• 1 Post By Rainshaker
  • 4 Post By Gallowmere
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By KINGKONG

Thread: Injection problems

Rainshaker is offline Junior Member

Injection problems

Hey guys having some issues from my last injection. I pinned 1ml of test e in my left deltoid on Friday. Injection went smooth and PIP wasnt even bad. The next day however I had a very small hard lump about 2 inches below the injection site that is tender to the touch. Feels very similar to when you get a knotted muscle. The bigger concern however is that I have quite a bit of swelling just above my elbow. No lumps or hardness but most definitely some fluid swelling. Also no redness or heat so far.

I am quite used to the small knot type lumps and a little bit of tenderness, but have never had my actual arm swell up from fluid. Not sure if I should be concerned or of this is a fairly normal reaction. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also for the record I am below 7% BF and inject using a 5/8" 25g needle. I always switch to a fresh needle after drawing my test. I also follow all proper sanitation protocol.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wouldn’t sweat it yet, keep an eye on it and check for redness and streaking.
    I would ice it and take some ibuprofen.
    The last thing you want to do is start poking and prodding or trying to “drain” it.

Sounds like you have a good pulse on it and an understanding of your body. Can also try rubbing above or below the knot and see if you can coax some of that fluid out of there

If it’s nit better in 2 days or so, it may be time to pivot. For now, I’d just continue to watch it.
    Rainshaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    I wouldn’t sweat it yet, keep an eye on it and check for redness and streaking.
    I would ice it and take some ibuprofen.
    The last thing you want to do is start poking and prodding or trying to “drain” it.

Sounds like you have a good pulse on it and an understanding of your body. Can also try rubbing above or below the knot and see if you can coax some of that fluid out of there

If it’s nit better in 2 days or so, it may be time to pivot. For now, I’d just continue to watch it.
    Thanks for the response, will definitely keep an eye on it. It's kind of strange the knot is about 2 inches below the injection site and then the swelling is even further below that. The swelling is more around where the bicep heads connect into the elbow joint. Will continue to massage the knot and see how things progress throughout the day. I've had plenty of knots and PIP just never had fluid swelling like this so far below the injection site. I'm starting to think maybe it's more tendon/ligament strain then it actually is to do with the injection, I did go a little ham on my workout yesterday.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    For sure, could’ve been some underlying inflammation as well. Ice, anti-inflammatory and a level head (which I can tell you do). If it gets red, streaky or hot then it may be time to see a doc (I’m sure it won’t go there but better safe than sorry). Keep us posted
    Rainshaker likes this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member

Injection problems

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshaker View Post
    Thanks for the response, will definitely keep an eye on it. It's kind of strange the knot is about 2 inches below the injection site and then the swelling is even further below that. The swelling is more around where the bicep heads connect into the elbow joint. Will continue to massage the knot and see how things progress throughout the day. I've had plenty of knots and PIP just never had fluid swelling like this so far below the injection site. I'm starting to think maybe it's more tendon/ligament strain then it actually is to do with the injection, I did go a little ham on my workout yesterday.
    That’s not abnormal at all. The oil (and shit your body uses to break it down) got rejected from the muscle, and it’s now pooling at the tie-in point for the fascia to joint tissue. It’s basically just trapped where gravity put it.
    I’ve had it happen several times. I just use hot packs and gentle massage to help it break down and absorb. The inflammation and shit is usually just the skin reacting negatively to the solvents used. Benadryl generally knocks that part way down for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    That’s not abnormal at all. The oil (and shit your body uses to break it down) got rejected from the muscle, and it’s now pooling at the tie-in point for the fascia to joint tissue. It’s basically just trapped where gravity put it.
    I’ve had it happen several times. I just use hot packs and gentle massage to help it break down and absorb. The inflammation and shit is usually just the skin reacting negatively to the solvents used. Benadryl generally knocks that part way down for me.
    I figured it was nothing to worry about, but would be worth getting a second opinion. I have had oil come out of the muscle before and pool up, but this seems different. When I say its swollen I mean it's literally about 20% more round/puffy in that area then my right arm in the same spot, and my left is my weak side so usually a bit smaller then my right anyway. Main reason I noticed is because it is making my arm look really out of proportion.

I figured it was nothing to worry about, but would be worth getting a second opinion. I have had oil come out of the muscle before and pool up, but this seems different. When I say its swollen I mean it's literally about 20% more round/puffy in that area then my right arm in the same spot, and my left is my weak side so usually a bit smaller then my right anyway. Main reason I noticed is because it is making my arm look really out of proportion.
    That’s the inflammation. Even without puking, the solvents tend to piss off the skin over my biceps more than anywhere else. No idea why, but it’s a thing for me. Shit just seems puffy and squishy as fuck when it starts getting mad, whereas I can normally see huge amounts of vasculature on the insides of my arms.
    Rainshaker likes this.

That’s the inflammation. Even without puking, the solvents tend to piss off the skin over my biceps more than anywhere else. No idea why, but it’s a thing for me. Shit just seems puffy and squishy as fuck when it starts getting mad, whereas I can normally see huge amounts of vasculature on the insides of my arms.
    Sounds identical to me man, I'm normally so vascular and right now it literally looks like I'm just retaining water in my left arm lol. Anyway thanks for the response and I wont sweat it, thinking it might be time to switch it up and try pinning my bi's or tri's. I'd like to do my pecks but I'm super nervous to try for some reason.

