Results 1 to 29 of 29
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By BG

Thread: Cut cycle

  1. #1
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39

    Cut cycle

    I'm currently bulking...after I'm done with this cycle I'm going to need to cut down...any suggestions?

    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Ephemeral is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4dfive View Post
    I'm currently bulking...after I'm done with this cycle I'm going to need to cut down...any suggestions?

    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, you could take some drugs.

  3. #3
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,947
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4dfive View Post
    I'm currently bulking...after I'm done with this cycle I'm going to need to cut down...any suggestions?

    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Diet. AAS doesnít make a cut, diet does.
    It sounds like you needed a proper diet to bulk if you want to cut right after a bulk.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BG likes this.

  4. #4
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Diet. AAS doesnít make a cut, diet does.
    It sounds like you needed a proper diet to bulk if you want to cut right after a bulk.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I eat nothin but lean meat and veggies all day with an occasional salad


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    So diets not a problem just looking for tips toward giving my cut a lil boost

    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,947
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4dfive View Post
    I eat nothin but lean meat and veggies all day with an occasional salad


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Your diet may be fine..... you are describing things excessively generic... your requirements, your diet, etc.
    You are using buzz words. No carbs???
    I have a sneaky suspicion you know what you are doing, but trying to come off as though you donít. I just get a feeling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    I have no idea what ur talking about....


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,947
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4dfive View Post
    I have no idea what ur talking about....


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    What are your macros?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    I don't track those never have


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    cylon357's Avatar
    cylon357 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,439
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4dfive View Post
    I don't track those never have


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    You are probably holding yourself back in that case. You should track everything you eat for a few weeks to get an idea and then adjust based on goals. Nutrition, exercise, recovery, and drugs are the four pronged path to success. All are important, maybe even equally important.

  11. #11
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,947
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4dfive View Post
    I don't track those never have


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    I guess if your not competing than you can get away with it, however you might want to try it just to see where you come in. You may be able to get some better results.
    A lot of people think that their diet is good, and when you look at it, it really sucks.
    For the time being, letís assume that your diet is good. I would not cut right after bulking. It sort of defeats the purpose. Remember when cutting, your body is not selective of what it loses to reduce weight. Yes, AAS can save some of the muscle, but you are still likely to lose muscle.
    Rather than cutting, I would raise your cardio.
    Just my $.02


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I guess if your not competing than you can get away with it, however you might want to try it just to see where you come in. You may be able to get some better results.
    A lot of people think that their diet is good, and when you look at it, it really sucks.
    For the time being, letís assume that your diet is good. I would not cut right after bulking. It sort of defeats the purpose. Remember when cutting, your body is not selective of what it loses to reduce weight. Yes, AAS can save some of the muscle, but you are still likely to lose muscle.
    Rather than cutting, I would raise your cardio.
    Just my $.02


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good info thanks bro...

    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Gallowmere's Avatar
    Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,047
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I guess if your not competing than you can get away with it, however you might want to try it just to see where you come in. You may be able to get some better results.
    A lot of people think that their diet is good, and when you look at it, it really sucks.
    For the time being, letís assume that your diet is good. I would not cut right after bulking. It sort of defeats the purpose. Remember when cutting, your body is not selective of what it loses to reduce weight. Yes, AAS can save some of the muscle, but you are still likely to lose muscle.
    Rather than cutting, I would raise your cardio.
    Just my $.02


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To add to this, thereís plenty of good evidence for holding weight for an extended period (six months or more) after a bulking phase (assuming that you donít get fat to the point of health detriment) being conducive to the body holding onto lean tissue better.
    Think of it this way: the body really tries for homeostasis. It wants to return to whatever point you have held for the longest period, that your baseline hormones can support. Itís the same reason that fat people see such a drive (both physiologically and psychologically) to regain the fat that they held before dieting.
    As such, when you cut right after bulking, your physiology determines ďwe canít support all of this, something has to go, so last in first outĒ, which when coming off of a bulking cycle, includes a lot of lean tissue. Between that drive and PCT hormonal reboot issues, this is why 80+% of guys just end up right back where they started a few weeks after a given cycle.
    Hell, itís been nearly a year and a half since my last cut, and yeah, itís been obnoxious looking at the extra squish for so long, but once my coming protocol is finished, Iíll be in a much better place than if I hadnít made myself hold for so long.

