Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: Doing my 1st Delt INJ after 3 years of giving delts time off. Vids show that 2 Nerves

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member

Doing my 1st Delt INJ after 3 years of giving delts time off. Vids show that 2 Nerves

Hi

Im Doing my 1st Delt INJ after 3 years of giving delts time off. Vids show that 2 Nerves right near the center of the delt site can be problematic

i mean,here i am Brushing up Hopeful Bright eyed bushy tailed only to find in horror 2 nerves one axial up and down and one other nerve left to right very close to that rectangular spot or the Inverted triangle, you see in spot injections

Some of these recent vids i've watched in a day or so to brush up on my delt im inj skills or to remind me how to do them, said the Delts no longer need aspirating as the medical community has deemed them free of major blood vessels, etc, that's kind of hard for me to believe, I'd rather Err on the side of aspirating

Anyway, these 2 nerves can actually cause paralysis that may not be something that can "resolve" is what they call it in medical jargon and they use such phrases and terms of art as "frozen shoulder," Months of a weakness and poor range of motion

The vids mentioning nerves in the area are produced on ytube by a Medical Doctor, so i'm guessing he may have an incentive to keep IM injections mysterious and done only by licensed pro's like a Nurse?

Or...should I not worry and measure 3 finger lengths from the top boney part of either deltoid Downward and inject right dead center and aspirate ?

The last thing i want is to hit a nerve-- as an aside, 1 friend in 2003, hit a nerve in his glute and was temporarily paralyzed for several days

thanks in advance for maybe some reply or advice like don't overthink this...right in the center obviously not too high wherer the shoulder bone is and not too low where ur nearer to the elbow, the 2 or 3 fingers horizontally placed and underneath them, right in the center is a good spot ?

thanks again
    Last edited by NiceGuyResearcher; 12-13-2020 at 08:14 AM.

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    I think if your Delts aren't too meaty, then inject with longer needles and you really bury it, yeah it’s possible you could stick a major nerve before it’s branched off more to it’s more superficial divisions. Stick with a 5/8 inch, shouldn’t be an issue. Also don’t pin too high up, maybe stick with the middle third. Delt and pec are my favorite sites personally.

thanks for both of your replies,

I am very familiar with spot injections, *the disturbing part is the Recent news I found out in the prior day or 2, that there are 2 Nerves (1 runs up to down, 1 left to right) exactly in the rectangular box in shown in spot injections dot com and elsewhere (other how to, diagram anatomy info out there)

this changes the game and makes Extra Precautions necessary

not too happy about the Frozen Shoulder and "Paralysis that shows no resolve " pain for months as in like 6-9 months, these are not reassuring phrases

I know we take a chance in this game, just like pro Racing & riding a motorcycle, has calculated risks, but we want to keep them to a minimum

even more so now, nobody wants to go to urgent care or the ER during the colder weather at ground zero of where covid patients are...and get exposed to that novel virus

5/8 is too small in my opinion--and might go Sub-q which lends itself to abcess problems where the juice just lingers there and turns bad. I'm 5 feet 9 inches tall at 205 pounds and can Incline Bench 175 pounds at the moment, so maybe that gives an idea of that my delts are meaty enough

going in with what I got a 1 inch needle is that ok?

The nerves aren't deep in the muscle, if you go deep with a 1.5 in. needle u hit only bone *but again they are in the vicinity of the area that needs to be pinned in the delts (the safe zone)

so basically the safe zone in the delts has a danger zone near it where 2 nerves are.

i'm going to find a still frame of the nerves where this Indian Med doctor has a YT vid, but for now anyone else want to chime in?

(my background of why i am freaked out? Im not afraid of needles, but: had an infectious abcess in a glute in 2011, had a friend who was temporarily paralyzed by hitting a nerve in his glute)
    Last edited by NiceGuyResearcher; 12-13-2020 at 08:26 PM.

here you go...it might be retirement from anabolic steroids for me soon unless i do 1 last dbol only cycle

i may have been super lucky over the years not hitting any nerves

look at the attached pics, *see how dangerously close the Axial nerve is RIGHT AT THE SPOT WHERE DELTS ARE USUALLY PINNED!

I'm using a 1 inch needle & I am 204 pounds at 5 feet 9 in tall, and can Incline Bench Press close to 160 pounds at the moment (that makes me feel my delts are meaty enough) so even though I never had hit a nerve, *you know becasue when you do it gets really hot and stingy like being electrocuted....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Doing my 1st Delt INJ after 3 years of giving delts time off. Vids show that 2 Nerves-delt-nerve-1.jpg   Doing my 1st Delt INJ after 3 years of giving delts time off. Vids show that 2 Nerves-delt-nerve-2.jpg  

Educated risk? Axial nerve may be wire-thin and located up top, near the bone, rare--

Educated risk? Axial nerve may be wire-thin and located up top, near the bone, rare--

to hit it,

the other one radial nerve is like near the elbow for God's sake

tell me, not to worry? For my 49th birthday this Tuesday, December 15, 2020, I'd Love to finish 5 more weeks of my Test E. this cycle instead of stopping short.

here are some more pics of what Rn REGIstered Nurses call "Landmarking" or locating the exact area of the Delts for an IM INJ of like a Vaccine....

