Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere
  • 2 Post By Cuz
  • 2 Post By Gallowmere
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: Subcutaneous Cyp???

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member

Subcutaneous Cyp???

Whats up guys it's been a minute. So today I got an actual script for TRT 100mg/ml Cyp, and went I went to pick it up the pharmacist gave me insulin needles, I was like no I need 25 guage 1.5 inch at least. He said no this say subcutaneous, I actually had him call the endocrinologist to confirm and sure enough she said she wants me to do 50mg twice a week subcutaneous. Apparently this is what they reccomend now, I havent cycled in 3 years I'm kind of hesitant to go this route I'd rather spot inject properly. Have any if you tried Cyp SubC?

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Extremely common now, a lot of guys around here prefer it as well. Can post up in the TRT section and get even more traction.

Good to see you around. 2003, nice work!

Respect

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEO-OEN View Post
    Whats up guys it's been a minute. So today I got an actual script for TRT 100mg/ml Cyp, and went I went to pick it up the pharmacist gave me insulin needles, I was like no I need 25 guage 1.5 inch at least. He said no this say subcutaneous, I actually had him call the endocrinologist to confirm and sure enough she said she wants me to do 50mg twice a week subcutaneous. Apparently this is what they reccomend now, I havent cycled in 3 years I'm kind of hesitant to go this route I'd rather spot inject properly. Have any if you tried Cyp SubC?
    SUBQ is very common these days. For the last few months I have done daily injects with TEST CYP subq but just recently went to IM because I'm traveling frequently.

I do my TRT subQ
    I wouldn’t do more than 0.5ml in one spot though.

Fetch is offline Member
    I've run all sorts of shit sub-q. TRT works - there was a Canadian study several years ago now that actually found you achieve more stable test levels over time with that route. My personal experience - .4ml is all I can take at one site, and never go below the belly button (on either side.) I don't know why and I've never had a doctor be able to explain it, but I sometimes get AWFUL coughing fits pinning that low.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’ve done it a fair amount, and I wish it worked better for me, because there are one hell of a more more fat deposits than individual muscles, and it’s just a faster process.
    For whatever reason, I consistently end up about 300-325 lower with subq than IM (~890 vs. ~585). Same dose, same vial even, but my body just doesn’t seem to process it the same between methods.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Sub q absorbtion rate is lower than IM. I prefer IM myself for a cycle but trt i could see the ease in sub q

Subcutaneous Cyp???

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    I wonder if this is dose / person dependent. Dr John was a big supporter of Subq (at least for TRT, don't know about cycling) and felt that the absorption rate was about 20% better with subq.
    It very likely is down to individual response. I’ve seen too many anecdotal reports of bloodwork showing higher levels with subq to discount that it happens.
    It seems to be about a 25/25/50 thing in my experience, without crunching hard numbers. 25% higher, 25% lower, 50% so close either way as to make no difference.
    As for the dose: my TRT at that time was nothing more than 100/week. I got great levels from that with IM, and completely middling with subq.
    Cylon357 and Cuz like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    I wonder if this is dose / person dependent. Dr John was a big supporter of Subq (at least for TRT, don't know about cycling) and felt that the absorption rate was about 20% better with subq.
    My post was supposed to say “slower” not “lower” . I myself have not conducted any studies relating to sub q injections vs IM injections with the same testosterone and the same mg/ml.
    Everything i had read showed that IM injections absorbed faster than sub q but again i have no hard evidence to back this it was just online articles
    Cylon357 likes this.

Fetch is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    My post was supposed to say “slower” not “lower” . I myself have not conducted any studies relating to sub q injections vs IM injections with the same testosterone and the same mg/ml.
    Everything i had read showed that IM injections absorbed faster than sub q but again i have no hard evidence to back this it was just online articles
    I just looked through the literature and I can't find anything like that. Do you have a source I can read up on? Every study I found this morning says that the test levels are virtually the same using either method of injection, but that patients overwhelmingly prefer Sub Cutaneous.

Edit: I misread your statement a bit. Yes, absorption is delayed, but overall test levels even out over time and the two methods produce the same serum levels. Sorry!
    Last edited by Fetch; 07-12-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    I just looked through the literature and I can't find anything like that. Do you have a source I can read up on? Every study I found this morning says that the test levels are virtually the same using either method of injection, but that patients overwhelmingly prefer Sub Cutaneous.

Edit: I misread your statement a bit. Yes, absorption is delayed, but overall test levels even out over time and the two methods produce the same serum levels. Sorry!
    The problem with RCTs for something like this, is that it works off of statistics and throws out outliers.
    So yes, as I posited above, the majority will either see no difference, or an improvement. However, there’s always those few poor bastards like myself who lose ~33% of the testosterone absorption by going subq.
    My advice with this, as with all things in this realm, is use the studies as a starting point, but don’t blindly assume that it’s correct. Try shit, test results for you specifically, readjust as needed.

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for all the replies peeps. So I tried my first .5 shot a couple days ago. I was worried it was going to cause some irritation but TBH there was no burning no stinging no welt, it was actually less noticeable then the somatropin was. Haha yeah bro I've been lurking here since 2003, but started cranking in like 1994. Hence why I'm 43 and had a 3 9 natural test level lol. I ran hard all through my 30s and stopped 3 years ago, was wondering why I was dead tired and gained 30 pounds. I guess having the test levels of a highschool girl will do that. They want to test levels again in 6 weeks and see how they are, I'm curious too.

Thread Information