Sounds identical to me man, I'm normally so vascular and right now it literally looks like I'm just retaining water in my left arm lol. Anyway thanks for the response and I wont sweat it, thinking it might be time to switch it up and try pinning my bi's or tri's. I'd like to do my pecks but I'm super nervous to try for some reason.
    Pecs are actually really easy, and are one of my staple spots now. A word of advise though, don’t do the stupid “reach across to puff up the muscle” shit. Every time I do that, I end up with absurd pip for a week. No idea why.
    When I just jab the 1” in right in the middle with everything sitting neutral, I have no issues whatsoever, and it’s one of my favorite sites.
    Rainshaker and KINGKONG like this.

Pecs are actually really easy, and are one of my staple spots now. A word of advise though, don’t do the stupid “reach across to puff up the muscle” shit. Every time I do that, I end up with absurd pip for a week. No idea why.
    When I just jab the 1” in right in the middle with everything sitting neutral, I have no issues whatsoever, and it’s one of my favorite sites.
    Nice man that makes me feel a little braver about it. Do you just inject dead center? Also what size needle would you go for someone extra lean, I usually go 5/8" in my delts.

Nice man that makes me feel a little braver about it. Do you just inject dead center? Also what size needle would you go for someone extra lean, I usually go 5/8" in my delts.
    I go 1” on pretty much everything, but I don’t fully insert if I don’t need it. I don’t see the point in keeping a bunch of different length pins around for no reason.
    Typical locations and angles:

Chark likes this.

Perfect thanks, I'll give it a go on my next pin day. Appreciate the help

Still wasnt brave enough to try the pec yet. However all issues from the initial injection in this post went away no problem. Next injection in the right delt also went fine with no issue whatsoever. However when I went back to the left delt on Friday I ended up with the exact same thing again. Knot/lump about 2 inches below injection site and now today swelling above the elbow again. Obviously it's not a big deal and I know it will go away again, but is there any danger in this? Does it increase my chance of infection or abcess?
    Last edited by Rainshaker; 07-19-2020 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Spelling
    BG likes this.

Injection problems

Still wasnt brave enough to try the pec yet. However all issues from the initial injection in this post went away no problem. Next injection in the right delt also went fine with no issue whatsoever. However when I went back to the left delt on Friday I ended up with the exact same thing again. Knot/lump about 2 inches below injection site and now today swelling above the elbow again. Obviously it's not a big deal and I know it will go away again, but is there any danger in this? Does it increase my chance of infection or abcess?
    If you’re having a problematic muscle that wasn’t problematic before, take it out of rotation for a few weeks. There is a reason that the oil is rejecting, even if we can’t know what it is.
    This is why I recommend people have so many muscles that they are used to and comfortable with pinning. I currently have 14 sites in my rotation, so even with daily injections, I’m only hitting each muscle every two weeks.
    If one decides to start being weird, I have four more that I can easily fall back on.
    BG, KINGKONG, Rainshaker and 1 others like this.

If you’re having a problematic muscle that wasn’t problematic before, take it out of rotation for a few weeks. There is a reason that the oil is rejecting, even if we can’t know what it is.
    This is why I recommend people have so many muscles that they are used to and comfortable with pinning. I currently have 14 sites in my rotation, so even with daily injections, I’m only hitting each muscle every two weeks.
    If one decides to start being weird, I have four more that I can easily fall back on.
    That was kinda what I figured, I will have to start switching it up more. I figured with just 2 1ml injections per week I'd be fine with just rotating the delts but obviously my left side just doesnt want to do it. Well guess it's time to brave up and go for the pec or bicep. I'm wondering with how lean I am if I could get away with 1/2 inch in the pec.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good post.

If someone is having an issue with an injection site it also could be from hitting the same pin location time and time again. You would be surprised if you took a sharpie and marked the locations how we go right for the same exact spot. Back in the day I used to do this to try to stop scare tissue build up, once you get a decent amount of that going it can ruin the site completely. I have a few spot I cant shoot because it wont inject out of the syringe.
    KINGKONG likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Good post.

If someone is having an issue with an injection site it also could be from hitting the same pin location time and time again. You would be surprised if you took a sharpie and marked the locations how we go right for the same exact spot. Back in the day I used to do this to try to stop scare tissue build up, once you get a decent amount of that going it can ruin the site completely. I have a few spot I cant shoot because it wont inject out of the syringe.
    Scar tissue is a bitch, I agree..my gluteus are dead to the pin, like two big patches of scar tissue..rotation and sub q will save a lot of hassle long term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    Scar tissue is a bitch, I agree..my gluteus are dead to the pin, like two big patches of scar tissue..rotation and sub q will save a lot of hassle long term

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post

KK- we talk about scar tissue from injections, not whips and chains like you are referring to.

KINGKONG and Gallowmere like this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    KK- we talk about scar tissue from injections, not whips and chains like you are referring to.

Damn man, now I just sound stupid

Gallowmere likes this.

Thread Information