2 more pics: (3 fingers width down from the top bone aka "Acromium Process") and then pinning dead center

... attachments (2).....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Doing my 1st Delt INJ after 3 years of giving delts time off. Vids show that 2 Nerves-delt-landmark-pic-1.jpg   Doing my 1st Delt INJ after 3 years of giving delts time off. Vids show that 2 Nerves-delt-landmark-pic-2.jpg  

Maybe skip the dbol cycle and try a xanex cycle?

Ive seen a lot of stuff here and never heard of anybody hitting this nerve.

I inject my delts with a 1” needle

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyResearcher View Post

to hit it,

the other one radial nerve is like near the elbow for God's sake

tell me, not to worry? For my 49th birthday this Tuesday, December 15, 2020, I'd Love to finish 5 more weeks of my Test E. this cycle instead of stopping short.

here are some more pics of what Rn REGIstered Nurses call "Landmarking" or locating the exact area of the Delts for an IM INJ of like a Vaccine....

2 more pics: (3 fingers width down from the top bone aka "Acromium Process") and then pinning dead center

... attachments (2).....
    Irrelevant to the question but how long have you been training? And you have a diet plan correct? What does it look like?
    Dgs59 likes this.

Meloncap78 is offline Associate Member
    I use a 1” 23G and rotate quads and delts. Never had an issue with delts. I have struck a nerve in the quad a couple of times over the years. I normally bury it in my delts and have never hit a nerve. I don’t pin glutes ever because I can’t aspirate properly in that position.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    For the love of gym, stop making it over complicated for yourself and get anxious. I understand self injecting is not for everyone so it highly depends on your goals.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meloncap78 View Post
    I use a 1” 23G and rotate quads and delts. Never had an issue with delts. I have struck a nerve in the quad a couple of times over the years. I normally bury it in my delts and have never hit a nerve. I don’t pin glutes ever because I can’t aspirate properly in that position.
    Do it in front of a mirror so you can see.

Meloncap78 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Do it in front of a mirror so you can see.
    It’s not that, it’s just a weird angle and i can’t use 2 hands to hold it to aspirate properly. I tried with one hand pinching the stem of the plunger but slipped and jerked the needle around in there. I just find no need to use glutes. I have 4 good spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Meloncap78 View Post
    It’s not that, it’s just a weird angle and i can’t use 2 hands to hold it to aspirate properly. I tried with one hand pinching the stem of the plunger but slipped and jerked the needle around in there. I just find no need to use glutes. I have 4 good spots.
    Try your glutes while sitting down

Quote Originally Posted by xxblazenlowxx View Post
    Maybe skip the dbol cycle and try a xanex cycle?

Ive seen a lot of stuff here and never heard of anybody hitting this nerve.

I inject my delts with a 1” needle
    thanks, i already have xanax or clonipin, i don't go overboard like eminem. just 0.5 mgs and then pin 30 min later when it goes into effect. i respect benzo's like the native indians in the so. west respect peyote.

i'm not afraid of pinning, and im from the old school of bodybuilding frank zane, robby robinson, mike m., boyer coe, casey viator, i had all the mags back in the late 70s early 80s, then in the 90s rich gaspari, again : robby r, etc etc

i can go into details later, maybe i will send u a friend request...and i can paypal u for training tips personalized to my goals etc.

what i will do is take your word and forget about hitting any nerves in the delts....it's just every time, i get p.i.p. post injection pain and reaction, it's the reaction im worried about, i was super unlucky to use just a 1 inch and pin my glutes several years ago using some cheap gear and i had an infectious abcess

but this time after each pin, im just going to to bear the redness and hit some fish mox 500 mg's amoxicillin if i get too worried about redness in the delts turning into an infection

i respect antibiotics, the same way, i do know u can get a tolerance to it, if u over do it.....

fish mox works, it clears up my pimples when i used it for an unrelated infection-- what's a pimple? a bacteria infection under the skin pores

thanks again everyone....

i'm not afraid of pinning, and im from the old school of bodybuilding frank zane, robby robinson, mike m., boyer coe, casey viator, i had all the mags back in the late 70s early 80s, then in the 90s rich gaspari, again : robby r, etc etc

i can go into details later, maybe i will send u a friend request...and i can paypal u for training tips personalized to my goals etc.

what i will do is take your word and forget about hitting any nerves in the delts....it's just every time, i get p.i.p. post injection pain and reaction, it's the reaction im worried about, i was super unlucky to use just a 1 inch and pin my glutes several years ago using some cheap gear and i had an infectious abcess

but this time after each pin, im just going to to bear the redness and hit some fish mox 500 mg's amoxicillin if i get too worried about redness in the delts turning into an infection

i respect antibiotics, the same way, i do know u can get a tolerance to it, if u over do it.....

fish mox works, it clears up my pimples when i used it for an unrelated infection-- what's a pimple? a bacteria infection under the skin pores

thanks again everyone....

Thread Information