• 1 Post By Ashop
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Can roids cause fatty liver

navjit is offline New Member

Can roids cause fatty liver

I am facing problems with my liver,
    I have fatty liver.
    My query is injectables can give problems to liver or not.

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Some are toxic, like tren , anadrol , dbol etc.

MaxiMyME is offline Junior Member

Short answer: yes

Anabolic steroids affect the lipid constitution and balance of cholesterol in your body by activating key enzymes involved in lipid metabolism.

So yes they can and almost certainly will contribute to a preexisting fatty liver condition.

Also the source of the fatty liver to begin with is important. This coupled with the anabolic you potentially use will give an idea as to the total negative impact they will have on worsening your condition.

I recommend you address what is causing the fatty liver (especially if it is diet) and resolve it before you take any anabolics. Also you should consult a doctor regarding this topic.

The topic may be masked and marred with negativity but doctors keep this information confidential and are ultimately interested in your wellbeing, not the "naughty/bad" things you are doing.

Best of luck and always err on the side of caution. Cause some conditions cannot be reversed after or up to a certain point.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    More than likely diet related
    Dgs59 and Honkey_Kong like this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navjit View Post
    I am facing problems with my liver,
    I have fatty liver.
    My query is injectables can give problems to liver or not.
    Its possible but more likely with bad dietary and drinking habits.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    They can increase creatinine and alter AST/ALT values. As far as “causing” fatty liver, I would say a hard no. They put excess strain on the liver and make clearance of metabolites more difficult, but that isn’t self is not a cause of fatty liver disease.
    No different than excess acetaminophen, adds strain and liver toxicity but again, not “fatty liver”. as mentioned that correlated to diet (alcohol), genetics, obesity, being a lazy ass and high triglycerides (which would be the only correlation to aas)

Also type 2 diabetes which is generally the leading cause
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Stop with your cold ones

navjit is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiMyME View Post
    Anabolic steroids affect the lipid constitution and balance of cholesterol in your body by activating key enzymes involved in lipid metabolism.

So yes they can and almost certainly will contribute to a preexisting fatty liver condition.

Also the source of the fatty liver to begin with is important. This coupled with the anabolic you potentially use will give an idea as to the total negative impact they will have on worsening your condition.

I recommend you address what is causing the fatty liver (especially if it is diet) and resolve it before you take any anabolics. Also you should consult a doctor regarding this topic.

The topic may be masked and marred with negativity but doctors keep this information confidential and are ultimately interested in your wellbeing, not the "naughty/bad" things you are doing.

Best of luck and always err on the side of caution. Cause some conditions cannot be reversed after or up to a certain point.
    So should i stop my stuff,

And should i also stop proteine intake.

MaxiMyME is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navjit View Post
    So should i stop my stuff,

And should i also stop proteine intake.
    What are you currently running cycle-wise?

Dont stop protein intake as this will likely not have a negative impact on your liver. What is your approximate protein intake per day?
    Last edited by MaxiMyME; 10-04-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    They can increase creatinine and alter AST/ALT values. As far as “causing” fatty liver, I would say a hard no. They put excess strain on the liver and make clearance of metabolites more difficult, but that isn’t self is not a cause of fatty liver disease.
    No different than excess acetaminophen, adds strain and liver toxicity but again, not “fatty liver”. as mentioned that correlated to diet (alcohol), genetics, obesity, being a lazy ass and high triglycerides (which would be the only correlation to aas)

Also type 2 diabetes which is generally the leading cause

I'd like to add to this, that the liver can recover from a considerable amount of abuse. The liver tends to go back to normal after you cease taking the things that put strain on it. Chronic liver damage takes years and years to accumulate. Supposing you're not taking a massive enough dose to destroy your liver in one shot (like say a handful of Tylenols at once), the liver has regenerative abilities to recover from nearly all of the acute damage it takes (within reason).
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Thread Information