Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By radioactivegraphite

Thread: Consulting with your primary care physician

radioactivegraphite is offline New Member

Consulting with your primary care physician

I am on the fence regarding letting my doc know about my test-c usage. Sometimes I feel like I should so I know I can be getting the best advice and be as safe as possible. On the other hand, I know how to be safe on my own (for the most part) by all of the research I have done, and the INCREDIBLE amount of knowledge that has been dropped and stickied by extremely knowledgeable folks on here. That's one thing that I haven't really heard folks talk about a lot though. The only thing I do understand is that there are strict laws (HIPAA) regarding doc to patient confidentiality. But that's the extent of it. I guess one specific question I would have surrounding this: can my doctor order more blood tests for me if I fess up? I ask because he always seems to ask what the justification is for certain tests and will not order them if I don't have one from the list of disorders or ailments that he provides. Thanks all! Love this forum!!!

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Anything is possible but the average doctor is not in the business of managing steroid users' blood work and minimizing negative side effects caused by steroids . By taking exogenous hormones, you are a liability for the doctor and the insurance company. It's the same as being an alcoholic or drug abuser from a medical practitioner's standpoint. That information can end up on your medical records as well, leading to trouble with insurance, etc. The doctor may choose to not see you anymore. A doctor wants you to ideally be on nothing, they don't care about your muscles, they care about your overall health.

You may go to a TRT clinic, but those places will require you to do regular blood work and will cost a lot of money. Some doctors may prescribe hefty TRT doses, but they wont compare to cycle you would otherwise do. If you can find a steroid friendly doctor by word of mouth or research, that's what I would do. Otherwise just run your cycles and get your bloodwork around them. If you live in the US, in most states you can order bloodwork online at places like discountedlabs.com or privatemdlabs.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Anything is possible but the average doctor is not in the business of managing steroid users' blood work and minimizing negative side effects caused by steroids . By taking exogenous hormones, you are a liability for the doctor and the insurance company. It's the same as being an alcoholic or drug abuser from a medical practitioner's standpoint. That information can end up on your medical records as well, leading to trouble with insurance, etc. The doctor may choose to not see you anymore. A doctor wants you to ideally be on nothing, they don't care about your muscles, they care about your overall health.

You may go to a TRT clinic, but those places will require you to do regular blood work and will cost a lot of money. Some doctors may prescribe hefty TRT doses, but they wont compare to cycle you would otherwise do. If you can find a steroid friendly doctor by word of mouth or research, that's what I would do. Otherwise just run your cycles and get your bloodwork around them. If you live in the US, in most states you can order bloodwork online at places like discountedlabs.com or privatemdlabs.com.
    Great read. I will certainly take your advice and look into either finding the "right" doc or looking into the TRT clinic. Thanks for all of the advice that you have given me lately over the past few threads I have created recently. Friggin awesome to see senior members this involved.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Subjectively, that is what you say to the doctor could stay quite or he could deny you care. It’s not like lawyer-client confidentiality. If you tell the MD something that you are doing something deliberately that could jeopardize your health and then the insurance company or they have to pay for it later - not going to go well likely.

I personally have told my MD, who I have years of trust in that I have used compounds when my lipids, liver and PSA levels were not looking good after an unrelated and untimely blood test on just those 3. I did this to assure him that those values were somewhat false and guaranteed him they would drop after the next round of blood work. They did, so he did not have to act on anything and he and the providers wouldn’t be liable if I had issues later with my liver, heart or prostate.

They also pay for my TRT, but I’m darned sure to keep my test levels low when they request BW to check that in particular.

But as soon as tests are done at the doctors request, IF anything unusual is found, they must act or they could be liable. So if they test your testosterone levels and it is too high, you better be sure that they are obligated to test again to ensure that it returns to more normal levels.

Do your blood work independently.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Subjectively, that is what you say to the doctor could stay quite or he could deny you care. It’s not like lawyer-client confidentiality. If you tell the MD something that you are doing something deliberately that could jeopardize your health and then the insurance company or they have to pay for it later - not going to go well likely.

I personally have told my MD, who I have years of trust in that I have used compounds when my lipids, liver and PSA levels were not looking good after an unrelated and untimely blood test on just those 3. I did this to assure him that those values were somewhat false and guaranteed him they would drop after the next round of blood work. They did, so he did not have to act on anything and he and the providers wouldn’t be liable if I had issues later with my liver, heart or prostate.

They also pay for my TRT, but I’m darned sure to keep my test levels low when they request BW to check that in particular.

But as soon as tests are done at the doctors request, IF anything unusual is found, they must act or they could be liable. So if they test your testosterone levels and it is too high, you better be sure that they are obligated to test again to ensure that it returns to more normal levels.

Copy. Thanks for the info!!
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post

I can tell you from your replies that I will continue to do bloodwork independently. It will be more expensive..but as far as I know I could be dropped and have insurance made aware of what I am doing and end up paying more anyway. Another thing I didn't mention, this doc is new to me..so yeah, it's pretty clear what I am going to end up doing.

Thread Information