• 2 Post By Chark
  • 4 Post By ghettoboyd
  • 3 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 2 Post By xxblazenlowxx
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier

Thread: First Cycle Test Prop only?

beanpo1e is offline Junior Member

First Cycle Test Prop only?

I'm researching a first cycle, but am concerned that periodic travel I take may interfere with a 12 week long cycle. I've looked at an 8 week Test P only cycle as a possibly alternative to 12 week 500mg Test E cycle.

The pros are Test Prop comes on quicker than Test E and C and levels drop sooner so you can start PCT sooner. The main cons seems to be EOD injections in virgin muscle can be more painful and the PIP with prop can also be more difficult to tolerate.

Overall, a 500mg 8 week Test P cycle with appropriate AI, HCG , and PCT seems like a good alternative first cycle. Thoughts?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that CYP or ENAN would be easier for a new comer just because PROP needs more frequent injections and can be a painful ester for some but honestly any ester will work just fine if you do things correctly. My first AAS cycles were SUST only and I made incredible gains with minimal amounts.
    Cuz and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Honestly, test is test. If you're cool with pinning yourself more frequently and the PIP (think of what it's like when you get a vaccine and picture it worse).

As far as your AI goes, I'd actually just keep it on hand and not use it unless you need it. Your best gains are going to happen while your estrogen is high.

What are your goals from this cycle? What's your height, weight, bodyfat%, bench/squat/deadlift, etc? What are you realistically hoping to gain from this cycle? How disruptive is your travel? How is your diet? Don't just think that you have access to a gym and you can eat that travel won't disrupt your program. Do you get adequate rest in a hotel room? Can you bring your PCT with you on your travels?
    beanpo1e likes this.

Mr. Small is offline Member
    The only negative with Prop v. E or C, is pinning eod. Monday, Wednesday and Friday would probably cut it though, that's 3 a week. The short cycle is probably better than a 12 week E cycle when you are waiting 5 weeks for the test to kick in

Blog Entries
    you will need at least 6 injection spots to rotate through to avoid any issues if you go with prop imho...so keep that in mind as you make your decision...

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    you will need at least 6 injection spots to rotate through to avoid any issues if you go with prop imho...so keep that in mind as you make your decision...
    I was thinking Ventral Glutes, Glutes, and Delts.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Honestly, test is test. If you're cool with pinning yourself more frequently and the PIP (think of what it's like when you get a vaccine and picture it worse).

As far as your AI goes, I'd actually just keep it on hand and not use it unless you need it. Your best gains are going to happen while your estrogen is high.

What are your goals from this cycle? What's your height, weight, bodyfat%, bench/squat/deadlift, etc? What are you realistically hoping to gain from this cycle? How disruptive is your travel? How is your diet? Don't just think that you have access to a gym and you can eat that travel won't disrupt your program. Do you get adequate rest in a hotel room? Can you bring your PCT with you on your travels?
    I'm 6 foot and my weight is low 190s currently, with bf around 12-15%. I'm looking to keep 6-8 lbs of new muscle. I have a home gym, but anticipate possible holiday travel that may include air travel. I don't want to travel with gear and want to be in my PCT by that point.

Are Pecs a reasonable alternative for injections?

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beanpo1e View Post
    I’m not a fan. Glutes, shoulders and quads for me
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    I’m not a fan. Glutes, shoulders and quads for me
    this is what i and most do...^^^^^
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes. I do localized injections. Bi’s, tris, pecs, quads, mid delts, front delts. Pats are too difficult for me so I do t do them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are 6-8 week cycles meaningfully less suppressive than 12 week cycles?

Chark is offline Member
    Are 6-8 week cycles meaningfully less suppressive than 12 week cycles?
    The less time you’re on typically the quicker you’ll recover. The issue for us is there’s a “what’s the point?” point where if you’re not on long enough you’ll not get enough of the benefits you seek to make the risks worth it.
    beanpo1e and ghettoboyd like this.

Would the fact that propionate comes on quicker make up some of the difference or are you leaving a lot of potential gains on the table?

Blog Entries
    Would the fact that propionate comes on quicker make up some of the difference or are you leaving a lot of potential gains on the table?
    honestly that shouldn't matter to you right now...have you ever injected anything?...cus if you haven't id go long esters because you have no idea how the pip is going to effect you...ive had prop shots hurt so bad with virgin muscle i questioned whether to continue so keep that in mind...

I would stick with test E or C for 10-12 weeks.
    Front load if shorter than 12.

Prop can be painful especially for a newb.

If you are traveling for a week with test E or C you can just pin double the day you leave.
    With prop you can't.

If you know you are going to be traveling then I would delay your first cycle if it will interfere with training.

FYI: I like many newbies thought like you and pinned prop for my first cycle...
    Regretted it fully.
    Had to cut my prop with GSO and that helped a little.
    beanpo1e, Cuz and ghettoboyd like this.

Thanks for the responses, that makes sense. If I need to take a trip, front load with the longer ester to bridge the gap. It helps to hear from somebody who regretted it.

Is there a set guide to frontloading a cycle?

Is there a set guide to frontloading a cycle?

No set guide. It’s essentially just doubling down on weekly dosage to get your serum blood level higher in a faster time period. I know there’s some charts online that graph it out (a quick google search will yield results).

For example) 500 mgs of test a week for 12 weeks

Week one - 500 on Monday and 500 on Thursday
    Week two - 250 on Monday and 250 on Thursday

The hope is to accelerate your blood levels so that you respond faster without having to wait for the long ester to “kick in”.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    No set guide. It’s essentially just doubling down on weekly dosage to get your serum blood level higher in a faster time period. I know there’s some charts online that graph it out (a quick google search will yield results).

For example) 500 mgs of test a week for 12 weeks

Week one - 500 on Monday and 500 on Thursday
    Week two - 250 on Monday and 250 on Thursday

The hope is to accelerate your blood levels so that you respond faster without having to wait for the long ester to “kick in”.
    When I frontload, I seperate it from the cycle. If I am going to take 500 deca . I frontload 1000 all at once on day 1. On top of that, I take my normal 500 mg cycle that week. That particular week I took 1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...explained.html

There used to be a sticky “ Frontloading explained now do it”

If you can find it theres a lot of good info in there.

The thread I attached is also good and if you look under barrons threads he has posted graphs in the past.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Test E is the recommended first time cycle substance @500mg week. Austin and several others have extremely detailed posts on this topic. Do a quick search and read up. You need to be prepared for a lot of the first cycle things that pretty much occur but are not talked about much. An example of this is the flu like feeling most people get a week or so going into the cycle. The primary thing to take from your first cycle is the BLOODWORK. Know where to get it done and make sure you can afford it. It is the most important item because in the future when you add substances one by one to your cycles you can compare bloodwork (if there is an issue) to see what is going on. If you did not brew the test yourself you need to be worried about is the test real or underdosed etc. Be it an 8 week or 12 week cycle it really doesn't matter. Many other factors are way more important than the length of the cycle.
    beanpo1e likes this.

I've been playing with Steroid Plotter to see what front loading would look like.

Like all things, you’ll get proponents and opponents. Worst case, it isn’t going to hurt. Graphs aside, I can speak to it anecdotally when revving is test cyp.

Thread Information