Thread: Thyroid test results

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Thyroid test results

Test results.
    Anti- thyroglobulin- 18 U/ml. STD <61
    Thyroglobulin- 3.3 NG/ml. STD .1-55
    Free T4- .76. STD.76-1.46
    TSH- 12.2 mcIU/ml. STD .358- 3.800

I know this is all out of whack. I had thyroid removed however I was taking 1.25 mg thyroxine.
    The Dr is going to up it to 1.5. I am lost with this. I think that my value should be 1.76-2.0 mg . I don’t want to be a test sample for the next year.

Dr said we will discuss long term strategy at my appointment. WTF??? What else is there other than T4??

I have gained 10 lbs in a week. I am overweight. I think this is due to T4 dosage since my diet is exactly the same . I knew how I would react previously now I feel a little lost.

I am going to start cycling again and try a recomp to lower my fat content. My understanding was that I would be the same with T4 at proper levels. I am beginning g to doubt that.
    Any knowledge of this would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Your tsh is very high, which means it is trying hard to "stimulate" the thyroid. Normal tsh is .4 to 3 . I dont understand your levo dose. Levo is dosed in mcg...what did u say yours is, again? Regardless, your levo needs to be "bumped up" to bring the tsh down.

Quote Originally Posted by flexin-rph View Post
    Your tsh is very high, which means it is trying hard to "stimulate" the thyroid. Normal tsh is .4 to 3 . I dont understand your levo dose. Levo is dosed in mcg...what did u say yours is, again? Regardless, your levo needs to be "bumped up" to bring the tsh down.
    You are correct. Mcg

So, he's incresing you from 125mcg to 150mcg, correct? If so, they will prolly recheck you in 6 weeks.
    simm likes this.

He is staring low and working up. Common practice. It does take a while and sucks.
    I would guess you end up near 200mcg.
    Just be patient.

Being that you had your thyroid removed due to cancer I am guessing he will want your TSH at 1 or under.

This sucks. Meanwhile I gain weight.
    I just don’t understand what he meant by long term. I am only aware of T4 to help this.

There is a possibility of adding t3 (liothyronine) to the regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by flexin-rph View Post
    There is a possibility of adding t3 (liothyronine) to the regimen.
    I’ve heard it’s possible but very rare.
    Well, fuck it. I am going to lose weight one way or another. I am still in control. I lost 4 lbs- but hardly ate.
    Now, I just need to start all over and dial things in.

KittyO1 is offline Female Member
    This is the struggle I’ve had for years!! I completely understand the frustration with the weight gain! I finally found a doctor to treat my thyroid. I am currently on NP thyroid which is a natural desiccated thyroid like armor thyroid. It contains t4 and t3. (Only 5 weeks in and no weight loss though)
    You may need to request to have your t3 tested as well. With your tsh high- your pituitary gland is trying to stimulate your thyroid (obviously can’t anymore) Your t4 is low so I imagine t3 is as well- which would be the biggest cause in the drop in metabolism. I’d just try to push your doctor to adjusting things a bit more- then pulling back if your levels get too high. They really like to take it slow but they may be willing to listen and be a bit more aggressive with treatment. Worth a shot!
    charger69 likes this.

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

Quote Originally Posted by KittyO1 View Post
    This is the struggle I’ve had for years!! I completely understand the frustration with the weight gain! I finally found a doctor to treat my thyroid. I am currently on NP thyroid which is a natural desiccated thyroid like armor thyroid. It contains t4 and t3. (Only 5 weeks in and no weight loss though)
    You may need to request to have your t3 tested as well. With your tsh high- your pituitary gland is trying to stimulate your thyroid (obviously can’t anymore) Your t4 is low so I imagine t3 is as well- which would be the biggest cause in the drop in metabolism. I’d just try to push your doctor to adjusting things a bit more- then pulling back if your levels get too high. They really like to take it slow but they may be willing to listen and be a bit more aggressive with treatment. Worth a shot!
    I’ll try, but I’m in California. I was diagnosed with low test. And the endo refused TRT because the risks were not worth the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I’ll try, but I’m in California. I was diagnosed with low test. And the endo refused TRT because the risks were not worth the benefits.

Not sure what part you’re in but a couple of guys I know go to this guy and rave at how excellent he is at getting everything balanced, even vitamin & mineral deficiencies! It’s a pay out of pocket place but worth it to get everything back where it should be imo!
    http://newportnaturopathic.com/

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

Quote Originally Posted by KittyO1 View Post
    Not sure what part you’re in but a couple of guys I know go to this guy and rave at how excellent he is at getting everything balanced, even vitamin & mineral deficiencies! It’s a pay out of pocket place but worth it to get everything back where it should be imo!
    http://newportnaturopathic.com/
    Thank you!!! I’m in SoCal.

I put in the site, and this is what pops up. Are you trying to tell me something. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Thank you!!! I’m in SoCal.

I put in the site, and this is what pops up. Are you trying to tell me something. LOL

Rofl that’s funny...it’s 2 guy friends that I know that use him. One gave me his info because I had a hysterectomy in May and was trying to get everything planned after so maybe that’s why.
    charger69 likes this.

‬‬

Thread Information