloodstream. The echocardiogram allows them to see the heart and blood vessels (because of dye).
    Got it

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    They can do the same in an MRI they inject something to get your heart rate up and then put the dye in...
    I had one around a year ago

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    All an EKG does is measure the electrical impulses being sent to the heart. If you have an exercise stress test, it's optional whether they administer the dye and send you to imaging but there's no imaging done while you're on the treadmill. I've had two and the first time they didn't do any imaging but the second time they did. If they do the imaging it's called a "nuclear" stress test.

They also can do an angiogram, which involves running a catheter to the heart to inject dye while you're laid out on an examining table with "live" imaging. But the cath is inserted into a major artery (in the groin or arm) and you couldn't do much exercise with a tube sticking out of you (not to mention the risk of bleeding from a "leaking" artery), so there is no exercise involved. However, the do get a "moving picture" of the heart in operation. The gamma scan done in a nuclear stress test only produces still images.

EDIT:
    My bad, Test Monsterone, you wrote ECHO-cardiogram but I read ELECTRO-cardiogram. Sorry, must've had a "senior" moment.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 06-30-2020 at 03:02 PM.
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Yep. On the nuclear stress test they actually have a little case with a radioactive icon on it. I've had at least 3, possibly 4, I would have to look back at my records and I'm @ work.

They didn't put me on the treadmill the first 2 times; they said there was too much risk involved, so they revved me up using dobutamine because they said they would have greater control if things started going craptacular.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    @Beetlegeuse, did you have ultrasound scans involved in your testing?
    Man, I swear it feels like they're putting to cram the transducer through your ribcage.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information