  14. #14
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    To add to this, thereís plenty of good evidence for holding weight for an extended period (six months or more) after a bulking phase (assuming that you donít get fat to the point of health detriment) being conducive to the body holding onto lean tissue better.
    Think of it this way: the body really tries for homeostasis. It wants to return to whatever point you have held for the longest period, that your baseline hormones can support. Itís the same reason that fat people see such a drive (both physiologically and psychologically) to regain the fat that they held before dieting.
    As such, when you cut right after bulking, your physiology determines ďwe canít support all of this, something has to go, so last in first outĒ, which when coming off of a bulking cycle, includes a lot of lean tissue. Between that drive and PCT hormonal reboot issues, this is why 80+% of guys just end up right back where they started a few weeks after a given cycle.
    Hell, itís been nearly a year and a half since my last cut, and yeah, itís been obnoxious looking at the extra squish for so long, but once my coming protocol is finished, Iíll be in a much better place than if I hadnít made myself hold for so long.
    Makes sense ill keep that in mind and make sure I use it to my advantage


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Thanks bro


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,672
    Im not a big fan of cutting right after a bulk. I would lean my diet down a little and get into some serious cardio.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  17. #17
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,672
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4dfive View Post
    I eat nothin but lean meat and veggies all day with an occasional salad


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    How were you bulking on that diet? You have to eat to grow.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  18. #18
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    How were you bulking on that diet? You have to eat to grow.
    Lean meat and veggies and protein shakes or high protein foods like beans and nuts

    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,672
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4dfive View Post
    Lean meat and veggies and protein shakes or high protein foods like beans and nuts

    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    You can build some lean muscle that way but to bulk you need calories.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  20. #20
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    You can build some lean muscle that way but to bulk you need calories.
    Well I've been fuckin up lol Smh

    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    You can build some lean muscle that way but to bulk you need calories.
    I mean occasionally I eat red meat and potatoes and shit but for the most part lean meat and veggies


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Gallowmere's Avatar
    Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,047
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4dfive View Post
    I mean occasionally I eat red meat and potatoes and shit but for the most part lean meat and veggies


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Lean meats are fine (fats are highly fucking overrated, especially when using exogenous hormones), but youíre definitely going to want to get more starches in there.
    Potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, oats, decent quality breads, etc. are all easy to eat ways to get the intake up without a bunch of extra bullshit.

  23. #23
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Lean meats are fine (fats are highly fucking overrated, especially when using exogenous hormones), but youíre definitely going to want to get more starches in there.
    Potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, oats, decent quality breads, etc. are all easy to eat ways to get the intake up without a bunch of extra bullshit.


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,672
    Some pasta and oatmeal will help also.



    Again be careful of cutting right after a cycle, I would just do more cardio and keep your diet going, sounds like your eating lean enough to lose fat with a little hard work. Learning how to manipulate your diet for what you desire is the name of the game, then the gear makes magic happen.
    Last edited by BG; 07-05-2020 at 09:13 AM.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  25. #25
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Some pasta and oatmeal will help also.



    Again be careful of cutting right after a cycle, I would just do more cardio and keep your diet going, sounds like your eating lean enough to lose fat with a little hard work. Learning how to manipulate your diet for what you desire is the name of the game, then the gear makes magic happen.
    For sure it just sucks cuz I got into an accident on Feb 18 and I'm having to learn how to walk again so the cardio part is kinda hard u know? But I weighed 145 in may and I'm up to 200 now lol


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    Gallowmere's Avatar
    Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,047
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4dfive View Post
    For sure it just sucks cuz I got into an accident on Feb 18 and I'm having to learn how to walk again so the cardio part is kinda hard u know? But I weighed 145 in may and I'm up to 200 now lol


    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Try jumping on a stationary bike. Very low impact and wonít be impeded by your recovery from your injuries. People often make the mistake of thinking ďcardio=runningĒ, but yeah, no, fuck running.
    Seriously, even amongst tiny ass 110 lbs. people, the impact of endurance running gives it the highest injury rate among all sports, including Strongman and fucking professional football. So yeah, think that shitís a good idea when youíre 200 lbs. and previously injured?

  27. #27
    colt4dfive is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Try jumping on a stationary bike. Very low impact and wonít be impeded by your recovery from your injuries. People often make the mistake of thinking ďcardio=runningĒ, but yeah, no, fuck running.
    Seriously, even amongst tiny ass 110 lbs. people, the impact of endurance running gives it the highest injury rate among all sports, including Strongman and fucking professional football. So yeah, think that shitís a good idea when youíre 200 lbs. and previously injured?
    Lol right

    Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,947
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Some pasta and oatmeal will help also.



    Again be careful of cutting right after a cycle, I would just do more cardio and keep your diet going, sounds like your eating lean enough to lose fat with a little hard work. Learning how to manipulate your diet for what you desire is the name of the game, then the gear makes magic happen.
    I thought I was the only one that adjusted cardio instead of adjusting my diet. LOL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #29
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    1,798
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    You can build some lean muscle that way but to bulk you need calories.

    And carbohydrates! Glucose and glycogen - ATP

    Instrumental in a true bulk.

    Save the lean meats, veggies and cardio for your cut.

    Agree with BG though. No point in jumping straight to a cut after a bulk. Great way to lose the muscle you acquired during your bulk...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •