• 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By Chark
  • 1 Post By Capebuffalo
  • 2 Post By Gallowmere

Thread: Been waiting to go on AAS

ronanthebard is offline New Member

Been waiting to go on AAS

Hey guys,

Been lifting/into fitness my whole life, and decided at 20 I was going to eventually use AAS. Being the person I am, I started researching it, and came across the universal recommendation that running AAS at 20 is retarded--so I didn't. Turning 25 soon, so I went to get bloodwork done, and surprise, I have low test. So not only am I going to go on, I'm going to be on TRT for the rest of my life probably, because the cause of my low test is genetic. I just got diagnosed way the hell earlier than my dad. Anyway, all the non-gear factors are lined up. I eat clean, get my sleep, and workout 6-7 days a week. My stats are:

195, 12% bodyfat(visible abs, but not razor-cut)
    Squat 415(completely raw, no belt or wraps)
    Bench 295
    Weighted chin up +120
    I've also pulled 565 a few years back, but I had a bad accident last year that's left my lower back never feeling quite the same so I don't go heavy on pulls anymore.

My workout varies from block to block, but it's usually 3x full body + 3-4 days of conditioning, or 2x upper 2x lower with 2-3 days of conditioning. Also worth considering my job winds up working out to about two hours worth of easy cardio per workday.

So, question is this: I want to improve my strength first and mass second. I have to maintain a high level of conditioning for my work, so packing on 30 pounds(especially with the amount of water weight that will be) over a few months is a no-go. I'm thinking of a standard 500mg test cycle with the appropriate ancillaries and PCT, and just keeping my surplus very light(250 calorie range) and eating 100% clean instead of 95%. Basically drop my monthly couple of beers and my every-other-week cheat meal for the 16 weeks I'm wanting to go on cycle--or I guess, blast, since I'm apparently going to be on TRT for the rest of my life anyway.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to modify my first cycle to avoid anything more than 10 pounds of weight gain, and how to keep those gains as dry as possible. I'm open to taking orals if that would help, though I'm a complete noob here and so have zero idea. Just trying to keep my conditioning where it needs to be and avoid super watery gains. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ronanthebard; 07-09-2020 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronanthebard View Post
    Hey guys,

Been lifting/into fitness my whole life, and decided at 20 I was going to eventually use AAS. Being the person I am, I started researching it, and came across the universal recommendation that running AAS at 20 is retarded--so I didn't. Turning 25 soon, so I went to get bloodwork done, and surprise, I have low test. So not only am I going to go on, I'm going to be on TRT for the rest of my life probably, because the cause of my low test is genetic. I just got diagnosed way the hell earlier than my dad. Anyway, all the non-gear factors are lined up. I eat clean, get my sleep, and workout 6-7 days a week. My stats are:

195, 12% bodyfat(visible abs, but not razor-cut)
    Squat 415(completely raw, no belt or wraps)
    Bench 295
    Weighted chin up +120
    I've also pulled 565 a few years back, but I had a bad accident last year that's left my lower back never feeling quite the same so I don't go heavy on pulls anymore.

My workout varies from block to block, but it's usually 3x full body + 3-4 days of conditioning, or 2x upper 2x lower with 2-3 days of conditioning. Also worth considering my job winds up working out to about two hours worth of easy cardio per workday.

So, question is this: I want to improve my strength first and mass second. see below #1 I have to maintain a high level of conditioning for my work, so packing on 30 pounds(especially with the amount of water weight that will be) over a few months is a no-go. I'm thinking of a standard 500mg test cycle with the appropriate ancillaries and PCT, and just keeping my surplus very light(250 calorie range) and eating 100% clean instead of 95%. see below #2 Basically drop my monthly couple of beers and my every-other-week cheat meal for the 16 weeks I'm wanting to go on cycle--or I guess, blast, since I'm apparently going to be on TRT for the rest of my life anyway. You are 25... there is no reason to think you will be on TRT for life. Don't decide to blast and cruise before you have even done your first cycle.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to modify my first cycle to avoid anything more than 10 pounds of weight gain, and how to keep those gains as dry as possible. see below #3 I'm open to taking orals if that would help, though I'm a complete noob here and so have zero idea. Just trying to keep my conditioning where it needs to be and avoid super watery gains. Thanks in advance!
    #1 I personally feel that testosterone doesn't give me much strength gain. What it does give me is the ability to recover faster and thus train more and thus get stronger.

#2 If anything being on cycle raises your metabolism... couple that with more training see #1 above and you may find you need to eat those 500 extra calories.

#3 Keep some AI on hand. One if you prove to be estrogen sensitive you can protect yourself from gyno. Two if you find you are getting too much bloat then you can take some AI.
    Realize that water weight and estrogen actually helps you grow a bit more muscle.
    Realize that your diet is going to greatly affect how much you will bloat.

You will not gain 30lbs on 500mg of test.
    You will probably gain 8-12lbs IMO.
    Test Monsterone and Dgs59 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    #1 I personally feel that testosterone doesn't give me much strength gain. What it does give me is the ability to recover faster and thus train more and thus get stronger.

#2 If anything being on cycle raises your metabolism... couple that with more training see #1 above and you may find you need to eat those 500 extra calories.

#3 Keep some AI on hand. One if you prove to be estrogen sensitive you can protect yourself from gyno. Two if you find you are getting too much bloat then you can take some AI.
    Realize that water weight and estrogen actually helps you grow a bit more muscle.
    Realize that your diet is going to greatly affect how much you will bloat.

You will not gain 30lbs on 500mg of test.
    You will probably gain 8-12lbs IMO.

I'll start with 500 then and if that makes me feel bloated or w/e, I'll just cut down the calories a little. Already have money budgeted for an AI during my cycle, was planning on using Aromasin , and will have more than enough left over when I drop to a regular TRT dose that if I'm crazy estrogen sensitive I can mitigate that still.

What compound do you think would be best for a boost in strength without a hit to cardio? Also worth noting, I've been balding since 16, so I'm not worried about taking anything that makes that worse. I already bic my head 3x a week.

To be clear...
    I recommend using no AI at first.

I do not advise blasting and cruising at your age.
    You haven't even cycled yet. One step at a time.

There are many compounds that help with strength but I would do test only at first.
    (T-bol, anavar , halo, tren , etc...)
    Some like anavar can make cardio difficult due to pumps.
    Halo can't be run long term. It is more a peaking type of thing.
    Tren often times affects cardio.
    Things like dbol and anadrol add more bodyweight than you are looking for.
    T-bol would be your best bet. Possibly try t-tbol test on your next run.

You will get stronger from test alone provided you train and eat.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 07-09-2020 at 07:48 AM.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Okay, I'll definitely take your advice. Just 500mg test for this first cycle, and I'll keep tbol in mind down the road. I'd heard of waiting to use an AI, I just wasn't certain how much of a risky game that was.

When I say B/C, I mean going back on regular TRT, because I have levels in the 300s as a 25 year old who has sleep, nutrition, and training dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by ronanthebard View Post
    Okay, I'll definitely take your advice. Just 500mg test for this first cycle, and I'll keep tbol in mind down the road. I'd heard of waiting to use an AI, I just wasn't certain how much of a risky game that was.

When I say B/C, I mean going back on regular TRT, because I have levels in the 300s as a 25 year old who has sleep, nutrition, and training dialed in.
    Didn't realize you had low T.

Didn't realize you had low T.
    Yup, got the old man and probably his old man to thank for that. My dad only got diagnosed at 50, but I'd been wondering when my number was gonna be up.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with Dog, I don't think testosterone adds much in terms of strength. I think you are responsible in the fact that you are not asking about starting multiple compounds at crazy dosages. 500 mg of test is a good amount to start with and see how your body reacts. I also agree with skipping the AI at first, but having it on hand in case you get estrogenic side effects.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Some like anavar can make cardio difficult due to pumps.
    Today I couldn't get past one set of modified squats due to the pumps in my lower back... Literally insane pain!

Chark is offline Member
    You could always start with 500mg test and modify amount or diet as you see fit/see what happens. If you’re worried about gaining too much weight starting with 400mg/week is also viable. Although often recommended, 500/wk is something like 10 times the average guys natty production (IIRC 7mg/day is “normal”).

Since you’re concerned with strength and not gaining too much weight, although oral-only cycles aren’t often recommended you could dip your toe in with an anavar only cycle, although as others stated it could affect your cardio. Oral-only is typically not recommended as orals will suppress your natural production.
    Last edited by Chark; 07-09-2020 at 09:10 AM.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    In my experience you will gain a good bit of strength on your first cycle with just test. You won’t be winning powerlifting events but there will be strength gains. As said above have ai on hand but don’t start taking it at the beginning of the cycle.
    Dgs59 likes this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    In my experience you will gain a good bit of strength on your first cycle with just test. You won’t be winning powerlifting events but there will be strength gains. As said above have ai on hand but don’t start taking it at the beginning of the cycle.
    Absolutely this. While I didn’t see some massive explosion, my first test only cycle (600/week) was basically like another round of “newbie gains” on strength performance.
    Capebuffalo and Dgs59 like this.

Thread Information