Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Capebuffalo
  • 1 Post By kiki123

Thread: BP raised, 6th week into first cycle

kiki123 is offline Associate Member

BP raised, 6th week into first cycle

OK so just starting week 6 of 400mg/wk of test e.

BP pre cycle was 113/59
    BP week 6 now 142/78

Estrogen
    Pre cycle 82 (< 161)

Estrogen week 4 of cycle
    Oestradiol 460 pmol/L * (< 161)

I'm still not taking an AI. Have exemestane available as well as Nolva. No bloating, oily skin or other sides at this point. If anything, my skin is actually drier than normal. Weight is up approx 7lbs.

I'm doing cardio 35mins only 3 times a week, I'm going to up it to 6 days a week. Usually around 155bpm at 270watts on elliptical for 35mins.

Could I avoid taking my AI and just up my cardio to combat the high BP? Thoughts on this appreciated please.
    Last edited by kiki123; 07-12-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    How many times have you taken your blood pressure? If you don’t take it multiple times a day at different times, you don’t know what is really going on. One reading is not enough. I say that because you provided very specific numbers instead of a range.

That said, I don’t believe in the idea of not taking any AI, especially if one is prone to BP issues and other estrogenic side effects like water retention, etc.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    When your estrogen elevates you retain more water, thus raising your blood pressure. It just happens. If you dont lower your estrogen your risking your health. A little too much estrogen is ok actually beneficial in making your bones stronger as well as others but too much is very bad thing. I would consider stopping the cycle or adding arimidex at .5mg 2x a week

Rainshaker is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiki123 View Post
    OK so just starting week 6 of 400mg/wk of test e.

BP pre cycle was 113/59
    BP week 6 now 142/78

Estrogen
    Pre cycle 82 (< 161)

Estrogen week 4 of cycle
    Oestradiol 460 pmol/L * (< 161)

I'm still not taking an AI. Have exemestane available as well as Nolva. No bloating, oily skin or other sides at this point. If anything, my skin is actually drier than normal. Weight is up approx 7lbs.

I'm doing cardio 35mins only 3 times a week, I'm going to up it to 6 days a week. Usually around 155bpm at 270watts on elliptical for 35mins.

Could I avoid taking my AI and just up my cardio to combat the high BP? Thoughts on this appreciated please.
    You could try adding a natural AI to start with and see if it is effective for you. I personally use grape seed extract and have had excellent results with it. Currently on 500mg test e per week and 30mg Dbol ED and have had zero water retention or BP issues using the grape seed. Also diet can play a huge factor, at least IMO. Bananas are great for both fiber and potassium which should help keep BP in check. I eat a minimum of 6 bananas every day and the added benefit is I up my calories by a solid 400-600 and get crazy workout energy if I eat them all as a smoothie preworkout. Again I'm no expert but this is what has been working for me and might be worth a try. I personally think that the AI's like adex and extemestane are nasty stuff, I'd be far more concerned about taking them then taking the actual AAS, plus crashing estrogen can be just as nasty, if not worse then having an over excess.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    How many times have you taken your blood pressure? If you don’t take it multiple times a day at different times, you don’t know what is really going on. One reading is not enough. I say that because you provided very specific numbers instead of a range.

That said, I don’t believe in the idea of not taking any AI, especially if one is prone to BP issues and other estrogenic side effects like water retention, etc.
    The pre cycle BP was an average over 3 different days. The BP from 6 weeks in was just the average of a few tries on the same day. The cuff is definitely a smaller one for me, there's only an inch or 2 overlap for the velcro to attach to. I'm sure it will read lower with a bigger cuff. But no doubt it is higher than before, all things being equal.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiki123 View Post
    The pre cycle BP was an average over 3 different days. The BP from 6 weeks in was just the average of a few tries on the same day. The cuff is definitely a smaller one for me, there's only an inch or 2 overlap for the velcro to attach to. I'm sure it will read lower with a bigger cuff. But no doubt it is higher than before, all things being equal.

I had no luck finding a good cuff for arms over 18". I ended up getting a wrist bp monitor, made by Omron I believe, and it works well.

Personally my bp can be 20 points higher one day than another, and it's mostly diet and stress related. If I'm eating salty foods and I'm drinking coffee/feeling stress, it will go up to 145/90. And that's with BP meds.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Take the readings from both sides. Mine runs higher on the right than the left.
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I had no luck finding a good cuff for arms over 18". I ended up getting a wrist bp monitor, made by Omron I believe, and it works well.

Personally my bp can be 20 points higher one day than another, and it's mostly diet and stress related. If I'm eating salty foods and I'm drinking coffee/feeling stress, it will go up to 145/90. And that's with BP meds.
    If you have a autoinflate sphygmomanometer bybOmron, the link below should help you:

https://www.amazon.com/Omron-HEM-907.../dp/B002LV5Z6U
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I've taken your advice and bought a wrist BP monitor. Should have it in a few days and I'll start to get a better idea of my average reading.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Thread Information