Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By Dgs59
  • 1 Post By Quester

Thread: Getting right tests done

Dgs59 is offline Member

Question Getting right tests done

I walked out of doctor's room after he really pissed me off, tell me if I over reacted but i simply asked him to do a full blood and harmonal tests and he printed out the following for me

Iron studies
    Fasting Lipids
    Mg
    VitD
    Ca
    Fasting testosterone

I am not a doctor but what the heck. I politely asked him to add some in and he refused saying no I am very healthy and I don't need those tests... I said sure but I just want to get checked and he asked if I am using steroids , long story short I am going private this time around,

I am doing the following

Free and total Testosterone
    E2 (Oestradiol)
    SHBG
    Prolactin
    Progesterone
    FSH/LH
    DHEAS
    Cortisol
    IGF-1 + GH
    Fasting Lipids

What else should I add into it?

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This appears to be a common event in the UK. If you are in US, just use a private lab then switch to a sympathetic GP.
    -
    "Fasting testosterone " -never heard of it.
    -
    I wouldn't worry about testing GH because IGF-1 will work and a private lab will just go with that and administer GHRP/GHRH combos.
    -
    Go ahead and add CBC, Metabolic panel and full lipid panel. Take the test first thing in morning after fasting. If not testing lipids there is no need to fast, If not testing in early in morning, cortisol will not be accurate.
    -
    Add E2 sensitive assay.
    -
    This forum has a sponsor that does testing which you can use for your personal info.
    -
    IMO
    Never walk out of Dr's office, it just validates their confirmation bias. You'll probably have to pay anyway so just smile and then don't follow through with the testing.
    Dgs59 likes this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    This appears to be a common event in the UK. If you are in US, just use a private lab then switch to a sympathetic GP.
    -
    "Fasting testosterone " -never heard of it.
    -
    I wouldn't worry about testing GH because IGF-1 will work and a private lab will just go with that and administer GHRP/GHRH combos.
    -
    Go ahead and add CBC, Metabolic panel and full lipid panel. Take the test first thing in morning after fasting. If not testing lipids there is no need to fast, If not testing in early in morning, cortisol will not be accurate.
    -
    Add E2 sensitive assay.
    -
    This forum has a sponsor that does testing which you can use for your personal info.
    -
    IMO
    Never walk out of Dr's office, it just validates their confirmation bias. You'll probably have to pay anyway so just smile and then don't follow through with the testing.
    Cheers, thanks I will add them in yes I think I over reacted (just because I look good doesn't mean I am fully healthy + his way of asking if I am on steroids with his judgement face made me bit upset). I will do private from now on. (I am from Australia)
    Quester likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you're concern is simply to get labs, the forum has a sponsor for that, it's cheap.
    Dgs59 likes this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    If you're concern is simply to get labs, the forum has a sponsor for that, it's cheap.
    In Australia? I had to pay almost $200

Thread Information